“What a lovely getaway”

Shaw Club Hotel
Grimsby, Canada
“What a lovely getaway”
Reviewed 7 February 2014

What a wonderful way to embrace winter by getting away with your spouse. The hotel is beautiful and the care to details is outstanding. Zees restaurant is wonderful offering several vegetarian or vegan options which is the norm on this menu so that was impressive as well.

Room Tip: I don't think there would be bad rooms but a deluxe king was lovely.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Lisa M, Guest Relations Manager at Shaw Club Hotel, responded to this review, 9 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write us a review! We are pleased to hear the attention to detail made your stay memorable, our guest services team works hard to ensure every one of guests feel at home. We hope you visit us again in the future!

Guest Services Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (214)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 6 February 2014

What you need in a getaway hotel is: a cozy well appointed room with a big comfortable bed, great food and a very accommodating staff that is second to none. This is what we got at the Shaw Inn and Spa. No questions or requests were too great for the Shaw Inn staff and they made us feel so welcomed and special (a little pampering goes a long way!) We loved this inn's location which was across the street from the Shaw festival and very close to the main street of Niagara-on-the-lake where all the action is in the summer. Oh - did I forget to mention how beautifully decorated the inn and rooms were? My husband and I highly recommend the Shaw Inn and Spa for your next stay in Niagara-on-the-lake! Luxury accommodation and terrific staff all rolled into one!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time here at Shaw Club Hotel & Spa. Our dedicated team pride themselves on ensuring your stay is an enjoyable one, and I am pleased we accomplished this for you. Thank you for taking to time to write us a review and hopefully you will return soon!

New York
Reviewed 5 February 2014 via mobile

Excellent location, quiet cozy rooms, very accommodating staff. Appreciated all the extra touches: fish in the room, DVD player and rentals, free wifi, welcome snack and mini tv in bathroom. Vegan menu options at breakfast at Zees. Great fitness center (small but functional). We would definitely revisit! Recommend trying Treadwell restaurant down the street for lunch or dinner.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to reflect on your stay with us! I’m happy to hear you enjoyed every aspect of your stay, from the pet fish in your room to the fitness center. Chef Jason Dobbie has created so many wonderful Vegan options, I will pass on your kind comments to his team. I look forward to welcoming you back to Shaw Club Hotel & Spa soon!

Buffalo, New York
Reviewed 31 January 2014

This was the first time in 6 years that me and my husband had a romantic overnight. We love Niagara on the Lake and we wanted a nice hotel. First time ever and I can't wait to come back. The people at the hotel are awesome!!!!!!! Our room wasn't ready since we came early but we didn't care, we took the time to walk around the streets and have lunch. When we came back our luggage was already in our beautiful room. The bathroom was insane and just awesome, the room was so nice and cozy and bed divine! I wanted to purchase some water, when I went the bar was close, I employed went open the bar at the restaurant, gave me two bottles of water and did not charge me! I couldn't believe it! She was so nice and wanted to make sure I had everything I need it, FYI she was on her way out, just finish her shift and came back just for me. I live the fire place room, with the movies, tea and coffee. It was just so relaxing and I just love the staff!!!!! Counting the days when me and my husband can come back!!!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank michelle r
Thank you for choosing Shaw Club Hotel & Spa for your first getaway in 6 years! I’m thrilled to hear one of our team members went out of her way to assist you. Our guest services team are doing an amazing job and recognition from guests is always appreciated. We are counting the days until we have the opportunity to welcome you back!

Yours in Hospitality
Westfield, New Jersey
Reviewed 29 January 2014

My husband and I booked 1 night in the King Balcony Suite for a mini-vacation the week after Christmas. The spacious suite was luxurious and well-equipped, with an extra large, 2-person soaking jacuzzi, fireplace, and separate living and bedrooms. The king-sized bed was ultra comfortable with soft linens and fluffy pillows. We did not make use of the balcony because of the weather, but we plan to return in the spring or summer and will surely book here again. The staff of the Shaw Club were accommodating, welcoming, and friendly. The proximity to all the shops and restaurants (but quieter because it is at the end of the main road) makes this the perfect location. We spent the afternoon touring local wineries and actually looked forward to returning to our room for respite. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: Splurge for the King Balcony Suite - totally worth it! Go to the local restaurants rather than the...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for recommending us to potential future guests! I’m happy to hear you enjoyed all of the luxurious amenities in our superior king suite. You just can’t go wrong with a two person air jet tub and fireplace for a winter getaway! I look forward to welcoming you back in the spring or summer!

Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 28 January 2014

My wife took care of booking this getaway for a Sunday night stay at the Shaw Club, celebrating a belated wedding anniversary. We reserved a room with a fireplace which also had a nice big king bed.

Upon arrival we parked in the rear of the building with convenient access to the lobby. We were immediately greated by a young lady who offered to help us with our bags. Check in was fast and she showed us to our room, just a few steps from the lobby. As soon as we entered the room we could detect a pleasant fresh aroma, apparently from the green cleaning agents they use. The decor is modern chic, with little surprises around every corner. We opted for the pet Betta fish for our room which was brought in by the hostess and he (Bernie the betta splendens) provided pleasant yet quiet company for us. We have stayed at many hotels and resorts over the years, including ones in Niagara On The Lake, but the Shaw Club stood out for us. Please take a moment to read the other reviews for more details, but essentially for us it came down to the decor, excellent service and a delicious breakfast the next morning.

When we return to Niagara we will definitely stay here again and will recommend the Shaw Club to our friends. Thanks to the young ladies at check in, Jane in the restaurant (Zees), and Cooper at check out.

Room Tip: We had a main floor room with a fireplace as it was in January. Other room options include balconies...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Lisa M, Guest Relations Manager at Shaw Club Hotel, responded to this review, 4 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to reflect on your stay with us, I truly appreciate it! I’m ecstatic to hear that Bernie kept you company during your stay with us. I will be sure to pass on your kind comments to rest of the team, they will be happy to hear they impacted your experience with us. I look forward to welcoming you back to Shaw Club soon!

Niagara Falls, Canada
Reviewed 27 January 2014 via mobile

Being from the area and working in a nearby hotel my husband and I wanted a place to stay on our wedding night. We decided on the shaw club since we knew very little about it. We stayed in a king room in the annex building. We arrived around 2 am and was greeted right away and shown to our room. They had a special note congratulating us with a bottle of champagne. The room was a good size with enough room to move around in a huge dress. From booking it to checking out the staff were nothing but courteous and fantastic. I'm sorry I can't remember any names. They took time to remember our names and the reason for our stay. We can't wait to go back for our anniversary!!! Highly highly recommended!

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank lgaga4694
Thank you for taking the time to write us a review! I’m happy to hear we exceeded your expectations for your wedding night! Congratulations on your wedding, we wish you many years of happiness and look forward to welcoming you back to Shaw Club Hotel & Spa each year for your anniversary!