“Simply Divine”
Review of Shaw Club Hotel

Shaw Club Hotel
“Simply Divine”
Reviewed 20 February 2014

A business college and I had the pleasure of staying at the Shaw Club Hotel recently and our experience was delightful. The staff are very pleasant and professional and attentive to your every need. We didn't stay for dinner but would have liked to after seeing the menu. The rooms are very well laid out and had a cozy comforting feel to them. Before leaving we enjoyed a fabulous breakfast in the dinning room. I would not hesitate to recommend this wonderful hotel if you're planning a trip to Niagara on the Lake.
I'm looking forward to visiting the Shaw again in the near future.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Lisa M, Guest Relations Manager at Shaw Club Hotel, responded to this review, 21 February 2014
Thank you for choosing Shaw Club Hotel & Spa during your visit to beautiful Niagara-on-the-Lake. Our dedicated team pride themselves on ensuring your stay is an enjoyable one, and I am pleased we accomplished this for you. I will be sure to pass on your kind comments to the food and beverage team. I look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Guest Services Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (215)
Beverly Hills, Michigan
Reviewed 16 February 2014

This was a last minute get-away for us after a trying week. The Shaw was so restful and relaxing. The staff was very welcoming, and the contemporary décor well thought out. Having a fireplace in our room on a cold evening was a lovely bonus. We enjoyed an outstanding breakfast the next morning at Zees. We will recommend to our friends and look forward to another stay soon!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
I’m thrilled to hear you enjoyed every aspect of your stay! The fireplace definitely puts the icing on the cake when visiting in the winter. Thank you for taking the time to recommend us, we truly appreciate it!

Toronto
Reviewed 12 February 2014

We just got back from a 2-night stay bought with a Wagjag deal. It was wonderful from the moment we arrived. The staff here are fantastic! We were warmly welcomed and shown to our room, given an overview of the place, and made to feel right at home..The furnishings are beautiful and we found it so very relaxing the whole time. So much is in the little details with this place. Take the time to observe things like the artwork and the light fixtures, and even the bookends in your room.
Extremely comfortable general seating area has a laptop and printer for your use. There is a Keurig machine if you'd like to make yourself some tea or coffee to enjoy by the fire (as well as a more typical coffee-maker in the room), a DVD library if youi'd like to borrow a movie or two to watch in your room. Beautifull fitness room downstairs, with gorgeous restrooms as well. The in-room TV is a large wall-mounted Panasonic with very nice picture. Being wall-mounted, the ports are inaccessible so I asked about this and the staff very kindly insisted on having maintenance plug in my HDMI cable so I could hook up the laptop to watch a game I was hoping to stream from abroad. Unfortunately the port seems to be disabled on the TV so it didn't work out, but again, they suggested I could connect the laptop to the huge TV in the meeting room downstairs. They really go the extra mile to do all they can to accomodate. (in the end, I discovered that the game I wanted was showing on TV anyway due to a change in schedule so I could watch it in the comfort of my room without need of a laptop)

The room itself was gorgeous. We had a King-conversion bed, which worried me just a tiny bit at first but was supremely comfortable. I needn't have worried at all. The shower... well, I could have happily just spent the whole day in there. Great rain shower head, with another high-pressure head as well. The soaps and body washes were very nice too. All sorts of great touches applied to make the stay enjoyable and memorable.

It was also a great time to visit Niagara on the Lake. It seems off-season is a good time to visit, since it added to the quiet and calm that the Shaw provides. It was all just exactly what we wanted - a quiet few days to recharge and relax.

I think this is a demonstration of how well Wagjag can work. We wouldn't have discovered this gem of a place otherwise, but now we'll definitely be returning with or without any 'deals'. The Shaw, and all of its staff, is awesome!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a beautifully detailed review. I am thrilled that you had such a memorable stay and took notice of all the little details that made your stay that much more enjoyable. We aim to provide a “home away from home” and I’m happy we were able to accomplish this for you. I will be sure to pass on your kind comments to the rest of the team and I look forward to welcoming you back to Shaw Club Hotel & Spa soon!

Reviewed 8 February 2014

Amazing weekend getaway. Arrived in Friday and had a mani, pedi, facial and massage. Staff are terrific, friendly and professional. They even went to our room to get white whine and chilled it. Dinner that evening at the hotel was excellent. Large two person soaker to in the room with a fireplace nearby.

The staff here to a person were excellent - friendly, helpful, and just great people.

Beds were very comfortable.

Rainshower shower head in the shower was awesome - water pressure was great. Rooms were clean and well decorated.

Would definitely return - great job!

1 Thank scho31
Lisa M, Guest Relations Manager at Shaw Club Hotel, responded to this review, 9 February 2014
You can’t go wrong with starting your getaway at Shaw Spa! It sounds as if we were able to provide you with a wonderful experience. Our dedicated team are always eager to ensure this is a "home away from home" for you and I am pleased to hear you enjoyed yourself. I look forward to welcoming you back to Shaw Club Hotel & Spa!

Grimsby, Canada
Reviewed 7 February 2014

What a wonderful way to embrace winter by getting away with your spouse. The hotel is beautiful and the care to details is outstanding. Zees restaurant is wonderful offering several vegetarian or vegan options which is the norm on this menu so that was impressive as well.

Room Tip: I don't think there would be bad rooms but a deluxe king was lovely.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write us a review! We are pleased to hear the attention to detail made your stay memorable, our guest services team works hard to ensure every one of guests feel at home. We hope you visit us again in the future!

Reviewed 6 February 2014

What you need in a getaway hotel is: a cozy well appointed room with a big comfortable bed, great food and a very accommodating staff that is second to none. This is what we got at the Shaw Inn and Spa. No questions or requests were too great for the Shaw Inn staff and they made us feel so welcomed and special (a little pampering goes a long way!) We loved this inn's location which was across the street from the Shaw festival and very close to the main street of Niagara-on-the-lake where all the action is in the summer. Oh - did I forget to mention how beautifully decorated the inn and rooms were? My husband and I highly recommend the Shaw Inn and Spa for your next stay in Niagara-on-the-lake! Luxury accommodation and terrific staff all rolled into one!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time here at Shaw Club Hotel & Spa. Our dedicated team pride themselves on ensuring your stay is an enjoyable one, and I am pleased we accomplished this for you. Thank you for taking to time to write us a review and hopefully you will return soon!

New York
Reviewed 5 February 2014 via mobile

Excellent location, quiet cozy rooms, very accommodating staff. Appreciated all the extra touches: fish in the room, DVD player and rentals, free wifi, welcome snack and mini tv in bathroom. Vegan menu options at breakfast at Zees. Great fitness center (small but functional). We would definitely revisit! Recommend trying Treadwell restaurant down the street for lunch or dinner.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to reflect on your stay with us! I’m happy to hear you enjoyed every aspect of your stay, from the pet fish in your room to the fitness center. Chef Jason Dobbie has created so many wonderful Vegan options, I will pass on your kind comments to his team. I look forward to welcoming you back to Shaw Club Hotel & Spa soon!