“Romantic, Cozy hotel”
Review of Shaw Club Hotel

Shaw Club Hotel
Reviewed 31 March 2014

My husband an I spent only one night at Shaw Club and we regret not booking for a little longer.
The hotel staff was friendly and very welcoming; The room super clean, modern and very cozy, love the details that made it very personal for us, from the bottle of wine to the letter with our last name that stated " Shaw Club Hotel and Spa: from the Temporary residence of Mr. x and Mrs. x....
The room also had a journal with entries from previous guests that made us feel very glad we picked this place.
The complimentary breakfast was very gourmet in presentation and taste, nothing to envy the hotels in Niagara Falls.
We checked in on March 27th and to us it was the perfect time of the year. The price was right and the town was QUIET !!! we are a young couple with very busy work schedules, kids etc. So we do appreciated calm-quiet times.
We will come back for sure !

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Lisa M, Guest Relations Manager at Shaw Club Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a beautifully detailed review. I am thrilled that you had such a memorable stay and took notice of all the little details that made your stay that much more enjoyable. I will be sure to pass on your kind comments to the rest of the team and I look forward to welcoming you back to Shaw Club Hotel & Spa soon!

Reviewed 23 March 2014

Even with a snow storm and white-out conditions that closed down much of NOTL, our stay was a mini-vacation with excellent customer service from the get-go.

Thank you so much, Kylie and manager, Lisa!! Front Reception ladies are courteous, knowledgeable and assisted us with finding the best package to suit our needs. Even when there was confusion with our dinner package, we were treated respectfully and with utmost professionalism.

As a member of Ontario Finest Inns, we gravitate to supporting smaller hotels and B&Bs. Shaw Club impressed us with the modern feel, luxury, gorgeous + super clean bathroom and amenities. We took advantage of the common lounge for reading and chatting with other guests by the fireplace. Complimentary DVD rentals came in handy during snow storm. Front Reception assisted with wine glasses or ordering lunch for any guest who did not know where to grab a bite to eat during the snow storm.

BREAKFAST - A+ complimentary gourmet breakfast at in-house Zees! Leisurely paced; excellent menu choices, presentation and service; accommodating gluten-free. Truffled Mushroom, Bacon and Goat Cheese Frittata was super delicious that we reordered the same dish the following day!! Compliments to the Chef:) Brioche French Toast was the other favourite among our group.

DINNER- Try the Artisanal Cheese Plate — even my 10 year old enjoyed sampling the locally sourced melange of flavours. No sooner did we run out of baguette slices, our server was back with another basket. Organic Quinoa was excellent; as was the Beef Rib Eye, Pork Loin and Salmon — great portions and pairing of flavours. Throughly enjoyed our meal choices.

ROOM - Deluxe King Room with extra Pull-out for the Kids. It's a gorgeous room for 2 and we intend on upgrading when we return for an extra bed versus a pull pout sofa for better comfort. A little extra space for closet area would be helpful as well. Otherwise, a very comfortable room. We even had "Iris the Pet Fish"keep us company during our stay. Shaw Club considers the details. Opening windows for fresh air and a wall of windows gave the best view. Super quiet. I felt like I was at home.

Thank you for an enjoyable stay. We intend on returning when visiting NOTL in the future.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Lisa M, Guest Relations Manager at Shaw Club Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a wonderfully detailed review of your visit! I’m thrilled to hear you enjoyed every aspect of your stay with us! Zee’s is always a must when visiting beautiful Niagara-on-the-Lake, I’m glad your family enjoyed both breakfast and dinner with us! I cannot wait to welcome your family back to Shaw Club Hotel & Spa soon!

Reviewed 23 March 2014

Fantastic customer service, and nice little touches that go above and beyond. A homey feel with the expectations of a fine hotel. Enjoy a complimentary hot chocolate, drink of champagne or tea/coffee in the Guest Lounge- sign out a DVD while you are at it. Wonderful chocolate dipped strawberries can be ordered to the room- A MUST! We ate a Zees for breakfast, also a cozy feel with wonderful food choices and friendly service. Spa is small but each service we had was with quality products and wonderful care, 3 of the staff we met had been there since opening 7 yrs ago. If you are tired of pretentious hotels/cultures but crave quality service & food this place is for you. We will return.

Room Tip: Ask for a newer room, with the Rain Shower (Rooms are quite small) but well laid out for space and s...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

I’m so happy to hear you enjoyed all our amenities from the Keurig in the guest lounge to the DVD collection! Thank you so much for your king words, I will be sure to pass them on to the rest of the team. I look forward to saying hello during your next visit!

Reviewed 18 March 2014

This is the second time my boyfriend and I have been to the Shaw Club and both times we were blown away by the customer service provided by the staff. From the minute we booked (on both occaisions - the other being May of 2013) we recieved e-mails from the staff offering assistance with making dinner reservations, booking spa treatments, wine tours and getting us tickets for the Shaw Festival. The customer service is beyond anything we have ever experienced before!

The breakfast that was provided with our package was absolutely amazing both mornings and on both visits.

We liked that they have the option of renting movies during your stay. After a long day of wine tasting, it was nice to curl up in bed and watch a movie together.

The only comment I would make is that the rooms are small. So, if you are expecting a large spacious room, don't. That being said, they have all the amenities that you want and it is cozy and inviting.

1  Thank Alysha M
Lisa M, Guest Relations Manager at Shaw Club Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2014

Our dedicated team are always eager to ensure this is a "home away from home" for you and I am pleased to hear we have created a memorable experience during each visit. I’m thrilled you enjoyed many of our amenities from our DVD library to delicious breakfast at Zee’s Grill. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly for your next visit to beautiful Niagara-on-the-Lake, I would be happy to look into more room options for you. I look forward to welcoming you back to Shaw Club Hotel & Spa soon!

Reviewed 18 March 2014

I booked my trip to the Shaw Club hotel and spa after reading the reviews on Trip advisor. One phone call later and any hesitations I may have had vanquished after speaking with the lovely Lisa. She took the time to lay out options for my trip and got my excitement level skyrocketing. Truly, all the staff at the hotel were fantastic and accommodating. I don’t think I’ve ever had such friendly and efficient service! They’re doing a bang up job there- felt very welcome.
Our room was spectacular! We stayed in room 208 which is their King suite. It features a bar area, living room, bedroom, bathroom and balcony running the length of both the bedroom and living room. It was very well appointed, modern and luxurious. Three televisions – one of which was in the washroom! The washroom – now let me tell you about my favourite part of the vacation!! The bathroom had a rainfall shower and a beautiful two person jetted spa tub! Amazing. Cannot tell you how good it felt to have a nice bubbly bath and then hang out in our gorgeous room. The perfect romantic retreat.
We had personalized stationary and a goodie bag waiting for us in our room when we first arrived. I am now addicted to the hand moisturizer that was included. It’s by a company called Farmhouse Fresh. Nice addition. We had a couples massage at the spa and I can’t encourage you enough to take advantage of the spa services while you’re there. The combination of getting a massage then heading back to our room for a bath in our hi-tech tub, incredible. The lights in the bathroom are on a dimmer switch which is perfect for setting the right ambience.
Zee’s Restaurant was very enjoyable, our server John exceptional. I enjoyed the restaurant however my fiancé is an extremely picky eater so there wasn’t much for him to enjoy. Other nights we had fun checking out pubs in the area. Next time we go back, we’ll have to take in a show – seems a pity we were right across the street from the Festival Theatre and did not take advantage of its proximity.
Overall - just what the doctor ordered! Can’t express enough how nice it was to be so well taken care of. They’re doing things right over at the Shaw Club! We’ll be back.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

It was an absolute pleasure making all your arrangements for your visit! I am so happy to hear you enjoyed every aspect of your stay, from the gorgeous king suite to the little things like the personalized stationary. Thank you so much for taking the time to tell the world about your experience with us, I truly appreciate. I look forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Reviewed 9 March 2014

After reading the reviews on trip advisor, we decided at last minute to give this small hotel a chance. We could not have made a better choice. From the minute we walked in we received first class treatment from Lisa and Viera at the front desk. The treatment continued throughout our stay and any request was gladly and quickly looked after by the staff. Whoever is managing that hotel is a genius at customer service. Plus, the room (Annex King) was perfect for the romantic getaway we had planned. Complete with personalized stationary, yummy brownie and fireplace. In addition, we were smart enough to eat both breakfast and dinner at the hotel restaurant Zees Club. The dinner and service were superb, and the breakfast was the same. The Chef is very talented and the flavours on each plate were glorious. I could not recommend this hotel enough and would advise anyone going to N.O.T.L to give it a try. In fact this is the first review I have ever written on trip advisor because I have never been this impressed with a hotel before.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your first review on trip advisor for us, we truly appreciate it! I’m so happy to hear Vira and I exceeded your expectations! It was an absolute pleasure assisting you during your stay with us. Chef Jason Dobbie continues to create phenomenal menus, Zee’s is always a must when visiting beautiful Niagara-on-the-Lake. I look forward to welcoming you back to Shaw Club Hotel & Spa very soon!

Reviewed 8 March 2014

Small cozy boutique hotel. Staff very cordial and accommodating. We had a room with fireplace and even TV in the bathroom. Little extras like magazines and books , throw blanket and two easy chairs made it lovely on a very cold evening. Proximity to Shaw Festival and extended parking would be a big extra in the busy summer season. I would not choose this hotel if I had small children and wanted a lot of activity i.e. pool or play area. Choosing this hotel for our 41st wedding anniversary was ideal. Judy S

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

I am thrilled that you had such a memorable stay and took notice of all the little details that made your stay that much more enjoyable. Thank you for choosing Shaw Club Hotel & Spa for your 41st wedding anniversary, we hope to celebrate many more with you in the future!