“Outstanding Stay!”
Review of Shaw Club Hotel

Shaw Club Hotel
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Always perfect! Really. Brought my mom for a short overnight getaway. She LOVED it!! - as I thought she would. It's my go-to place in Niagara-on-the Lake. I recommend it to everyone. Friendly staff, fantastic customer service, excellent vibe, serene, relaxing, great attention to detail. The rooms are so peaceful and serene. Modern contemporary, very inviting. Nothing short of outstanding each and every visit. Anything you need - simply ask the front desk. Always friendly and ready to assist. Thank you! I will definitely be back soon!

Room Tip: The King deluxe rooms are fantastic and have more room overall. Rooms with a patio/terrace are a ni...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Lisa M, Guest Relations Manager at Shaw Club Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write your comments and share them on Tripadvisor. Every member of our team is trying to make a difference in the stay of our guests and reading comments like yours is very encouraging to all of us. Thank you for continuing to return to Shaw Club, I look forward to welcoming you back for another memorable experience soon!

Reviewed 20 April 2014

This hotel is absolutely amazing! The front desk staff are so welcoming from the moment you step inside the facilities. My fiancé and I arrived slightly later then we expected too and we had arrived with hungry bellies, within 5 minutes of our arrival Vira from the front desk has secured us dinner reservations at the Shaw Club's wonderful restaurant, Zee's, and this was on a busy Friday evening. The room was so beautiful, with a balcony that looked out to the Shaw Festival builiding, a luxurious bathroom and an extremely comfortable bed. I would highly recommend staying at the Shaw Club if you are willing to spend a little bit extra to feel like royalty.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

It is a joy to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us. I am happy to hear your experience with Vira was memorable, she takes great pleasure in exceeding our guest’s expectations. Zee’s Grill is a local favourite, I’m so happy we were able to secure a reservation for you. I look forward to welcoming you back to Shaw Club Hotel & Spa for another royal escape!

Lisa McDonald,

Reviewed 20 April 2014

I stayed at the Shaw club recently and from the moment I walked in, it was clear that this place was a cut above the rest. The front end staff, Vira specifically, was very warm, friendly and enthusiastic about having me arrive. She walked me to my room, gave me a tour of the room and wished me a pleasant stay. All of which was very high on the service levels. Usually, it's "Credit card please, here's your key". Great first impression.

My room had customized stationery with my name on it, and TWO thank you cards with my name on it. Very classy. The room was immaculate, the king bed VERY comfortable, the bathroom was spotless and overall, the room was one of the best I've every stayed in.

The overall experience was great, a clean room, fantastic customer service all contributed to a memorable stay.

If you're looking for a place to stay in NOTL, make sure Shaw is at the top of your list.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review, we truly appreciate it! Every day we strive to provide our guests with exceptional service and a great experience; it is a pleasure to read how much you enjoyed our hotel. I’m thrilled to hear your welcome exceeded your expectations! Vira is a shining star and a crucial part of our guest services team. I will be sure to pass on your wonderful comments and we look forward to welcoming you back to Shaw Club Hotel and Spa soon!

Reviewed 17 April 2014

When I consider the totality of glowing accolades written about a property my expectations grow. Thus, my evaluation criteria are higher, than say that no tell motel kind of place.

Suffice to say we very much enjoyed our stay. Our welcome was above and beyond. Actually, it was a greeting, nearly to the degree of that given a long lost relative. After we checked in, the clerk escorted us to our room, briefly showing us switches and locations of coffee maker, iron and ironing board.

She showed us the bathroom, including the giant tub with lots of buttons and the two shower accruements. The glass walled/door shower leaked water onto the floor when we used the hand held device. After experimentation we discovered where and how to use the rain shower controls.

There were no instructions to explain the tub controls so we did not choose to use it out of fear of electrocution, flooding etc. (High tech for low tech guests). Oh yes, the bar of soap in the shower has nearly invisible plastic wrap. Try peeling it when it and your hands are wet.

The couch precluded accessing the window which we wanted to open. There was no switch to shut off the ventilation system which tends to dry out the air.

The per cup/tea/coffee/hot chocolate offering in the room off the lobby was top notch. Rather than a large reception lounge area, the space is broken up into several spaces including one with DVD for guest use and a gas fired fireplace. The window shade was torn. Bed was very comfy. Robes were comfy as well.

All of the hotel staff with whom we came into contact were outstanding. Command of information, problem solvers and friendly.

Room Tip: choice of rooms with deck or jacuzzi.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Lisa M, Guest Relations Manager at Shaw Club Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience! I will ensure we have instructions on how to use the shower and tub in our rooms as soon as possible. Thank you for letting us know, we want all our guests to enjoy all the luxuries of our rooms! We would have welcomed the opportunity to assist you in turning the air off in your room and/or opening the window. I’m absolutely thrilled you enjoyed everything from your warm welcome to the guest lounge and comfy robes. I am so happy to hear the guest services team exceeded your expectations, I will pass on your kind comments to the rest of the team. I look forward to welcoming you back to Shaw Club Hotel & Spa soon!

Reviewed 14 April 2014

I could not resist writing a review of our stay at the Shaw Club! Having just returned from a wonderful weekend away I wanted to share that we were thrilled with the hotel. Our room, in the annex overlooking the main street was roomy and luxurious... The service we received from the front desk could not have been any better and our wonderful dinner and breakfast at Zees was divine! We will certainly return on our next stay! Thanks also for arranging our brilliant tickets to the Shaw Festivals' production of Cabaret it really is fantastic!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us a review! I’m delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay here at Shaw Club Hotel & Spa. It is always a pleasure to take care of any arrangements our guests require! I look forward to saying hello during your next visit to beautiful Niagara-on-the-Lake!

Reviewed 10 April 2014

We've just returned from a relaxing two nights stay at the Shaw Club. We were warmly welcomed on arrival, and our two small dogs were made such a fuss of that I think they may have enjoyed their stay even more than their two-legged family!
The hotel is beautifully decorated in a subtle, modern style. Customer service was excellent. The staff in both the hotel and Zee's Restaurant were always friendly and helpful. The food at Zee's was so delicious. Breakfasts set us up for the day, and we enjoyed two wonderful dinners there. I really appreciated the gluten-free options available.
Excellent all around!

Room Tip: There are two pet-friendly rooms on the first floor.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Lisa M, Guest Relations Manager at Shaw Club Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review, we truly appreciate it! I’m so happy to hear your four legged family members enjoyed their stay just as much as you did! Chef Jason Dobbie has made it his goal to create a menu that caters to many dietary restrictions, he will be thrilled to hear you enjoyed both breakfast and dinner with us! I look forward to welcoming you back to Shaw Club Hotel & Spa soon!

Reviewed 8 April 2014

What a gorgeous place NOTL is and what a great hotel this was.

Located at one end of the Main Street it was quick walk to the shops and restaurants and more importantly the lake. The hotel has a personal feeling with great customer service. The room was gorgeous, we had a fireplace room which was super cosy after a cold day out and the bathroom had a fab rain shower. We also ate at Zee's and the food and service was too die for, especially liked all the local wines being used on the wine list.

Would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants a bit of RnR in a truly lovely part of the world.

Room Tip: I would spend the little bit extra for fireplace room, made the stay even more special
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

We truly appreciate you taking the time to reflect on your recent stay with us at Shaw Club Hotel & Spa. I’m delighted to hear you enjoyed all the amenities we have to offer, from the cozy fireplace to the phenomenal cuisine at Zee’s Grill! Chef Jason Dobbie has created an amazing menu with local ingredients and our food and beverage manager, Peggy Wills has chosen local wines to pair with. Together, it creates such an authentic Niagara-on-the-Lake experience. I look forward to saying hello during your next visit!