Shaw Club Hotel
  • Pool
Queen's Landing(Niagara-on-the-Lake)
Harbour House Hotel(Niagara-on-the-Lake)
View Hotel
124 on Queen Hotel and Spa(Niagara-on-the-Lake)
Hotel Dallavalle(Niagara-on-the-Lake)
View Hotel
Oban Inn, Spa and Restaurant(Niagara-on-the-Lake)
The Charles Hotel(Niagara-on-the-Lake)
View Hotel
Best Western Colonel Butler Inn(Niagara-on-the-Lake)
View Hotel
All reviewsbrowniezee's grillbathroom mirrorpet fishrain showerrain headrooms are smallmy husband and ipersonalized stationarymain buildingfestival theatredvd playerhotel restaurantattached restaurantguest loungegift cardking bed
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 May 2014

We had such an awesome time.. the Shaw is wonderful! You never really felt like you were in a hotel, you felt you were at a B&B but even better. As soon as we walked in the door to check in.. you felt like you were family.. the staff was so nice and so helpful. They even walk you to your room to show you to your room and to help answer any questions you might have. The area is so quiet where the Shaw is located as well which makes for a peaceful stay. It is at the very end of the main street in Niagara-on-the Lake but so easy to get to and easy to walk any were in town. The restaurant there is also wonderful, the breakfast is to die for. I can't say enough on how well the staff treated you and always smiled and helped answer any question we had with the wineries, shops or restaurants in town.
The room we had was wonderful, very modern and very comfortable, had everything we needed. Loved the bathroom with rain shower and the small TV in the mirror, they have a hair dryer as well for you. They really make you feel like you are far, far away and you never want to leave as it is so relaxing and so calm. Perfect place for a long weekend and a perfect place for couples. We did not have time for the Spa but heard it was wonderful.. We will come back to stay at the Shaw again for our next visit to Niagara on the Lake.

Room Tip: Call the hotel directly vs going on line via travel website to speak to someone directly for help
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Lisa M, Guest Relations Manager at Shaw Club Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2014

Being a small, boutique hotel we strive to create a personal experiences each and every time and I’m thrilled to hear we accomplished this for you! Every member of our team is trying to make a difference in the stay of our guests and reading comments like yours is very encouraging to all of us. Thank you for taking the time to write us a review, I look forward to welcoming you back to Shaw Club Hotel & Spa soon!

Reviewed 4 May 2014

Thank you so much for a weekend we won't soon forget.

Our suite at the Shaw Hotel was perfect for a girls weekend. We were able to enjoy the suite as a group between tours of Stratus and Oast Brew House and dinner (where we got to enjoy our takeaways from the winery and brewery). The beds were the most incredible beds we've slept in to date, it's going to feel like we're sleeping on nails at home tonight.

The food at Zees Grill is top notch. Our server was great about recommending great wines to go with our meals and we love that there was hollandaise on so many things. Breakfast was quick, friendly and so tasty. We couldn't have asked for better food this weekend.

Spending Sunday at the Shaw Spa was a perfect send off for the group. Judging by the number of knots worked out of each of our backs, the massages were much needed.

The hotel is clean and more than we had imagined it would be. TVs in every room (three in our suite - yes, three), a pet fish named Iris (she was quiet and very low maintenance ;) ) and the staff was very friendly and knowledgable. We cannot wait to plan our next trip.

Room Tip: If you're on vacation with a group of friends/couples, upgrade yourself to a suite so you can have a place for everyone to sit, relax and enjoy take-home goods from surrounding wineries.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ivana S
Lisa M, Guest Relations Manager at Shaw Club Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us a review, we truly appreciate it! I’m so happy to hear Iris was a wonderful companion during your stay with us! I think it is safe to say your mission was accomplished. You were able to enjoy all the wonderful amenities we have to offer, as well as take advantage of some local wine and beer tastings. We wish you could stay with us forever but unfortunately it’s back to reality after your escape to beautiful Niagara-on-the-Lake, but we hope to see you again very soon!

Reviewed 4 May 2014

Shaw Club blew our minds. From the moment we walked through the front door, to the moment we forced ourselves to leave (it was hard), we had the best experience we've ever had.

My friends and I are part of an amazing initiative through Autoshare called #DiscoverON. We are a group of 20-somethings who go on six roadtrips around Ontario and share our experiences over social media. One of our trips is planned for us by Autoshare, the others are up to our imagination.

This was our planned trip. All we knew was to show up and find Ian, and the rest was supposed to just work out. Not only was Ian at the front door, but he had arranged for us to have a special suite so that we could have a space to hang out in between activities. I had been to Niagara-on-the-Lake a countless number of times with my parents, but this was my first trip to really explore the area with some friends. My friends had never been before. Ian not only gave us the perfect rooms, but gave us a ride to Stratus Winery where we were to meet our contact Ben. On the way he gave the perfect background to the local area, all of us learned a fact or two about NOTL.

He arranged for a shuttle to pick us up from Oast Brewery (after Stratus) and it was right on time. They gave us a ride back and we had a few minutes to relax before heading to Zee's Bar & Grill for dinner. We were unsure of our specifications at Zee's, but when the waiter told us we could try whatever we wanted, we went straight for the good stuff- lobster poutine, scallops, and rib eye. We're all self-proclaimed Foodies who have travelled the world in search of the best flavours, and without a doubt, our dinner was in the top of our experiences. I can't tell you how good this food was. If you don't believe me, just visit and look at how many locals visit. The place was electric. Choose to sit on the enclosed patio if you can, it made us feel like spring was finally here!

We then had to check out the local ghost tours. The lovely ladies at the front desk were kind to give us directions and advice on what to expect. When we returned later that night, we were all exhausted and ready for bed, and those beds are incredible. The longer you get to snooze at Shaw Club, the better. Feather top mattresses make a huge difference.

The next morning we headed into Zee's for breakfast. The salmon and avocado eggs benedict was life-changing. It wasn't heavy, was incredibly flavourful and we were all stuffed after leaving. I judge eggs benedict very harshly and this was definitely the best I've ever had.

Finally, we got a chance to visit the spa. Three of us got hour-long massages and the fourth got a manicure and half-hour massage. The staff was so kind to accommodate us after a timing mix-up on our end and we all left relaxed, refreshed, and ready to explore the downtown.

I can't thank the staff enough for our experience at Shaw Club. We will be back, and we will bring our friends and family. And we will bring them back often.

Room Tip: The single beds on the first floor are great for friends, even adorable matching sinks! The suites upstairs are very spacious and would be great for a family. They come with a giant double soaker tub.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Morgan T

Wow, thank you so much for your wonderfully detailed review! I’m thrilled to hear you enjoyed every aspect of your stay with us, from the cuisine to our spa. I will be sure to pass on your kind comments to Ian Shulman, our Sales & Marketing Coordinator. The ghost tours are such a great way to learn about the history of some of Ontario’s oldest buildings. I look forward to welcoming you back to Shaw Club Hotel & Spa with your friends and family!

Reviewed 27 April 2014

Any hotel that goes to the trouble to install electrically powered window blinds operated by a switch at your bedside understands little things matter. Our room was beautifully appointed with paintings and sculptures, throws and bathrobes. Behind full-length glass doors, was a shower with overhead (rainfall) and handheld fixtures. The room lighting -- also operated from the bedside or wall switches -- could be adjusted to almost any level.

As wonderful as the room was -- and believe me, my fiancé and I wanted to stay -- the staff was more than equally attentive to every request we made. To demonstrate this, I expressed interest in the soap tray in the bathroom -- the staff member at the front desk, asked for my email address and promised to send me information on where I could buy it -- and if that did not pan out -- she promised she would offer to sell (and send) one to me.

Details matter. Our stay was my birthday present to my fiancé. I slipped this information to Ryan, who took our reservation. Wouldn't you know it, she was greeted with birthday wishes from the moment of our arrival -- not once but many times. And the good folks at the Shaw Club made sure she had a birthday treat waiting for her, in our room. Thank you Shaw Club. Great job. Kudos to all! Darrel Dickson

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Mr. Dickson, Thank you so much for taking the time to write your comments and share them on trip advisor. Every day, we strive to pay close attention to the small details that we feel make a difference in ensuring your experience with us memorable, I’m thrilled to hear we accomplished this for you. Thank you so much for choosing Shaw Club Hotel & Spa to celebrate your fiancé's birthday, we look forward to celebrating many more occasions with you in the future!

Reviewed 26 April 2014

My wife and I went for two days in April. Rooms were beautiful. It has a cozy lounge with fireplace for morning coffee while my wife slept inn. We also went to the Shaw Festival Theatre which us just across the street. .
We had a gourmet dinner and great breakfasts also.

5 star

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank karaokecowboy

It is a joy to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us. Having the Shaw Festival Theatre across the street from us is one of the best amenities we have! They have so many wonderful performances this season. Thank you for taking the time to write us a review, I look forward to welcoming you back soon!