“Great hotel!”
Review of Shaw Club Hotel

Shaw Club Hotel
Reviewed 29 May 2014

My husband and I stayed here for our one year anniversary, and it was an amazing experience. The service here is so personalized. We had notes in our room specifically written for us to wish us a happy anniversary, and this was a really nice touch. During our stay, the power went out in the whole village so we couldn't have our anniversary dinner at the restaurant where we had reserved. The concierge was SO helpful during this time. She called every restaurant in the area, trying her hardest to get us a nice dinner.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Lisa M, Guest Relations Manager at Shaw Club Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us a review! The power outage definitely shook things up in town however we appreciate your understanding, when life gives you lemons, you made lemonade- right? We look forward to welcoming you back to Shaw Club Hotel & Spa very soon!

There are newer reviews for Shaw Club Hotel

Reviewed 29 May 2014

The location is great - we could walk to the shops & theatres - accommodations, staff & food were all wonderful. They even provide a shuttle to various restaurants which are a little further from the main area - a nice touch if you want to have some wine with dinner! It's my favorite place to stay in Niagara-on-the Lake.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

I’m thrilled to hear you enjoyed every aspect of your stay with us! Our shuttle service is a favourite amoungst our guests, since you’re in wine country you have to indulge! Thank you so much for taking the time to let the world know about your experience with us. I look forward to saying hello during your next visit to beautiful Niagara-on-the-Lake!

Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at the Shaw Club Hotel for our weekend getaway. It was a wonderful stay. The concierge was very informative about the local wineries that you could visit and gave us great advice. Because of this, we had an incredible visit. It is located a couple of blocks from the 'downtown' area on the Main Street, but right next to the theater. The bed was comfortable and the room was nice and clean. I would stay in this hotel again.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

It is a joy to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us. Having the Shaw Festival Theatre across the street from us is one of the best amenities we have! They have so many wonderful performances this season. Thank you for taking the time to write us a review, I look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 26 May 2014

My husband booked a surprise stay at the Shaw Club for Valentine's day. The room was very cozy and we liked updated bathroom with large shower. Great location to use as a base in Niagara-On-The-Lake.

The hotel breakfast is served at Zee's and the food is amazing. Definitely worth adding breakfast to your stay. We also ate dinner here as its our favorite restaurant in the area. Part of the charm of booking this hotel is the ability to have a leisurely dinner with local wine without leaving the hotel!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for choosing Shaw Club for your Valentine’s getaway! Zees is an absolute must when visiting Niagara-on-the-Lake, the cuisine is fabulous! I’m so happy to hear you enjoyed your dining experiences with us. I look forward to welcoming you back to Shaw Club Hotel & Spa soon!

Reviewed 21 May 2014

Everything about this place is so good I could not fault it. The food in Zee's was second to none. The hotel is so clean and comfortable and geared up to spoil you. I can't rate it high enough!
We visited the spa - the staff are so attentive. I loved the fish in the room, we even gave him a name. Free DVD's - coffee - tea -hot chocolate all available in the lounge.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

I am thrilled that you had such a memorable stay and took notice of all the little details that made your stay that much more enjoyable! The hotel is designed to feel more like a private club than a hotel. I will be sure to pass on your kind comments to our Shaw Spa team. I look forward to saying hello during your next visit to beautiful Niagara-on-the-Lake!

Reviewed 16 May 2014

My husband and I booked this hotel to celebrate our anniversary but ended up bringing our 3-year-old son at the last minute. The staff couldn't have been nicer to him (and us)! When we said it had recently been his birthday they made sure he had a lovely little card with fish on it, a cake and "Babs" the fish was waiting in the room to greet us. They also left a card for us and a bottle of wine for our anniversary. The room was spotless and the shower was to die for! I have advised my husband that he is to build one in our home. Breakfast was delicious and so relaxing on the verandah. Having stayed at several NOTL hotels, I can honestly say this hotel is #1. We will not stay anywhere else from now on. Thanks for a wonderful stay!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Lisa M, Guest Relations Manager at Shaw Club Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2014

It was a pleasure recognizing your little one’s birthday. I’m thrilled to hear Babs behaved herself and was a good companion during your stay with us! The rain shower is a favourite of our guests, I’m thrilled you enjoyed this feature. Thank you so much for your kind words, I look forward to saying hello during your next visit to beautiful Niagara-on-the-Lake!

Reviewed 15 May 2014

We had the pleasure of staying at the Shaw Club at Niagara-On-The-Lake from 5/13 to 5/14/2014. Our room was beautiful and the staff could not have been more helpful.

We were given a complementary bottle of wine in celebration of our 50th Wedding Anniversary. When our son make these arrangements, he had mentioned that we would be celebrating our 50th wedding anniversary and it was so very thoughtful that we were remembered with this lovely gift of wine.

Everyone went out of their way to be sure we were comfortable, had everything we needed and that our stay was flawless.

An excellent place to enjoy a couple of days away from the everyday grind. The Shaw Festival is a reason to visit this area but the Shaw Club will be our reason for going back for another visit.
Mary and Frank Jung

Room Tip: We were on the first floor and the only "noise" we heard was the thunder and then rain at...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Lisa M, Public Relations Manager at Shaw Club Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2014

Mr. & Mrs. Jung, Thank you so much for taking the time to write us a review! I am so happy to hear that your 50th Wedding Anniversary celebration was a success! We are very fortunate to have top notch staff that are passionate and genuinely care for our guests. I will be sure to pass your compliments on to our guest services team. I look forward to welcoming you back to Shaw Club Hotel & Spa on your next visit to beautiful Niagara-on-the-Lake.