“Worth the money”
Review of Shaw Club Hotel

Shaw Club Hotel
Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

The hotel staff inviting and helpful. Good first impression upon entering the hotel. The guest lounge was small but had the essentials to ensure the guests were comfortable (coffee machine, computer with a printer set up, free dvd's for guests to use). The only downside to my stay was the fact that my standard room was outdated and the bathroom let out a musky odour. The room was clean but my friend and I couldnt get over the moist smell in the room. We told a hotel staff as we were checking out and was advised that some of the rooms have not been upgraded. We were told that the next time we return and required two separate beds, we could request for a room with a king size bed and the bed could be divided into two single beds.

Overall, it was a great hotel; a one stop shop for girlfriends looking to have a quiet getaway...comfortable room, great restaurant and a spa all unser one roof.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Lisa M, Guest Relations Manager at Shaw Club Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us a review, we truly appreciate it! I’m thrilled to hear you enjoyed the amenities we offer here at Shaw Club Hotel & Spa. We do have two standard rooms where the bathroom has not been updated yet however they are priced accordingly. We will absolutely look into the musky odour however, as that is unacceptable. I would absolutely recommend booking one of our rooms that have a king size bed that splits into two single beds for next time. I look forward to saying hello during your next visit!

Reviewed 2 June 2014

I purchased an overnight package as part of a Valentine's Day radio promotion as a gift for my husband. We didn't go until May and even tho we were there on a "deal" we were treated like special guests by all of the staff. The room was first class and comfortable. Next time we will have to go when the weather is colder so we can use the fireplace in the room - so cozy. The hotel location is convenient to everything. We ate all of our meals in the hotel restaurant (Zee's)- as the food was outstanding - I would go back just for the pressed watermelon & strawberry salad. We will definitely be going back.

Room Tip: We were on the street side yet it was very quiet. There probably is not a less desirable room in the...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your experience on tripadvisor. Here at Shaw Club we don’t care how you made your reservation, if you are staying with us you’re family! I’m so happy to hear you enjoyed your dining experiences at Zees Grill, I will be sure to pass on your kind comments to our Chef, Jason Dobbie. I look forward to welcoming you back to Shaw Club Hotel & Spa soon!

Reviewed 2 June 2014

These days, there are a lot of hotels and resorts trying to mask their inefficiency and incompetency with over promise and under deliver services. Well this is not the case at the Shaw Club! What you see is exactly what you get: Professional and friendly staffs and spotless rooms! To top everything off, the hotel is directly across the street from the Shaw Festival (I mean literally!).

The Shaw Club is a well packaged hotel. This started when I made the reservation with Kylie. She worked her key board magic to identify the lowest rate available to me. The Check-In was flawless; and to top things off, there was a welcome drink ready to be poured…and I did ask for a top up which was pour with a biggest and most welcoming smile.
We enjoyed our stay so much that we made another reservation on the spot for the next Shaw Festival event.

Lisa McDonald (Guest Services Manager) needs to be singled out for being a great Shaw Club ambassador! She greeted me with her up beat personality during the check in, and continued working with me to finalize the reservation for the return visit. Lastly, when Lisa promises to touch base with you in 24 hours with a win-win solution, she delivers!
My party and I are looking forward to returning to Shaw Club very soon! Thank you Lisa and the entire Shaw Club Team!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Victor L254

I can’t thank you enough for taking the time to tell the world about your experience here at Shaw Club! Kylie is one of our shining stars, I’m thrilled to hear she was able to assist you during your reservation process. The best part about my job is meeting all the wonderful people that visit us, it was an absolute pleasure meeting you and making the arrangements for your upcoming stay with us! Thank you so much for your kind words and I look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 2 June 2014

We just got back from a two night stay to celebrate my husband's birthday and could not have chosen a better place to stay on NOTL. It was our first visit to the area and the Shaw Club made it even more special. Perfect location, wonderful staff, beautiful property, spotless rooms and a fantastic restaurant. What more could you ask for. We loved the fact it was a small property allowing for more personalized service. We stayed in a King Delux with a balacony on the first level facing the street which was perfect.
As a surprise to us, when we entered our room, the music was playing softly, the lights on, the bed turned down and a cake in a jar was waiting for my husband to celebrate his birthday ! We even had stationary with our name on it! These are the small things that make a 5 star property without the price and attitude! Thank you Shaw Club for making our stay memorable! We will be back!

Room Tip: Room 116 is a corner room on the lower level with a patio and two chairs....a perfect location!
1  Thank Saint

Thank you so much for choosing Shaw Club to celebrate your husband’s birthday! I am thrilled to hear that you appreciated and took notice of the total experience we offer from the birthday cake in a jar to the ambience when you arrive with soft music playing and the personalized stationary that are in your room for arrival. We look forward to celebrating many more occasions with you in the future!

Reviewed 29 May 2014

My husband and I stayed here for our one year anniversary, and it was an amazing experience. The service here is so personalized. We had notes in our room specifically written for us to wish us a happy anniversary, and this was a really nice touch. During our stay, the power went out in the whole village so we couldn't have our anniversary dinner at the restaurant where we had reserved. The concierge was SO helpful during this time. She called every restaurant in the area, trying her hardest to get us a nice dinner.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Lisa M, Guest Relations Manager at Shaw Club Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us a review! The power outage definitely shook things up in town however we appreciate your understanding, when life gives you lemons, you made lemonade- right? We look forward to welcoming you back to Shaw Club Hotel & Spa very soon!

Reviewed 29 May 2014

The location is great - we could walk to the shops & theatres - accommodations, staff & food were all wonderful. They even provide a shuttle to various restaurants which are a little further from the main area - a nice touch if you want to have some wine with dinner! It's my favorite place to stay in Niagara-on-the Lake.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

I’m thrilled to hear you enjoyed every aspect of your stay with us! Our shuttle service is a favourite amoungst our guests, since you’re in wine country you have to indulge! Thank you so much for taking the time to let the world know about your experience with us. I look forward to saying hello during your next visit to beautiful Niagara-on-the-Lake!

Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at the Shaw Club Hotel for our weekend getaway. It was a wonderful stay. The concierge was very informative about the local wineries that you could visit and gave us great advice. Because of this, we had an incredible visit. It is located a couple of blocks from the 'downtown' area on the Main Street, but right next to the theater. The bed was comfortable and the room was nice and clean. I would stay in this hotel again.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

It is a joy to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us. Having the Shaw Festival Theatre across the street from us is one of the best amenities we have! They have so many wonderful performances this season. Thank you for taking the time to write us a review, I look forward to welcoming you back soon!