“Chique Hotel With All Mod Cons”
Review of Shaw Club Hotel

Shaw Club Hotel
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Myself and my husband stayed at this hotel for 3 nights in June and had a lovely time. The room was quite small, with a small wardrobe, but furnished with everything you might need, including a chaise long. The bed and pillows were extremely comfortable and the sheets were soft. There was an automatic black out blind at the window to ensure that you had a sound sleep. The bathroom was very modern and the shower powerful and spacious.

The hotel has free wifi at reception and in the rooms.

There is a resident's lounge downstairs will tea / coffee making facilities and use of a computer. You can hire a DVD to watch in your room.

The hotel is in a great location for the shops and restaurants and is in the immediate vicinity of The Shaw Theatre and Fort George.

We paid 15 CD for the breakfast in the Grill (Zee's) downstairs which was worth the money. Really nicely presented and tasty food.

Very nice stay.

1  Thank Liz12Glasgow
Lisa M, Guest Relations Manager at Shaw Club Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2014

I’m thrilled to hear you enjoyed every aspect of your stay with us from the automatic blinds to the 300 count Egyptian cotton linens! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience. Zees Grill is always a must when visiting beautiful Niagara-on-the-Lake, I will be sure to pass on your kind comments to the food and beverage team. I look forward to welcoming you back to Shaw Club Hotel & Spa soon!

Reviewed 23 June 2014

The Shaw Club was a quaint and comfortable stay in the central area of beautiful Niagara-on-the-Lake. Being my first time to Niagara-on-the-Lake, I did not know what to expect in terms of hotels & quality. I definitely had a higher expectation of the rooms based on the reviews and the rates, but they ended up being pretty average with a somewhat dated feel and not much lighting. However, since we didn’t spend much time in the room, this was not an issue. The beds were very comfortable and the staff was very helpful and friendly. We rented bikes for one of the days and unfortunately had a mishap with one the bike chains which we were unable to repair ourselves. I phoned the hotel and they quickly had Zoom Bike Rentals bring a new one over, the next day they also credited the rental fee, which we definitely didn’t expect but displayed their level of excellent service. The restaurant at the hotel was very good - we ate Zee’s for quite a few meals, 2 breakfasts’, a lunch & a dinner and the food was absolutely delicious. Unfortunately I cannot say the same for the service, it was pretty terrible with the exception of one we had for the dinner – Kyle. Each morning at breakfast we would wait at least 20 minutes before being greeted by anyone and when we were served we found the servers to be very forgetful and apathetic of the restaurant guests. That being said, the food was excellent and we were always able to get a table. I would definitely recommend the Shaw Club to older couples traveling without kids. We stayed for our weekend getaway with another couple, all under 30 and we would definitely consider staying here for a second visit. I just hope they are able to work out the staffing/service kinks at Zee’s by then!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us a review, we truly appreciate it! I’m so sorry for hear that the room wasn’t what you , we have two standard rooms that do not have upgraded washrooms however all of our rooms are equipped with king size feather top bed, 300 count Egyptian cotton linens, down pillows and duvet. The bathrooms have an oversized multi-head shower with a rain head and glass vanities with stainless steel sinks. We are very lucky to have such a great guest services team, I’m glad they were able to assist you with your bike rental. Thank you for your comments about Zees, I will be sure to pass them on to the entire food and beverage team. I’m so happy you enjoyed your stay overall, please do not hesitate to contact me directly for any future visits to beautiful Niagara-on-the-Lake!

Reviewed 22 June 2014

My partner and I come Niagara-on-the-lake two or three times in the summer to see the full season at Shaw. We have stayed a number of places in town but this is the best so far. The rooms were comfortable and handsomely furnished, the shower is huge and everything worked well. The beds were great and the linens crisp. The staff were very attentive and friendly. One of the reasons we decided to stay here this year was for the restaurant. The food at Zees is excellent and the breakfast is great value with a number of food choices. The verandah setting for the restaurant is quite charming and really has the feel of a small town inn. If you are planning to say here, book the restaurant early as it does fill up especially for the early sitting.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a walkout or balcony facing the street. It's a more interesting view than fa...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Shaw Club on Tripadvisor. Zees is always a must when visiting Niagara-on-the-Lake, as you said- the verandah is the absolute perfect setting to enjoy exquisite cuisine create by our Chef, Jason Dobbie. It is a joy to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us, I look forward to welcoming you back to Shaw Club Hotel & Spa soon!

Reviewed 17 June 2014

The Shaw Club is in a great central location, walking distance to shopping, restaurants and many other amenities. Our room was small and dark and the bathroom was old and smelled like mildew. I don't know if all the rooms are outdated, I would go back, but would request another room. The service was good and breakfast at Zee's grill was good.

2  Thank nictuc

Thank you for your comments. I’m so sorry to hear the room did not meet your expectations. We would have welcomed the opportunity to move you to a different room. I’m thrilled to hear you would choose to stay with us again if you are visiting beautiful Niagara-on-the-Lake. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly to take care of all your arrangements so I can ensure you will enjoy the experience we have become known for.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

We went to Niagara On The Lake for a wedding.We had been given a gift certificate for the Shaw Club hotel. We also added an extra night as it was on the weekend. What a beautiful hotel. Nicley done rooms with a wonderful common room with great coffee and any movie you would like to watch.Beds were very comfortable with high thread count sheets and fantasic pillows.
The staff were more than accomodating and extremely friendly. Our night's stay included a free breakfast from the attached restaurant (Zee's) which was also fantastic. Lots of parking and close to everything. Good job to all!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to reflect on your stay! I’m delighted to hear you enjoyed all the amenities we have to offer, from our 300 count Egyptian Cotton linens to the phenomenal cuisine at Zees Grill. Chef Jason Dobbie has created an amazing menu with local ingredients that create such a wonderful local experience. I look forward to saying hello during your next visit!

Reviewed 16 June 2014

My son and daughter-in-law gave us a gift card for an overnight stay including 2 dinners and 2 breakfasts. The front desk attendant gave us an overall tour of the room explaining how everything worked and where things were. Very helpful. The room itself was just lovely. We decided to pick out a movie from the front lobby to view in the room that evening. The dinners were fabulous and the breakfast was amazing. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone who is planning on staying in Niagara-on-the-Lake overnight. I even bought a duvet from the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Lisa M, Guest Relations Manager at Shaw Club Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

I’m thrilled to hear you enjoyed every aspect of your stay with us! Thank you for taking notice of the little details we offer, from your room tour to the dvd library. I will pass on your kind comments to our food and beverage team, they will be elated to hear that both your breakfast and dinners were fabulous! I look forward to welcoming you back to Shaw Club soon!

Reviewed 15 June 2014

Third visit. Room 209 is smaller than 202 but adequate and quiet. Limited storage space.

Current arrangement for $12 breakfast at Zee's is improvement over the past. It includes about half a dozen choices.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for continuing to choose Shaw Club Hotel & Spa for your visits to beautiful Niagara-on-the-Lake. I’m so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, our breakfast has become a favourite for our guests! Please do not hesitate to contact me directly for any future visits, I would be happy to take care of any and all arrangements. I look forward to welcoming you back soon!