“A small but great hotel with all the amenities one could wish for.”
Review of Shaw Club Hotel

Shaw Club Hotel
Ottawa, Canada
“A small but great hotel with all the amenities one could wish for.”
Reviewed 13 October 2009

We spent four nights at the Shaw Club whule attending the Festival. The room was modern, spotless, quiet and comfortable; the service impeccable; the location ideal.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (215)
toronto
Reviewed 11 October 2009

My husband and I stayed at the Shaw Club Inn as a birthday present from my sister and brother in law. As soon as we arrived - the customer service was wonderful! The Shaw Club Inn is beautiful and the room was fantastic. We had dinner and breakfast at Zee's and the food was delicious and our server Joe was charming and attentive.

What a wonderful present! My husband and I will be returning in February to take advantage of the many specials that they offer.

I would recommend the Shaw Club Inn to all.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 23 September 2009

The Shaw Spa treatments that my husband and I experienced were fantastic! We both had a 85 min pedicure, which was done by two very experienced estheticians. The massage chairs were comfortable and relaxing. The atmosphere was fairly quiet and the products used were good. I left with soft, pretty toes and feet and a feeling of total relaxation!

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
North York
Reviewed 4 September 2009

First time staying here. We went to see a Shaw show across the street. So convenient. It felt like luxury on a small and personal scale. Light jazz music was playing when we got to our room. Stunning bathroom. Clean and modern atmosphere. They paid attention to details. Candles lit in the lobby in the evening. Convenient movie rental in the lobby. Great little lounge in lobby. I can't wait to go again and visit the Spa. The Restaurant downstairs, Zee's, serves great breafast! I love luxury and detail - I got both with great personal service.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Ro-northyork
Newmarket
Reviewed 27 August 2009

From the moment we walked through the door we were impressed. The room was great, from the kingsize bed to the bright modern bathroom (loved the tv in the mirror). The note with the little treats....all the little touches that make you feel so welcome. The food at Zee's was delicious. The staff were all very friendly. The getaway was just what we needed to end the summer.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank dmills3536
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 21 August 2009

The price is a little steep for 830.00 for the whole night,yet this relaxing one of a kind getaway includes four spa treatments, 3 course dinner and breakfast. Do not try and save by booking a smaller room, you will regret it if you want to be pampered. I was in room 305 and enjoyed the jacuzzi bath and the shower along with the large mirrors, however the were placed in the wrong location. The smallest you should go room wise is the King Annex which is small compared to other hotels. The rooms are lovely inside and enjoyed the traditional victorian decor of the King Annex.

Being used to the Toronto Soho, I saw the difference and felt The shaw was not as fancy. The Soho had heated marble floors and marble backsplash on the walls. The minibar was not stocked and inconvenient to have to go out of the room to get soft drinks or treats.
Good thing I asked for truffles which was $8.00 for four expensive.

Turn down from 6:30to8pm: Was wonderful! Staff very friendly and enjoyed talking to them. I did not get the complimentary bottled water that was promised and the ice in the ice bucket had melted and was not refilled.

Customer Service: Fantastic! I had booked for two but my sister could not make it. So they brought the meals to my room for free and a complimentary bottle of red wine in place of the other dinner. I had problems with the DVD player and staff was helpful, most hotels do not even have DVD players, another plus.

Helpful Tips: To get the DVD working press input on the silver grey remote
Room Service:

Perks of 305: You will have your own fireplace which would be nice in the winter months and good size dresser.

The Ugly: The view of the outside building facing the parking lot. Since the annex rooms are in a different building it looked really bad on the outside then going up the stairs. I felt like I was in a motel rather then a five star hotel. Once I got in my room I let a huge sigh of relief glad to have paid the extra. The Inn is small and slightly overprice but that is to be expected because of the location. The annex building should have cheaper in rates.

Spa: Message was wonderful and so was the manicure but felt I should have done something else since I could have given myself a manicure.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled solo
2 Thank Scarlett26ca
Connecticut
Reviewed 7 August 2009

A beautifully appointed hotel & spa with excellent service & rooms. The dining in the Zee Restaurant was wonderful. They have a great chef and the wait staff is courteous and efficient. Acroos from the Shaw Festival Theater. What could be better! We would definitely return.

M.L. Fenick