“Last minute getaway”

John's Gate Gourmet Bed and Breakfast
Erie, Pennsylvania
“Last minute getaway”
Reviewed 2 December 2013

Stayed at John's Gate Gourmet Bed & Breakfast Saturday 11/30/13. Very Clean, spacious, extremely helpful with wine tasting & restaurant info & coupons. The name gourmet was very appropriate when it came to the 3-coarse amazing breakfast. Will stay there again, hope to enjoy a bottle of wine & some cheese wasting away some time on the wonderful covered wrap around porch.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Meheroo, Owner at John's Gate Gourmet Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 24 January 2014
We were happy to host you. Thank you for taking the time to write a review and thank you for selecting our B&B to stay in.

We look forward to your future visit and share our wrap-around porch with us.

Many thanks.

Meheroo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Windsor, Canada
Reviewed 27 November 2013

This was our first experience at a bed and breakfast and it will most certainly not be our last. The hostess has thought of everything. Our room was very comfortable and spotless. Breakfast each morning was a gourmet treat. We enjoyed relaxing by the fireplace each evening before turning in. The hostess was kind enough to book a wine tour for us as well. We were very impressed by the details. We highly recommend staying at John's Gate. We will definitely return.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Meheroo, Owner at John's Gate Gourmet Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 30 November 2013
Hello: It is our pleasure to have had the opportunity to host you and give you a memorable 'mini holiday". Thank you for your kind words of appreciation.

Look forward to being able to host you again sometime. Have a terrific 2014.
Mississauga
Reviewed 10 November 2013

I recently spent 3 nights at the John's Gate Bed and Breakfast and I can say it was very enjoyable.
This would be my repeat stay at this home and I can say this Bed and Breakfast still exceed my expectations.
The breakfast was on time and very tasty as well as the endless supply of coffee . This was in celebration of my 70th birthday and I wanted peace and quiet . I will recommend this place at any time. The beds were comfortable, the breakfast was good and the conversation at breakfast time was enjoyable. I will return to this Bed and Breakfast anytime and I will highly recommend it

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family

Catterick, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 November 2013

Stayed for four nights. No restrictions able to come and go as we pleased. Slept in Queen Elizabeth 2, spotlessly clean, very comforable, fully serviced every day, bathroom equipped with all necessary toiletries. Our hostess was most welcoming and helpful without being intrusive. The breakfasts have to be experienced to fully appreciated.
High quality hotel standards at Bed & Breakfast prices. Thank you Meheroo.
Good memories to take back to England, Nick & Ann

Room Tip: We were very happy with Queen Elizabeth 2.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 5 November 2013

I was welcomed on arrival and this feeling lasted my whole stay. Everything mentioned on the website as being 'free' - was truly free and offered without my having to ask for it. The bed was really comfortable and the breakfasts - exceptional - really gourmet. Coffee was always available and ready when I came down in the morning. Coffee was available anytime of the day.

This was not my first visit and will not be my last. I must book soon for 2014 to make sure I get a room.

The comfortable living room was available for my friends to visit me while I was in Niagara. The hostess made them feel welcome also.

Thank you Mehru for a nice holiday.

Room Tip: I found the bar-fridge in the rooms very useful.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo

Storrs, Connecticut, United States
Reviewed 5 November 2013

My husband and I have been to St.John's Gate three or four times. It is a wonderful place; neat and clean, charming and beautifully decorated. The hostess is lovely, helpful and a great cook. I would highly recommend this place. It is close to the town and restaurants. We would go back to St. John's Gate in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: There are three rooms. I believe each room would accomadate two people but there is one room that i...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple

Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed 4 November 2013

We had a very relaxing and enjoyable stay at John's Gate B and B this past weekend with great friends while enjoying Taste of the Season in Niagara on the Lake. Meheroo, our host, was very welcoming, informative and attentive throughout our stay. We enjoyed relaxing in the spacious living room before going out for dinner. There was plenty of room in the living room for all of us as well as a fireplace and TV, which is not always the case in B and Bs. Our Queen sized room was neat, clean and equipped with a small bar fridge, TV, extra blankets, bed linens that were ironed with care, and chocolates on our bedside tables. The adjacent 3 piece bathroom was also very clean and well equipped with shower toiletries and towels. Meheroo inquired about our food preferences upon arrival and created a unique 3 course gourmet menu for breakfast for us the next morning. We started with maple macaroon pears, then proceeded to have creamed eggs with smoked salmon, portobello mushrooms and champagne, and finished with homemade banana bread topped with pecans and whipped cream. Delicious! It is apparent that Meheroo's attention to detail has created a delightful B and B experience for her guests. Great value too. We will return!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple