“Wonderful get-a-way”

124 on Queen Hotel and Spa
Reviewed 29 July 2014

We stayed at 124 on Queen based on reviews in TripAdvisor, and I'm happy to report those reviews were accurate. The staff at check-in were very professional and helpful. Our room was very tastefully decorated and very clean, great bed, comfy bathrobes. The room was also very quiet and dark for sleeping. Great location in the centre of town from which to explore the town by foot.

Complimentary wi-fi is a nice amenity, and you don't feel like you're being charged for something every time you need it. The hotel is not cheap, but fairly valued for the quality of the room and amenities.

Two restaurant outlets on-site were also a welcome amenity. We had cocktails with cheese platter at the Wine Bar on site - a nice spot to relax after catching an afternoon matinee show at one of the Shaw Festival theatres. And dinner at Treadwells was delicious. Nice that both outlets were in the hotel so we didn't have to walk in the rain or drive to them.

1  Thank Craig-in-TO
124onQueen, General Manager at 124 on Queen Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2014

Hi "Craig-in-TO", thank you for sharing your recent experience with us! I am pleased to hear you had a great stay, and you were able to take advantage of the amenities on site. Look forward to seeing you again.

There are newer reviews for 124 on Queen Hotel and Spa

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Stayed 2 nights at this unique little hotel in the middle of old-town NIagara-on-the-Lake. The hotel itself is spread among multiple smaller buildings giving it a certain one-of-a-kind feel. My wife and I stayed in one of the Courtyard Deluxe rooms, which was a little smaller that what I'm used to in a hotel room, but the room was clean and nicely appointed. The full-tile shower along with the mini-fridge were very nice features of the room. The location is great as it is an easy walk to most attractions in the center of town. I cannot comment on the spa services or the restaurant (Treadwell's) as I did not use them.

As other reviewers have stated, the entryway to the property off of Queen St is super easy to miss or be confused by. I initially pulled into the mini-mart next door, but figured it out quickly afterwards. At check-in the desk attendant was very friendly and assisted my wife with her luggage. The cleaning staff was professionally attired and friendly when we came across them. All in all I was pleased with the stay and would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
124onQueen, General Manager at 124 on Queen Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Hello "Pete S", thank you for sharing your experience on our Trip Advisor page! I am pleased to hear you had an enjoyable stay. We hope the next time you will be able to experience the Spa @ 124 and Treadwell Farm To Table Cuisine. We do have Premium rooms and Suites if you would like something more spacious to relax in.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

We stayed here in their 2 bedroom villa with our 15 month old daughter. It was...well... spectacular. The service from the front desk was impeccable: walked us to our room in the rain with an umbrella over my wife and daughter's head, got us ice for drinks, put a pack and play in the bedroom of our request and even put the TV on for me while I rushed to get our daughter down for a nap.

The rooms are so well appointed that it's hard to articulate. It's not fancy, it's not over-the-top, just well decorated and set up to function well. The kitchen is especially well equipped.

A tip: if you bring kids that are in a stroller, the ground floor villa units are excellent. We walked out the patio doors, past our beautiful patio furniture and BBQ and were on the main street browsing in seconds. It was ultra convenient.

And what is more... the units feel like they are "away from it all" even though you are "in the middle of it all." It's such a great aspect to staying here and my wife and I repeated that refrain throughout the weekend.

The hotel is next door to a supermarket. It's very easy to stock your fridge with food upon arrival and even if you don't want to cook you can have snacks on hand. Also, we rented bikes with a baby trailer and pedaled along the cycle/pedestrian only path that runs along the Niagara River and it was just fabulous - what a great day passing wineries and enjoying the peace.

As other reviews have indicated, they are #1 for a reason. They are an all around top drawer facility.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Hello "#1Vancouverite", thank you for taking the time to post this review of your recent stay. It sounds like you had a great stay in the two bedroom villa. Hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

My wife and I stayed at 124 On Queen on July 16-17, 2014 as a surprise for her 45th birthday. It was a great place to stay. Everyone was friendly and helpful. The room was awesome as was the location! They had a bottle of wine in the room for my wife's birthday and were very helpful with recommendations for dinner & other activities.

The only complaint, if you call it that, is that the office where you check in is not properly marked. There are several buildings on the property and we walked around in the rain for a few minutes trying to find the office for check-in. The room was $325 for the night but definitely worth it and we will definitely be back again!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Hi "Todd L", thank you for posting this review of your recent stay with us! And thank you for allowing us to be a part of your wife's birthday surprise. I hope you and your wife make this an annual getaway.

Cheers,

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Saturday July 12th 2014 for 2 nights. I can say without reservations that this was the best hotel experience I’ve had in recent memory. The access to the parking lot is easy to miss and it is a one way drive immediately after the Hendriks Valu-Mart. Drive slowly or you will miss it! We booked a spa and dinner package. The front office staff is ABSOLUTELY OUTSTANDING in every way. Any building can be a hotel but the staff makes the experience. Every single member of the staff was smiling, pleasant, attentive, informative and helpful. Kudos to them! My room was beautiful and looked like it was just painted. The bathroom was spacious with a cool travertine tile floor. King size bed with 2 sets of pillows with different firmnesses (I need firm and the wife is a belly sleeper). My room faced Queen Street ---- the crowded, busy, bustling ‘main drag’ of the town --- but the room it was pin-drop quiet. The spa treatment was outstanding for the both of us. Be aware that tip is INCLUDED with the repurchased package. Dinner at Treadwells was outstanding and I’ll review them in detail separately. I can honestly say that I will never stay anywhere else but here when I return.

Room Tip: Call the hotel directly and ask for a room that faces Queen Street. Avoid rooms that face the resta...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you "TheOldDude" for taking the time to post this review! I am pleased to hear you had a great weekend with us. I will be sure to pass your comments on to the rest of the team. We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

This was our first time at Niagara on the Lake and wanted someplace that was in a central location. I can't say enough about 124 Queen Street. It is brand new and perfect. It is spotless, decorated gorgeous and the staff is amazing. The girls at the front desk went out of their way to help us feel comfortable as we got there before our room was ready. The showed us to the rooftop lounge and let us get comfortable there. As soon as our room was ready they came right up to tell us. The size of the room was wonderful. The bathroom is so spacious and spotless. The housekeeping was equally outstanding as they called to ensure that they could clean the room so they were not getting in our way.
We needed ice and they brought it up right away. After we left Niagara on the Lake we went to Marriott in Niagara Falls ( Canada Side) and they nickeled and dimed us for everything. 124 Queen was total opposite. WI - fi was included. Bottled water was always available, free parking( unlike the Marriott that charged us for all that I just mentioned). The location was perfect as you could walk to everything. The restaurant- Treadwell was OUTSTANDING- the best meal. My husband and I were celebrating our anniversary and they surprised us with complementary glasses of champagne.
Everything fresh and cooked to perfection. There is not one thing that is wrong with this hotel. We will definitely be back and will by pass Niagara Falls and just stay at the lake. A must for everyone!!!

Room Tip: We stayed in room 401 and it was wonderful!!!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
124onQueen, General Manager at 124 on Queen Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2014

Hi "0118Jean" thank you for your wonderful review! We enjoyed having you and are happy to hear you were able to take advantage of so many amenities. We hope you'll make your anniversary an annual visit to Niagara on the Lake.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Have stayed at this hotel on a couple of occasions. Both times the service was impeccable. The concierge was helpful when recommending attractions and restaurants, and emailed us two weeks in advance to confirm whether or not we would need reservations for dinner or a show. The hotel is situated right on the main street in Niagara on the Lake and is walking distance to all of the Shaw Festival theatres and all of the NOTL restaurants (go to Treadwell - it's the best one in the area). The hotel was spotless and quiet - no problems with noise as the rooms are dispersed over a couple of buildings. Try to book a suite facing Queen street (the main street). Staff and services at the spa were also top notch. Can't wait to visit again!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
124onQueen, General Manager at 124 on Queen Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Hi "Alex_765123", thank you for allowing us to be your home away from home when you are in town. I am pleased you had an enjoyable stay yet again, and you were able to take advantage of the onsite amenities. The concierge team was more than happy to assist you with recommendations and reservations. See you again in the future.

Cheers