“Great fun, multi-generational, popular with locals”
Review of The Olde Angel Inn

The Olde Angel Inn
Price range: US$12 - US$24
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Step through the doors and back into history! The Olde Angel Inn (Circa 1789 - burned down as a result of the war of 1812 and rebuilt in 1815) is situated in the heart of the historic district. We have 5 cosy, comfortable historic rooms and we are a short stroll to the Main Street and Shaw Festival Theatre; as well as a short drive to many of the local wineries. We offer hearty British Pub fare as well as 24 selections of draught beer on tap and 17 different wines by the glass. Live entertainment is provided on Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights (Wednesday during peak season). Stop by and visit Canada's prettiest town!
Cleveland, Ohio
“Great fun, multi-generational, popular with locals”
Reviewed 29 November 2013

The real deal, nothing fancy just warm and inviting. It's as busy as a beehive, chock full of locals of all ages celebrating birthdays, anniversaries, or TGIF. Have the authentic Fish & Chips, it's excellent.

Visited October 2013

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
“Great People in an Awesome Bar”
Reviewed 22 November 2013

My wife and I stumbled into the Olde Angel Inn the first night we were in town on our anniversary trip and I'm so glad we did! The bar has lots of character - it just felt good to sit down in the place. All the bartenders were very friendly and helped us taste and select a beer we'd like. I asked for their recommendation on a shot for my wife and I and we got delicious B-52 shots (which I had never heard of).

We struck up a conversation with a local and eventually ended up hanging out with the owners and their friends! Super nice people - I apologized multiple times for intruding on their party but they insisted that we stay and hang out with them. We got pictures with them at the end of the night. If you are in Niagara On The Lake, you HAVE to stop in to check this place out! I heard the food was good too, but we only went twice for a few drinks. The people alone are worth a stop.

• Visited November 2013
TheOldeAngelInn, Front Office Manager at The Olde Angel Inn, responded to this review, 4 December 2013
Hello Matt D.

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I'm glad you had a chance to stop by The Olde Angel Inn for your anniversary. Yes, we are one big happy family here and many of the locals love to chat to out of town guests. I'm glad you had the opportunity to meet some of them. We hope to see you again in the future when you visit NOTL. Have a wonderful Holiday Season.

Regards,
Anna
Colleyville
“Great Socializing and Excellent Food”
Reviewed 20 November 2013

Classic old English inn environment. Menu has many excellent items and the service was as friendly as it gets. I strongly recommend a Sunday visit for the special roast beef plate. Beer selections top notch.

Visited November 2013
Buffalo, New York
“Amazing Vine & Dine Lunch !!! Suggested by NCT”
Reviewed 19 November 2013

Such a great time in such a great town....amazing fish and chips. Beers was delicious. Went on a wine tour with Niagara Classic (Community Transport) and had lunch at this pub.

Rochester, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The BEST Fish & Chips Ever!”
Reviewed 17 November 2013

We ate at The Angel for lunch and dinner and spent the night enjoying the live entertainment. My husband liked the Angus burger so much, he had it twice. There is a reason the Angel received the Diamond Reader's Choice Award for the best Fish & Chips in Niagara - it was the best I have ever had. Despite the very busy lunch hour, the server and the rest of the staff were attentive and totally in synch. The beer menu is extensive and I felt well-cared for and comfortable (kind of like being at a friend's house). Thank you so much loves!