“Top notch service in lovely setting.”

Harbour House Hotel
Reviewed 22 March 2014

Everything from the welcoming staff - ALL the staff, including the cleaners - to the complimentary wine and cheese daily, to the delicious breakfasts and the room were superb. We spent two nights and would have stayed longer but for other plans. We'd return anytime.

• Stayed: March 2014
There are newer reviews for Harbour House Hotel

Reviewed 22 March 2014

This was one of the loveliest stays I've had in a long time. My mother and sister and I chose the Girls' Getaway package and it was all we could hope for and more. The hotel is next to the harbour and about a 10 min walk to town centre, and there is also a very accommodating free shuttle service. What's best about it in the busy season, is that this hotel is away from the noise and crowds, and close to the picturesque harbour. Rooms, service, impeccable. Wine and crackers before dinner. The associated restaurants (Charles Inn, Zee's Grill) are fabulous. Don't hesitate to book here! We all loved it.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Larissa C, General Manager at Harbour House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed our “Just Us Gals” getaway package and appreciated our quaint and convenient location down by the Harbour and yet still close to the main attractions. I will be sure to pass your compliments on to The Charles Inn and Zees restaurant and I look forward to welcoming you back to our Harbour House on your next planned getaway to Niagara-on-the-Lake.

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed 17 March 2014

We loved this hotel. From the thoughtful extra touches, to the delicious breakfast, and lovely room ... It was a fabulous stay ! Our view of the water, the gas fireplace, the whole experience was so special.

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 17 March 2014

I have heard a lot of great things about this hotel through Trip advisor. I am so happy that I was able to experience all the wonderful comments first hand. You cannot even begin to imagine how everything was absolutely so perfect there! First off, the grounds, and the hotel itself. Small (meaning, not a huge hotel feel), quaint, and the room we stayed in was just gorgeous. Ever so clean, both our room, and the hotel itself, and so very welcoming and comfortable. You do not have to bring anything in terms of personal needs, and toiletries. Everything is covered, even Q-tips and make up remover! The bathrooms are a complete Wow factor! The staff pay attention to every detail for their guests, and even pet guests. We stayed for 2 nights in the middle of the most recent March snowstorm, and it was just so great to be able to rest, relax, and have everything taken care of for you. My pet dog had his own bed, treats, a toy, food and water bowls. And, although it was a pet designated room, you would not know it. It did not have the usual musty dog smell like other big chain hotels. The breakfast was really good ... And the food so fresh- scones, croissants, smoked salmon, huge fruit bowl, hard boiled eggs, real butter, yoghurt, cereal, and I can go on and on. From 4-5:30, they have an awesome wine and cheese in the sitting room, and later on at night, cookies!!!!!! As mentioned, they also have a shuttle in the evening. Lastly, I should mention that I came here with my BFFL, her daughter, and myself with my son for a March Break retreat. The kids loved it as they were totally spoiled with the food, and loved being able to just relax, read, play with the board games they had, all in another environment other than their home. And, being on holiday, we were able to spoil ourselves with the breakfast, and wonderful dinners in the area. Seriously, if you want a totally relaxing get away, come here, and you will not regret it! Thanks, Harbour House for an amazing 2 night stay! You can be sure that we will be back again!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank T S

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I am thrilled to hear that you had such a relaxing getaway. Thank you for taking notice of all that we have to offer, from the amenities available in the rooms, to the wine and cheese sampling and over 28 items available to everyone at breakfast. Although we cater mainly to couples, we are so delighted when we hear that even their children enjoyed their time at our Harbour House Hotel. I look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Niagara-on-the-Lake.

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed 15 March 2014

I recently stayed at Harbour House for the first time. I have stayed in several other hotels in Niagara on the Lake, and have always had a good experience. However, the few days I stayed here were some of my best yet! The room was immaculate and my friends and I were treated like royalty. The staff are friendly and so accommodating, and the attention to detail is first rate. The "little" touches leave a "big" impression - from the complimentary wine and cheese tasting each day, to the handwritten notes in the room upon arrival, to the treats (those peanut butter cookies live up to their reputation), to the DVD library, to the jacuzzi tub, and to the wonderful breakfast - this hotel has thought of it all. The shuttle service was also a wonderful touch. During our stay we experienced a blizzard in NOTL and it was so reassuring to be staying in a place like Harbour House, where it felt like a "home"....albeit a very fancy one! Will defintely stay there again, and highly recommend it.

Room Tip: If you travel in the winter, a nice touch is the fact that the hotel has fireplaces that actually wo...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 March 2014

Always an exceptional visit when we stay here. The size of the hotel lends itself to a very friendly and personal experience. The staff is always there to help out and share their knowledge of the area, as well as being utterly accommodating in every way. The "happy hour" local wine sampling is a nice way to get to meet the other travellers, while sitting in front of the fireplace. A very relaxing atmosphere. The rooms are immaculate, the peanut butter cookies are a delicious touch, and I can't get enough of the rubber ducky waiting for me in the bath.
I always look forward to their breakfast as it is not the standard complementary breakfast. Smoked salmon, fresh fruit, yogurt, granola...the finest touches in everything they do.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Larissa C, General Manager at Harbour House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I am glad to hear that our knowledgeable staff were able to accommodate your every request. Our wine and cheese reception offers the opportunity to meet other guests staying in our Harbour House and I am thrilled to hear that you were able to enjoy this in our relaxing sitting area. I look forward to saying hello to you on your next visit Niagara-on-the-Lake.

Warm Regards,

Harbour House Hotel

Reviewed 3 March 2014

We went to Harbour House for a weekend getaway in February. What a fantastic experience! The room was wonderful, the wine tasting and breakfast were amazing! We had a very romantic dinner at the Charles Inn and the shuttle service to and from the restaurant was very much appreciated on the cold winter night! Larissa at Harbour House was absolutely phenomenal, the level of service she provided was unparalleled! There is no doubt that we will return to Harbour House!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple