“So welcoming”

Reviewed 29 April 2014

We had a wonderful overnight stay here. All the staff were so welcoming and helpful, nothing was too much trouble. Love how they will call to make dinner reservations for you and arrange their shuttle to drop you off and pick you up. The wine and cheese gathering they hold at 4 pm each day is a great way to meet other guests or just to relax by yourself and enjoy the lounge area in the hotel. The room was great and the bed and bedding wonderfully luxurious. We have visited before and will visit again. Perfect place to stay while in NOL.

There are newer reviews for Harbour House Hotel

Reviewed 29 April 2014

We booked a two night stay, with friends who were celebrating their 40th Wedding Anniversary. They gave the Harbour House a 10. Said it's the best place they've stayed. They couldn't stop raving about the breakfast. (my husband and I have had the breakfast before, we never had the pleasure of staying at the Harbour House, just at the Shaw Club).

The welcome note we received with our cookies was a great touch. The wine and cheese at 4pm each afternoon, awesome! (I'm sorry I didn't get the older gentleman's name that was always there to pour my wine and call me young lady.) I also liked the little book on the table where everyone could write a little note. So many people, from so many places.

I can't say enough about the entire staff there. From Cait (I hope I spelled it right) who checked us in and showed us how to use everything in our room, to the gentleman who brought me a shower cap. (not even 2 minutes after I called the front desk) The super-shower is crazy! (I loved it)

We will definitely be back. I can see why there are so many awards on the wall. :)

Oh, to the person that complained about how high the bed is....really? That bed, along with everything else, was just incredible.

Thank you Harbour House, for an amazing stay! :)

Room Tip: Our room was 301, over the patio, there is a road there.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Larissa C, General Manager at Harbour House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I am ecstatic to hear that you had such an amazing stay. We are very fortunate to have top notch staff that are passionate and genuinely care for our guests. I will be sure to pass your compliments on to our front desk and breakfast teams and I look forward to welcoming you back to our Harbour House on your next visit to Niagara-on-the-Lake.

Reviewed 26 April 2014

We recently spent 2 nights at Harbour House using a Travelzoo voucher. The value was great but what made the visit memorable was the inn itself! We had a lovely room, comfy bed, fireplace, and all amenities were in place. Breakfast was perfect for what we wanted. The staff is excellent and from the start made us feel at home and welcomed. The wine and cheese hour gave us opportunities to meet other guests adding to the feeling of 'home away from home'. We plan on returning again as the area holds much interest and we've just started to explore it. We highly recommend Harbour House when visiting NOTL!

Reviewed 23 April 2014

We booked an anniversary get away to NOLA. While looking at options for lodging I came across a deal thru travelzoo for a two night stay w breakfast daily. I was nervous as to what kind of room we would get with this deal but decided to chance it. When I booked the reservation I made sure to tell them it was our anniversary.
We arrived on sunday at 3:30 pm I had requested a quiet room - as I am a lite sleeper. We were given room 204. We get off the elevator and our room is right across from said elevator. I was very nervous about that - but once in the room we did not hear the elevator.(we did hear the entry door slam on more than one occasion) The room looks nice and comfortable. Big comfy bed and fireplace and big tub - all important for a romantic stay. A happy anniversary note and two maple leaf cookies and two truffles were on the desk.
There is a nice closet and inside there were two robes and a safe. Plenty of hangers and there is an armoire w tv inside.
My husband had a reisling durning the wine time- we saw no cheese on our visit - we also saw none of the fresh cookies that others have mentioned. He said the wine was decent but needed a chill.
They have a movie library that operates like a video store- you pick the case and give to desk and they give them back w movies inside. Nice choices but we tried 3 movies (only 1 worked) they were all scratched up and skipped terrible. we told the desk this when we brought them back down the next day.
So as I said earlier the room "looked" nice but when we showered the shower door didn't shut/seal all the way and made a big flood on the floor.(also missing grout on bathtub) When we tried to shut the wooden shutters and found that they were broken and you had to do the slats seperately- as they were not all attached to the main piece - so a pain to shut.
There is on site parking - some under building and some outside. we did not have an issue while we were there - but can't imagine if the place was full.
The bed was very nice and we slept good. I did hear some street noise and wouldn't want that room in the summer when the marina is busy (would be much more traffic) and more noise.There is a thermostat in the room-but ours did NOTHING- the room was so hot - after messing with it with no results, we opened a window.(which was fine til 4:30 am when the birds started singing very loud.)
The best part of our stay was the breakfast- a very nice little spread to get you started on the right foot. The first morning was a bit of everything- bagels, breads, jams and butter and cream cheese, penut butter etc. There were cereals and some lox. The hot dish was a ham and cheese hot egg dish. They have servers that will get your coffee and juice and take your dishes. The second day the hot dish(some rubarb french toast w almonds) had nuts in it. I have an allergy and the server offered to have the kitchen make me some eggs-I am glad I did as my husband took two bites and said it was gross. He just had other things and was fine with that. We only saw one child while we were there- it was a baby in a stroller.
When we checked out I told the young lady at the desk of our issues. she took note of the problems but offered nothing. I settled up and made my way to the elevator where I met the owner Susan- she asked about our stay - I told her some of our issues and she asked if they took anything off our bill- I said no- She said she would make an adjustment to our bill.
When we got home we had an email from one of the management team and she apologized for our issues and offered a 25% off a future stay- she also said they fixed the shower seal and the shutters.
We love this area and will probably come back, and if we do, we will take them up on there 25% off deal. So I guess better than nothing for our troubles.

Room Tip: as for a room away from ice machine.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank vegascalling

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I am sorry that I had just missed you on the day of your departure. My team had notified me of the issues that had taken place during your stay. I then contacted our Maintenance department and had them replace the shower head as well as the position of the shower head to avoid any further leaking. They also corrected the heating control and fixed the clip on the shutters. Your room reservation was paid through a Travel Zoo voucher which was purchased through them , due to this there was no way to adjust your bill because there was no bill upon departure and the room charge was covered through this voucher. I look forward to you accepting our offer to return on a special rate and also the opportunity to say hello to on your next visit to our Harbour House Hotel in Niagara-on-the-Lake.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

We just returned from another amazing night away at Harbour House. This has become our favourite hotel in Niagara on the Lake. The staff are amazing from the moment you walk in until you leave. The rooms are spotless and beds are the most comfortable I have sleep on in a hotel. The front end staff and kitchen staff go above and beyond to make your stay comfortable and you feel so welcomed. We have stayed paying the regular price and also with a Travel Zoo voucher and we have always been treated the same with excellent service. The breakfast is amazing and we will wake up early as we are so looking forward to it. Harbour House is a hotel that we recommend to friends and they in return after staying all say they have had an amazing visit.
Keep up the good work and we are looking forward to our next visit next month :)

Reviewed 21 April 2014

I purchased a voucher from Travelzoo for a one night stay at Harbour House as I had always wanted to stay here. Sometimes with discount vouchers you get less service, a lower end room --- but not here!
Harbour House hospitality is first rate and we will be going back (hopefully soon!). We were accompanied to our room after check in and shown how to operate the fireplace & jaccuzzi. Then invited to come to the lobby for wine & cheese once we were settled in. The room was lovely -- and the cookies were a great touch, along with the personalized handwritten note. We had a beautiful view of the Niagara River from our room.
The only disappointment we had, was the breakfast the next morning (which was included in the price). The choices were limited and the carrot loaf slice I had was dry/stale. A small warm buffet of eggs & bacon/sausage would have been nice.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for sharing this experience of your stay. I am thrilled to hear that you were able to find comfort in our personally designed guest room and found it to be pleasing to the eye. I will be sure to pass your compliments on to our breakfast team and I look forward to welcoming you and your pet back to our Harbour House on your next visit to Niagara-on-the-Lake.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

My wife and I stayed at HH on a weekend visit from Toronto. It couldn't have been any more perfect. From the warm cookies served on arrival to the personalized stationery in the room, the simple yet elegant details made us feel very special. The room was very comfy, staff was great and the breakfast fantastic!! Couldn't think of staying anywhere else when we return.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple