“Back Again in 2012 for the Fabulous Reds!!!”
Review of Marynissen Winery

Marynissen Winery
More attraction details
Owner description: Marynissen Estates has its roots deeply embedded in the soil of Niagara on the Lake. Located at the base of the Niagara escarpment, the vineyard is home to the oldest commercial planting of Cabernet Sauvignon in Canada.
Reviewed 16 November 2012

This was my third trip to the NOTL area, and my second trip tp Marynissen. The last time I was in the area was in 2010, and the owners of the little B&B we stayed at recommended Marynissen once they learned that I preferred a good dry red wine. I realized once I got home in 2010 that I should have bought more bottles, especially from Marynissen!! This time I came home with a case from just them! It's definitely not as large and well known as some of the other area wineries, but well worth the stop for the wine if you're a fan of an excellent red. Truly Fabulous Wines! (I'm sure I'll be back again and again) :)

Reviewed 10 November 2012

Spent some time sampling the gorgeous wines that this winery has to offer. We wanted to try a winery that we do not have access to in Toronto and this one was recommended to us. This recommendation was right on the mark. Ruby took the time to fully explore several of their excellent vintages and we found her to be informative and very accommodating. We ended up buying several bottles and cannot wait to enjoy them!

Reviewed 23 October 2012

This was our second visit to Marynissan Estate, the staff are fantastic taking the time to educate on the wine making process in addition to tasting. We seem end up with several cases each time we visit, and that's a good thing. Make sure you by a filter as they use old world production techniques and there will be some sediment in the bottom of the bottle. Well worth the visit.

Reviewed 14 October 2012

Nice small winery. Limited selection of wines available for tasting. Servers were helpful, knowledgable and patient with our group.

Reviewed 8 May 2012

Stopped in here during a wine country tour. I enjoyed this place. The lady who served us was very informed, and laid back. The pours were generous, I think I tried 8 wines or so from what I remember .. they just kept coming! Nice little out of the way place, we ended up with a few bottles including: Solstice and the Cab Franc. Cant go wrong over there, very reasonable priced to boot! We all had fun Ii would definely go back.

1  Thank GettinErDun