“Small winery”

US$11.28*
and up
Marynissen Estate Winery Tour and Tastings
More attraction details
Owner description: Marynissen Estates has its roots deeply embedded in the soil of Niagara on the Lake. Located at the base of the Niagara escarpment, the vineyard is home to the oldest commercial planting of Cabernet Sauvignon in Canada.
Canada
61 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 74 helpful votes
“Small winery”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2013

A small winery in Niagara-on-the-Lake. A very small, pleasant tasting room. Good wines. Tastings are $3 for four wines. This is the only winery we have ever visited that will not forgive the tasting fee if you buy wine. I put the two bottles I was going to purchase back on the shelf. Will not return.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Beach30Canada

Canton, Ohio
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“Back Again in 2012 for the Fabulous Reds!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2012

This was my third trip to the NOTL area, and my second trip tp Marynissen. The last time I was in the area was in 2010, and the owners of the little B&B we stayed at recommended Marynissen once they learned that I preferred a good dry red wine. I realized once I got home in 2010 that I should have bought more bottles, especially from Marynissen!! This time I came home with a case from just them! It's definitely not as large and well known as some of the other area wineries, but well worth the stop for the wine if you're a fan of an excellent red. Truly Fabulous Wines! (I'm sure I'll be back again and again) :)

Visited November 2012
Toronto, Canada
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Excellent winery”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2012

Spent some time sampling the gorgeous wines that this winery has to offer. We wanted to try a winery that we do not have access to in Toronto and this one was recommended to us. This recommendation was right on the mark. Ruby took the time to fully explore several of their excellent vintages and we found her to be informative and very accommodating. We ended up buying several bottles and cannot wait to enjoy them!

Visited November 2012
Toronto, ON
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 85 helpful votes
“Stunning wines in the old world style”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2012

This was our second visit to Marynissan Estate, the staff are fantastic taking the time to educate on the wine making process in addition to tasting. We seem end up with several cases each time we visit, and that's a good thing. Make sure you by a filter as they use old world production techniques and there will be some sediment in the bottom of the bottle. Well worth the visit.

Visited October 2012
Fairport, New York
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Nice place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2012

Nice small winery. Limited selection of wines available for tasting. Servers were helpful, knowledgable and patient with our group.