“Another Wonderful Experience”

Darlington House Bed and Breakfast
Reviewed 26 August 2014

Just came back from two nights at the Darlington House Bed & Breakfast. This is our third visit and once again everything was perfect. From the beautiful room with the comfy bed to the delicious breakfasts ( best eggs benedict ever) to our amazing host Julie and Mark. They treat you like royalty and family at the same time. We will definitely be back and will recommend the Darlington to all our friends and family. Thank you!

1  Thank londongoodies
Julie T, Owner at Darlington House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2014

Thank you and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 25 August 2014

OK- everything is perfect, let's begin there. The breakfast was amazing and just the right amount. We had eggs benedict on croissants and a fruit cobbler. The rooms were beautiful and SO comfortable (I did not want to get out of bed). The building is quiet and walls well-insulated. There are 4 guestrooms & we had the 77 Yarm (largest room with a queen bed). If you wanted privacy and quiet time, this is the room! There is plenty of space, a desk, chairs, a love seat, fireplace, and TV. The view is delightful, overlooking a park. It's a short walk to the Shaw Theater.
Julie has a separate room with water, coffee, tea, and a recycle container (thank you, Julie).
The only suggestion I have (and this is true for most places I stay) is to put a hook or two on the back of the bathroom door. I never have any place to hang my clothes, towels, or vanity packs.

Room Tip: All rooms are beautiful but the 77 Yarm is particularly warm and welcoming.
1  Thank Fliesler

Brilliant suggestion. The bathroom doors all now have hooks on them. Thank you and we look forward to your return.

Reviewed 25 August 2014

We traveled to Niagara-On-Lake from Texas and could not have found a better place to stay. We were there for four nights and felt at home the whole time. Julie and Mark were very kind and helpful....not to mention the 5 star breakfast each morning. The best way to sum it up.....we were there four nights and noticed all the other guests were return guests, to me this says it all. We hope to visit Niagara-On-The-Lake again, and if so we will definitely stay with at the Darlington House! Save travels.

Room Tip: Just make sure your room is at the Darlington House.
1  Thank BretRobinson

Was our pleasure to meet you and we look forward to your return. Safe travels!

Reviewed 22 August 2014

My spouse and I recently spent two nights at this B&B. Fantastic! We were finishing up our holidays and what a wonderful respite it was. Quiet, yet a short walk from downtown NOTL and The Shaw Festival. Julie and Mark, thank you for being such gracious hosts.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

My family and I spent one night at Darlington House. We got delayed and arrived very late. Nevertheless Mark welcomed us and was very helpful, despite our late arrival. We were all amazed to discover the beautifully decorated bedrooms with very comfortable beds. The breakfast was amazing and so delicious!!! Julie is a wonderful host. We all wish we could have stayed longer. I definitely plan to come back. I have stayed in many B&Bs in North America and Europe and Darlington House is at the top of my favourites.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 August 2014

This was my first time staying at a B&B and I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed it. Julie and Mark were very welcoming. The house, and more importantly our room and ensuite were very clean and beautifully decorated. The breakfast was delicious and as someone who loves a home-cooked meal, I appreciated the effort and attention to detail. The breakfast provided enough energy for us to get to Port Colborne by bike without needing to refuel. And thank you to Mark that drove out to meet us before we reached St Catherine's to give us our map that I had inadvertently forgotten. Excellent location too! A bit of a walk to the main strip but definitely doable. We rented bikes and so it was easy to get around. Will definitely be back!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Spent one nite here while attending a winery's music concert. What a delightful place to come back to after the frenzied music. Elegant is the best word I can think of to describe the rooms in this lovely B & B. Then there was BREAKFAST!! Wow!!! Julie & Mark were wonderful host and made everyone feel very special.
worth a little extra to treat yourself.

Room Tip: All three rooms are beautiful and make the guest feel pampered
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends