“Home away from home”

Bogarts B&B
Chicago, Illinois, United States
“Home away from home”
Reviewed 12 October 2012

Staying at Bogarts was like visiting family. David and Richard have a wonderful home and a wonderful B&B! Having a separate entrance was really great, we didn't worry about intruding on the family, but having breakfast with David, Richard and Bogart every morning was so relaxing and fun! The accommodations were great, ample space in both the bedroom and en suite bathroom, the beds very comfy and very well maintained and clean. I would absolutely return to Bogarts again!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Gail K

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 13 August 2012

My husband and I decided to visit NOTL for the first time and were quite overwhelmed with the number of B&B's to choose from. We stumbled on Bogart's by accident and I can say it's the best stumble we've ever done!

From the minute we drove in, David and Richard (the owners) were completely warm and friendly. They were full of information about the area, and having not planned anything to do for the weekend we very much appreciated it. They recommended wonderful restaurants, bike/walking paths as well as informed us of the events going on that weekend. Our stay was wonderful. Not only are the hosts charming, but they have a dog as well. This just made our trip even better :). Don't like dogs? Don't worry, they check with you first and will keep Bogart in a separate area. He's completely quiet and you wouldn't even know he was there.

The room was fantastic. Absolutely spotless room and ensuite. The king bed was the most comfortable I have ever stayed in away from home. We slept in total comfort and the quiet of the countryside. It's a peaceful neighbourhood, totally safe, and beautiful to look at.

The B&B is situated right on the heritage walk so it's a beautiful walk into town - about 20 minutes, though it really doesn't seem that way. Don't want to walk? It's less than a 5 minute drive to town.

I still can't get over the quality of the food we enjoyed. Breakfasts were just delicious. I wish I had thought to ask for the recipe of those muffins David made! Hot breakfast both mornings, with fresh fruit and baked goods. So filling, you never leave hungry.

I'm sure I could rave about this location for hours, so I will stop here, but if you are looking for a wonderful place to stay, this is it. We will definitely stop here again on our next visit.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Amalie D
Londonderry, New Hampshire
Reviewed 10 August 2012

My husband and I stayed at Bogart's August 6th-8th and had a wonderful time. David and Richard (the owners and our hosts) were warm, hospitable, and full of information about the area. Our room was spotless! The bed was comfortable - closets more than adequate - bathroom also spotless with a large vanity and wonderful shower - and complete with a small refrig and a Keurig coffee maker. It was nice to have our own entrance as well. Breakfasts were delicious - fresh local fruit each morning, delicious muffins, and a hot entree. We never needed lunch! The location is also perfect. Easy to walk or bike to town (just a few blocks really) but away from the crowds. We would absolutely return to this B&B!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Carol M
toronto
Reviewed 20 July 2012

I stayed at Bogarts B&B to attend a concern in Niagara-on-the-Lake. This is definitely a five star. I particular chose this B&B because it is a modern bungalow. I liked that it is in a quiet and convenient location and backs onto a heritage trail. It was a pleasant stay with friendly and helpful hosts. Dave provided us with a map of Niagara on the Lake and gave useful suggestions. very very clean and spacious bathroom with a filtered water tap. The hot breakfast was superb along with the fresh fruit plate and freshly baked muffins and coffee in a delightful dining room with fine art and a lovely view of the garden and the trail.
I liked having my own entrance and there was ample parking. The bed was arranged into a king size as requested with good quality sheets.
I recommend Bogarts B&B and will definitely stay there again as I plan to make this a yearly trip.
Ann

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ann b
Burlington, Canada
Reviewed 24 June 2012

Private entrance, delicious breakfast (loved the fresh fruit plate), spacious bathroom. Outdoor patio, mini fridge and Keurig were nice extras. Great quiet location close to trails. Wonderful hosts! We will be back.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank runbunnirun
Calgary
Reviewed 22 June 2012

My friend and I stayed at Bogarts for 3 nights over the May long weekend. What we loved about the accomodations: 1) There is a separate entrance to the suite from the outside of the home - it made us feel like we could come and go as we pleased 2) Our hosts split the bed to make two single beds 3) The amazing food we woke each morning to - freshly baked muffins, fruit etc. 4) Our hosts provided us with tips on where to dine - best places to park at the Falls - discount websites etc.
Would stay again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Kelly J
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 16 June 2012

Delightful accommodation - excellent bed with lots of pillows (luxury I adore), flat screen TV, private en suite plus one's very own private entrance - & delicious breakfasts served in the home's dining room overlooking deck and lawn sloping into the woods. A combination that makes Bogarts B&B the best I have encountered in my travels.

Added bonuses include outdoor 'guest only' patio area with table and umbrella for quiet end of day relaxation with a good book and glass of wine chilled in the guest's in-room private fridge. Conveniently located on quite Promenade with very little traffic (and no trucks as not a through street).

Breakfasts included perfectly brewed coffee with toast or muffins and varied blueberry pancakes or omelets, plus fresh fruit.

Highly recommend if you - like me - are visiting NOTL this summer for the Shaw Festival and a vineyard tour!

Room Tip: Only one very comfy room. It's quiet and with your own private entrance - a plus in a B&B!