“You can't get better gelato”

Il Gelato di Carlotta
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours
Description: A bar cafe type latteria that promises you gelato the way it was meant to be! We offer everything from gelato and sorbetto and specialty coffees such as cappuccino and espresso, to gelato cakes and gelato biscotto sandwiches, mini-cones and gelato on a stick. We use an an organic base imported from Italy and add to it reverse osmosis water, organic cream and milk, grape sugar (NOT white sugar), organic off-white raw cane sugar, locally grown fruits and more. We believe our product is more than 80% organic. Our suppliers in Italy use diverse fruits such as Alfonso Mangoes from Bombay, soft-flesh coconuts from Sri Lanka, to pistachios from Bronte, Sicily, and hazelnuts from Piemonte, Italy. Yes, we also offer gluten free cones and our sorbettos are dairy free.In the summer, we use Niagara grown peaces, apricots, plums, strawberry, etc. We also use other fresh fruits such as grapefruit, oranges, lemon, pineapple, avocado, watermelon, etc. For our sorbettos.
Reviewed 11 June 2014

The gelato here is outstanding - a real Italian experience. They have a variety of flavors - the hazelnut is amazing - and some specialty treats like the semifreddo (delicious) and gelato sliders, fruits stuffed with gelato and gelato "sandwiches". Everything is wonderful.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Outstanding flavors and quality. We visited three times. All natural and a wide variety of novelties and fruits filled with gelato.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Came back from Italy for 2 weeks and craving for the creamy gelato. Found this place on trip advisor, and decided to drive 1.5hrs to give it a try and is totally worth it. I had pistachio and pineapple gelato The pistachio is creamy and nutty, no after taste, not too sweet compare to other gelato places. The pineapple is refreshing, and have tiny chucks inside. they also have a feature Ice wine flavor yesterday, and is amazing. It taste like frozen grape with a pitch of alcohol. Their gelato is comparable with the one I had in Italy. I highly recommend this place, and would definitely go back. I am relief now, at least I know there is a place I can go for the real Italian gelato in Toronto.

Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

I make pretty frequent trips to Italy & I love gelato. This place had some of the best gelato I've had outside Italy. Gluten free cones, too!

Reviewed 8 June 2014

This is the best gelato that we have had anywhere....including our numerous trips to Italy! Carlotta and Kash use only the freshest, natural ingredients and make this Italian frozen treat in the true Italian way. Do not be mislead, gelato is not ice cream. It is made with milk not cream and since it has much less cold fat, the flavours are much more intense. My only regret is that we do not live close enough to enjoy this sublime and delicious treat more often. A truly wonderful taste experience.