The Charles Hotel
Riverbend Inn and Vineyard(Niagara-on-the-Lake)(Great Value!)
US$163
US$148
Hotels.com
Shaw Club Hotel(Niagara-on-the-Lake)(Great Value!)
US$156
Prince of Wales(Niagara-on-the-Lake)
US$232
  • Pool
Hilton Garden Inn Niagara-on-the-Lake(Niagara-on-the-Lake)(Great Value!)
US$140
US$123
Best Western Colonel Butler Inn(Niagara-on-the-Lake)(Great Value!)
US$179
US$157
Hotwire.com
US$225
US$214
South Landing Inn(Queenston)(Great Value!)
US$123
Travelocity
124 on Queen Hotel and Spa(Niagara-on-the-Lake)(Great Value!)
US$319
TripAdvisor
Oban Inn, Spa and Restaurant(Niagara-on-the-Lake)(Great Value!)
US$187
US$176
Harbour House Hotel(Niagara-on-the-Lake)
TripAdvisor
All reviewssafari roomhob noblibrary roomdaisy roomsunflower roomprivate verandamy husband and ifrench press coffeefresh coat of paintthe main streetstar restaurantcharming hotelrain showerdining experiencequeen streetfirst floorgolf club
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 January 2008

We spent a heavenly night at the Charles Inn this past weekend and found it to be a fabulous experience. This old inn has been completely renovated with such excellent taste and such attention to detail that we were transported back in time. Our room, with its fireplace, veranda and its antique furnishings was just beautiful and well in keeping with the period of the inn itself. The staff were so friendly, unpretentious and yet so professional that their service enhanced our every moment. Dinner in the beautiful dining room was a culinary delight and the intimate lounge was perfectly cozy for an after meal apertif. Bravo to the management and staff of the Charles for their dedication to a new high in quality, service and attention.

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled as a couple
3  Thank bigbrucieboy
Reviewed 7 January 2008

If you're looking for a romantic getaway with excellent food and outstanding service then the Charles Inn is a must!
We stayed in the Library room which was just fabulous with a gorgeous 4 poster bed, log fire and jacuzzi. There is even a hotel horse and carriage which will take you for a little jaunt around the town if you fancy it! It really couldn't be any more romantic!!!
Dinner in the stunning restaurant was amongst one of the best meals I've ever eaten and living in London and travelling extensively I've eaten some pretty good food in my time! Breakfast was scrumptious too with plenty of choice and the best French toast in the world!
The staff couldn't have been more helpful and the service at both dinner and breakfast was first class.
We also ate at the Oban around the corner which was also great food but for us, The Charles was the clear winner!
My only regret is that we didn't stay longer!

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank spannatraveller
Reviewed 17 October 2007

My husband and I just returned from celebrating our wedding Anniversary at The Charles Inn on Niagara-on-the-lake. It was such an enjoyable event I wanted to share it with other people.

Our children bought us a gift certificate (Life Experiences) through Shopper's Drug Mart for Christmas and we thought since it was special
we would save it for our anniversary. The gift certificate was for a three course meal with wine pairings for each course. We enjoy wine tasting and have done quite a few vineyard tours and courses so this was a perfect gift for us.

We looked into the Inn on the internet and decided that we would stay
there since we were having our wine tasting evening at the Inn. We chose which room we liked and made the reservations in April 2007. We
received a confirmation email and all the necessary information. A
couple of days prior to our expected arrival I contacted The Charles Inn just to make sure things were still ok with our resdervations and
spoke to a member of the staff who was very courteous and friendly and confirmed that everything was ready for our arrival. We were quite taken with the Inn itself as neither my husband nor I had ever stayed in an old country inn so did not know what to expect. We found
The Charles Inn to be beautiful both inside and out. They have beautiful gardens surrounding the Inn and a golf course next door. The back garden is private and great for taking pictures. Our room was much larger than we expected and felt that the pictures on the internet did not do it justice. The room was tastefully decorated and
immaculate. I have to say it was much better than we had imagined it would be.

The dinner was wonderful. We started with hor's doeuvres with a different wine to compliment each. Our server took his time and introduced each wine that was being served and briefly explained why it was chosen. We then chose an appetizer, the entree and a dessert. There was a different wine pairing for each dish. The food was delicious with the perfect amount of food. The wine pairings were a good choice and complimented the food perfectly.

Following dinner we sat in their lounge and thoroughly enjoyed one of their signature Ice Wine Martini's which was out of this world. The Inn is located on the main street however it is at one end and is very quiet but close enough to walk to all the nearby shops and boutiques. It is also close to numerous vineyards if you are interested in taking in wine tours.

The entire weekend was a delight and I would recommend it to everyone. The staff were warm, friendly and very professional. We had an anniversary to remember and I would gladly return anytime to The Charles Inn.
Carol & Hassan Gaffoor

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled as a couple
3  Thank BarrieVinyard
Reviewed 9 October 2007

We had dinner here over the Thanksgiving weekend, and had the table d'hôte. I wondered how they would "fancy up" a traditional turkey dinner, but I was so surprised how amazing the meal was. It was accompanied with a corn chowder that I will continue to crave for years, and wonderful local wine pairings. The price tag was a bit hefty but well worth it. Every bite was better than the next. My husband and I were there to celebrate our 1st wedding anniversary and it made for a memorable night ! This I am sure is the first of many visits to this culinary delight. Although we did not stay in the rooms, it looked lovely. Great service as well! Bravo!

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 July 2007

We really like the food at the Charles Inn and have enjoyed it over the last five years. We stayed in the Inn for the first time last summer, but found it disappointing. We had a relatively expensive room (downstairs), which I can only describe as weird. It must incorporate the original kitchen.

There may be nicer rooms, but do not write off the food: it's one of the best 3-4 restaurants in NOTL and has a lovely dining room.

• Stayed: August 2006, travelled as a couple