“Comfortable hotel, reasonable rates, friendly staff”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Niagara-on-the-Lake
King George III Inn
New York, NY
“Comfortable hotel, reasonable rates, friendly staff”
Reviewed 26 July 2010

I stayed at The King George III for 4 nights in one of the rooms at the cheapest rate so it didn't have much of a view. You don't have to go through the Jet Tour department on the first floor to get to your room as another reviewer has said. There is a separate entrance for hotel guests. My room and bed were comfortable and the bathroom was very clean. The air conditioner was quiet and efficient. The room is too small for a couple but it was great for just me. I liked having a coffee maker in the room because there was no place nearby to get coffee. Breakfast came in a small basket and was delivered outside the room around 8:00. The breakfast, a bit too heavy on the sugar, usually consisted of a 12 oz. can of orange and apple juice as well as apple sauce, pudding and a chocolate Quaker Oats bar. The hotel is a short walk to the main part of town, and I felt safe walking back from the Shaw Festival late at night. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I left a bottle of pills in my room when I checked out and one of the housekeeping staff rushed down to give it to me before I drove off. Guests also get a generous discount for the Jet Tour.

Stayed July 2010, travelled solo
2 Thank RichK923

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Mexico City, Mexico
Reviewed 8 September 2009

What a find! Niagara-on-the-Lake has become very expensive to visit in the last 10 years, as nearly all the hotels and restaurants went "upscale" and took the prices up with them. Cheaper hotels in NOTL were not fit to stay in. Then I found the King George III Inn -- inexpensive, well-located and a very nice place to stay.

It's a walk-up on the second floor of a two-story building, with the Niagara Jet Boat tour below. That was not noisy or distracting, despite the all-day crowds visiting for the Jet Boat ride. In fact it was kind of fun to be staying upstrairs from a fun tourist attraction.

Rooms are spartan, and not excessively decorated, but are very clean and my bed was comfortable. Many rooms (although not mine) have furnished balconies with a view of the NOTL marina across the street.

Reliable wireless internet was available at no charge in my room, which also was equipped with a coffee maker. Rooms have no phone but there's a phone at the hotel desk where I was able to call out using my calling card. Iron and ironing board was available when I requested it. Hot water and water pressure are plentiful. Wall-mounted climate-control unit worked well and quietly.

Being less than a half-mile from the US side of the Niagara River, I was often able to get a US cellular signal -- which was nice because I didn't have to pay out-of-country charges.

Location at the pretty marina on the Niagara River waterfront is a plus. Parking was not a problem. Hotel is less than 10 minutes' walk to the Shaw Festival theatres, Queen Street shopping and dining, and several of NOTL's most attractive parks and public spaces.

Breakfast is a basket left outside your door, with two 12-oz cans of juice and packaged snacks such as fruit cup and applesauce, granola bars and cookies.

The only downside in my room was the vertical blinds on the windows. They did a poor job of blocking light, and one of the strips was missing in the window next to my bed, which sent morning sun into my face before I was ready for it.

My room had no desk or table, but I was in a small room and others may be furnished more fully. I noticed the balconies of other rooms had tables and chairs.

All in all, a great value in an expensive town, and a comfortable and friendly place to stay.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled solo
3 Thank From_Delaware
Toronto
Reviewed 8 August 2008

I recently stayed at the King George III Inn and was not overly impressed by the cleanliness of the room. There were tiny bugs all over the place and the bed was very uncomfortable. The worst part of all was the parking guy, which I can only assume is an ex-cop. He had a terrible attitude about people parking in the lot because it is also the jet boat tour lot. I went out for breakfast and came back to a full parking lot, I was not impressed by this as I was not only a paying customer for the Motel but I had paid for the jest boat tour as well. He sent me to an off site dirt lot...this was great for my $5,000 rims. Also the C-plus from the pop machine was expired in 2007. Lose the parking cop and update and clean the rooms and it would be a great bang for buck.

Stayed August 2008
1 Thank 08BLKBeemer

Travellers are raving about these Niagara-on-the-Lake hotels

Central Square NY
Reviewed 29 May 2008

We were disappointed in this hotel. The website pictures are very misleading. The entrance for the hotel was through the other business run by the owners, a jet boat ride. The room was small and the bed was cramed in a small area. The t.v. only worked if the light switch was on, but we weren't informed of that until we left. The airconditioner had a mind of it's own. "Continental breakfast" served outside your door in the morning was a small basket with 2 cans of juice, a granola bar, a breakfast cookie and two warm fruit cups. We will not be returning to this hotel, it was not worth the price.

• Liked — Leaving
  • Disliked — quality of the bed
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank liserntravel
ontario,canada
Reviewed 4 September 2007

Recently spent a night at King George. I must say that I was not expecting much when we pulled into the parking lot. However the rooms are spacious with comfortable beds. The inn is very small with friendly accomodating staff. The rooms could use a bit of an up date. The wall paper in the bathroom was peeling off and the carpet is well worn. This place would be fantastic with a new coat of paint. Overall it is a great budget option.

• Stayed August 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank eh80
Buffalo, NY
Reviewed 17 October 2006

There are very few in-season bargains in Niagara-on-the-Lake. Most of the inns and B&B's, lovely though they are, charge through the nose, so finding this place was a surprise. Make no mistake about it; this is a very small, very basic little place. The staff were extremely helpful and accommodating. The room was clean, unimpressive, but perfectly adequate for my needs. The one very nice little extra is a basket of baked goods and juices for breakfast. Very good value for what I needed. Would stay here again.

• Liked — the price
  • Disliked — the room
  • Stayed October 2006, travelled solo
Rochester, N.Y.
Reviewed 21 June 2005

I stayed at the King George during the height of tourist/theater season. The rooms were spacious, clean and quiet, the staff friendly, the continental breakfast baskets plentiful and yummy, the location convenient (easy walk to the main drag). For my money, the best accomodations value in NOTL.

• Stayed July 2004