“Fantastic Spot!!”

Lakewinds Country Manor
Burlington, Canada
“Fantastic Spot!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2005

We had an absolutely wonderful stay at Lakewinds! I have always been a little wary of B&Bs but this one is certainly no ordinary spot....more an inn than a B&B. Our room was beautiful (Sans Souci suite - French "provence" feel), the food was great and the hosts very accomodating.

Our breakfast the first day consisted of a fan of fresh pineapple drizzled with raspberry coulis, fresh made Belgian waffles with bananas, toasted almonds, whipped cream, bacon, maple syrup, etc., etc. They also offered homemade breads, croissants and cereals to go with your coffee and juice but I was way too full to even manage another bite after the waffles. The second morning we were treated to fruit salad, a leek and sage quiche with sausage and again the cereals, muffins, etc. Both days the breakfast was great....the only problem was that I was so full after both all I wanted to do was fall into our comfy king size bed for a post-breakfast nap!

I have already booked again for this coming year and would recommend it to anyone looking for accomodation in Niagara-on-the-Lake. I would also recommend, however, that you book early as we had a hard time rebooking for the same time this year (we left it until this spring!) as they apparently book up fast.

PS There is a great looking pool area surrounded by gardens which I'm sure are spectacular during the summer (we were a little too late for swimming!)

• Stayed October 2004
3 Thank Sass88

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
St. Catharines, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2005

I spent a few days in Niagara-on-the-Lake in March and stayed at my favourite B&B: Lakewinds! The highlight of my stay was of course the gourmet breakfasts (although I was in the Sans Souci room this time and had a hard time leaving the double jacuzzi!). I indulged in the homemade croissants, fresh fruit, and eggs benedict with asparagus. The breakfast left me satisfied until dinner. Thank you, Jane and Steve, for being such hospitable hosts. I will definitely return!

• Stayed March 2005