“"Awesome home and location"”

Historic Davy House B&B Inn
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Great place for a weekend getaway. Flo and Jeff are wonderful hosts. We felt like longtime friends even though this was our first visit. Their B&B is gorgeous making you feel welcomed and relaxed. The location is perfect. It provides a quiet place to read a book or spend time in the hot tub, and yet you’re only a short walk from all of the great restaurants and shops of downtown Niagara-On-The-Lake. I would highly recommend staying at the Historic Davy House. Oh, and did I mention the spectacular breakfasts. Thanks Jeff they were GREAT!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 8 July 2014

The Davy House had excellent reviews on tripadvisor, so we were expecting great service. However, our stay with Jeff & Flo far surpassed our expectations....the kind and warm reception, the intricate details in the decor, the relaxing backyard that offered the perfect escape mini-putting, hot tubbing, or just reading a book, and the exceptional breakfast are just some of the phenomenal parts of staying at the Davy House. Staying at an historic house close to the main street of Niagara on the Lake was a bonus. I would highly recommend the Davy House for the service, culture, and pure hedonism it offers. Thanks Jeff and Flo!!

1  Thank Dsi1982
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Flo and Jeff, just wanted to say thanks for the great hospitality that you showed my wife and I on our recent first visit to your Historic Davy House.

Your friendliness, attention to detail, and of course the delicious breakfasts clearly demonstrates your passion for being great B&B hosts.

We were both very impressed with how charmingly you have decorated Davy House, both inside and out and we thoroughly enjoyed the downstairs suite, especially the very big and comfortable bed.

The fact Davy House was so close to everything allowed us to ‘park n’ walk’ everywhere in beautiful Niagara-on-the-Lake, (including to many of your great suggestions) and it was great being able to top the evening off with a round of mini-putt and then a night-cap while relaxing in the hot tub.

Thanks again and hope we can come back soon for another visit.

1  Thank MusicManOntario
Reviewed 28 June 2014

My husband and I had never been in the area so we didn't really know what to expect. Historic Davy House certainly exceeded our expectations. Everything about the place was charming and lovely. Flo and Jeff are friendly and very helpful. Breakfast is wonderful. It's convenient to everything. The rooms are comfortable. The town is quaint and the gardens beautiful. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Davy House to anyone traveling to the area.

3  Thank Romarsha
Reviewed 27 June 2014

......and I really do mean that. I've been fortunate enough to wander far over the years and can honestly say that this is an utter delight. I booked Suite 1844 at Davy house for a 2 night stay having read all of the fantastic reviews on Tripadvisor - they really are true.

Flo and Jeff are truly lovely people who clearly love what they do and put their heart and soul into making you feel welcome and 'at home' in their little haven. The garden is to die for (I particularly loved the garden swing and a little doze from the vantage point of the sun lounger where I whiled away many hours of peaceful bliss. I'm vegetarian and the incredible breakfasts were seamlessly adapted to my taste with no fuss at all.

If I am ever back over in Canada I will be sure to return - the bar has indeed been set very high and I have such wonderful memories of this beautiful home and all it's impeccable taste and attention to detail that I will never forget.

Room Tip: Suite 1844 is stunning!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank LisaBYorkshire
Reviewed 27 June 2014

The Davy House is the only place we will stay when we visit Niagara on the Lake and attend the Shaw Festival. We manage to travel there twice a year - spring and fall. Flo and Jeff are absolutely the best hosts, the breakfasts are out of this world, and they both make you feel right at home and very comfortable. Prior to booking any plays, we ensure that we have a room at the Davy House first, and then select our theatre plays. The decor and furnishings are so unique and "homey", and we are amazed at the talent both Jeff and Flo have. Since The Davy House is so close to all three theaters and the downtown, that there is no need to drive to any of the venues or to go to any of the wonderful restaurants in town.

Room Tip: We have stayed in three of the four rooms. Two of them are upstairs, and the third is on the main f...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Gay N
Reviewed 21 June 2014

My husband Joe and I wanted somewhere to stay when we went to see Niagara Falls. We spent two wonderful days as guest of Flo and Jeff. The food was delightful, the rooms were so comfortable, and the atmosphere was welcoming. It was a short trip to see the falls. And the town of Niagara on the Lake is so quaint. We had an amazing time.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple