Our friends got married at this hotel and we all stayed in rooms here, allowing us to get a good feeling for the place. The location is pretty non-descript, with almost anything except a fast food stop being driving distance away. Niagara Falls was maybe 10-15 minutes.
The rooms and hotel itself were what you would expect from the size and brand. Pretty non-descript but clean and well maintained. The pool, small but fine. The banquet rooms fine.
I thought the service was OK... overall the staff seemed young and a bit confused. For example, our friends got a wedding guest discount on the room, but apparently for only the night of the wedding, so since we were staying to nights the gal taking the reservation needed us to make two separate reservations, one for each price point (actually four separate reservations, since we had two rooms for our family). She seemed a bit cranky doing it. The wedding was simple and went off nicely.
There is a restaurant on site and the food is OK. One complaint I had was that breakfast was an added fee, and not cheap, probably around $10-12 per person at the end of it which makes a big difference in a party of 6. Most hotels in this price category include breakfast. If the wedding had not been in this location, I would have stayed elsewhere.
Overall, I doubt you'd have a bad experience here, but it won't wow you either and seemed pricey for what it offers.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The five storey hotel nestled in park like sating and less than 15 minutes either from Niagara Falls or Niagara-on-the-Lake features 118 spacious guestroom: 43 King rooms, 63 Queen rooms with two QQ beds, 11 Deluxe Jacuzzi Suites, which includes plenty of amenities such as: The Sweet Dreams Bed Experience, Luxurious linens and duvets and the remarkable Garden Sleep System adjustable bed, fridge, microwave and coffeemaker, 37” LCD High Definition Digital flat screen TV with on-demand movies and video games, complimentary wired & wireless high-speed Internet access, Ergonomic Herman Miller Mirra Chair, Secure PrinterON remote printing, two dual line telephone and MP3clock radio and iron/ironing board. Complimentary 24 hours Business Centre, Complimentary “to go” morning Coffee or Tea. We also offer a 24 hour Pavilion Pantry for snacks and microwavable meals, coin laundry service and complimentary parking and Electric vehicle charging station FREE of charge to our guest.Recreation Facility: Fitness centre with the latest in equipment by PRECOR, indoor heated pool and invigorated whirlpool and outdoor patio. For your dining pleasure The Great North American Grill – Restaurant, which offer Mediterranean & American cuisine and featuring made to order eggs and other delicious items, a hearty lunch and dinner specialties daily prepared by our talented Chef. Prime Rib Special every Friday & Saturday night. We can accommodate in our Garden View Ballroom conferences, dinner parties or weddings up to 220 persons with outdoor Gazebo for Wedding Ceremonies.Welcome to the HILTON GARDEN INN, Niagara-on-the-Lake and great Canadian Wine Region, Art Galleries, Golf & Journey back in time-relive the War of 1812 , “the Prettiest Town in Canada” please come and Witness History. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Niagara-on-the-Lake reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn Niagara-On-The-Lake Hotel Niagara-On-The-Lake
- Hilton Niagara-On-The-Lake
- Niagara-On-The-Lake Hilton