“Very nice...would stay again.”

Hilton Garden Inn Niagara-on-the-Lake
Reviewed 31 March 2012

We stayed here March 30th for one night. Our room was 407. Beautiful room, king size bed, very spacious and it even had a sauna and whirl pool tub in it! Unfortunately because we were tight for time as we were attending a function we weren't able to use them. We did order room service, calamari and Taste of Italy Anti Pasto Platter...both were fabulous! The hotel was FULL of kids hockey teams. When we checked in, the front desk clerk did tell us about the hockey teams and told us to not hesitate to call them if they are too loud or interrupting our stay. I liked that...doesn't happen too often. Luckily we were out til late at night so there were no worries...just one young fellow when we got there that knocked on our door, and when realized he had the room, he apologize and moved on. We had breakfast in their dining room. It was certainly tasty enough, portions were good and we were off for our 2.5 hour ride home. Staff were excellent!!!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank czechmate1ca

Reviewed 31 March 2012

great hotel, great location just off the highway. Although it is about a 15-20min drive into the main town it is a great location. Price is just right and definitely worth upgrading to one of their whirlpool suites. Breakfast was really good. Staff were quite friendly (even when you simply passed them in the halls they expressed genuine concern..always looking to make sure the customer is happy). I've stayed there twice, once around Christmas and most recently in Feb, even with the Christmas rush due to parties etc. they were extremely professional.

Room Tip: Worth the upgrade to the whirlpool suite, request the corner suite on 4th floor as opposed to the on...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Petrina W
Reviewed 20 March 2012

The more I stay at Hilton Garden Inns, the more I like them. They are a good step up from a Hampton but less expensive than some of Hilton's other brands. This location, while it has a Niagara-on-the-Lake address, is actually closer to downtown St. Catharines than downtown Niagara-on-the-Lake. This did not matter to us but may be important to some people.

We arrived about an hour early for check in but our room was already ready so we had no trouble checking in. We booked early and got a great deal on a king bed room with hot tub. The room also included a desk with Herman Miller chair, microwave, refrigerator, etc. (see attached pictures). Everything was clean and well maintained. My only complaint about the room was the Internet. The wireless signal was faint so we were not able to connect. We had a LAN cable with us, so we used that to plug into the jack at the desk. That worked but the Internet was quite slow. Oh well, we had very little to do anyway.

As is the case with other Garden Inns, there is an exercise room, pool with hot tub, and a business center (2 computers). Room service is available and breakfast is served each morning in the lobby. In addition to a wide variety of items available self serve, also available are made to order eggs and pancakes. This breakfast is supposed to be $12.95 but it seems like each time we stay at a Garden Inn they give us free passes. I assume this has to do with being members of the HHonors program but I have never asked.

Would I recommend this location to a friend? Absolutely. With the exception of the slow Internet, everything met our expectations. Some people might prefer a location closer to downtown Niagara-on-the Lake but since we had equal interest in St. Catharines, we liked the location. We would happily stay there again.

By the way, the main picture Trip Advisor is using tonight for this hotel shows a water slide. I am not sure why. This hotel does not have water slide.

Room Tip: This hotel allows people to check in up to 24 hours in advance via their web site. If you do so, yo...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank pinnacle-project
Reviewed 18 March 2012

This is a great hotel. Rooms are spacious, very clean and modern looking. Staff is really friendly. There is one restaurant but we only had breakfast there. It was a buffet 12.95 per person and our two kids (2 and 4 ) were free. Food was good, they made eggs to order, waffles, omlettes..I have had many buffet breakfasts and this one was actually really good and fresh. Also parking is free which is awesome. On the downside the pool was pretty small and tiles there were extremely slippery. I almost fell myself and my kids slipped a few times. Gym is nice but also very small, all nice, new and clean though. The hotel is a 15 min drive from Niagara Falls so you def need a car to get around. There is a Wendy's across the street.
I would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank AniaSzt
Reviewed 11 March 2012

We arrived at the hotel around 4pm and was informed by front desk that our room was not ready yet and she was very kind and assured us we wouldn’t wait long for the room to be ready. We waited approx 5mins .The room was nicely laid out and I was pleasantly surprised in the size of the King suite and the whirlpool was off to the corner and out of the way. I don’t think the website’s pictures do it justice (they should really update those pictures). We opted to not leave the hotel at all and dine in. We went to dinner around 7pm and our waitress was Sue. She was friendly, kind, attentive, professional and really made us feel welcomed. I highly recommend having dinner at this hotel. Not only is the food affordable but it tastes great and the customer service is exceptional. A must have is the bruschetta-it was really good. In the morning we went for the buffet breakfast in lounge. It was crowded but the omelet bar was well worth the wait. The chef was friendly and cooked our omelets quickly and to perfection. Breakfast was a delight. Due to daylight savings time we lost an hour so I went to front desk and asked for a late check out and was given until 2pm. Check out was seamless. We left feeling relaxed and valued as a customer. We will definitely go back.

Room Tip: - I cannot stress if you want a care free morning purchase the bed and breakfast deal though the hot...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 March 2012

My husband and I brought our families to this hotel (we live locally) because of the advertising for a spectacular brunch that the hotel hosted. Boy were we DISAPPOINTED. It is not worth the $20.00 a person. In fact, I wouldn't even pay $4.99 for it! It is a cramped space right in the lobby (all open), while they do make you your omlettes or waffles, you have to ask for them at a counter and wait there (the day we were there - HUGE line up!) and the food quality and selection was lacking. We also had 2 children under 3 with us, and they charged us for an 'adult'. In fact, the cashier didn't charge me for them at first, and then came back to me while I was eating and said that his manager notified him that he had to charge for kids too... what an inconvenience! Nevertheless, I tried speaking to a 'higher up' and was told he was not there. When I tried calling back, he had apparently been fired. They put me through to someone else who told me this was policy. I will NEVER frequent this place again, and you can be sure that I won't recommend it to any of the locals or tourists either! There are plenty of better restaurants for a better value in downtown Niagara-on-the-Lake, Virgil or even Niagara Falls! Awful customer service

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Leese_T
Reviewed 1 March 2012

Check in was fast. Employees were super helpful and welcoming. Entire place was spotless. Breakfast was amazing! I would recommend to anyone that is considering visiting Niagara Falls. Parking is free as is wireless. Only negative was only one treadmill worked so there were 3 runners waiting for me to finish my run.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends