“Relaxing at the Hilton Garden Inn - Niagara-on-the-Lake”

Reviewed 19 March 2014

My wife and I had the chance to have two days break from the kids (left them with relatives). Just wanted a chance to relax at the same Hilton hotel we spent our honeymoon in - it was as fantastic as before. I truly recommend this hotel to couples and families who want a high quality experience for a reasonable rate.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Hilton Garden I... N, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Niagara-on-the-Lake, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2014

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for posting your review on Tripadvisor. It is very much appreciated. I am so glad to see that you enjoyed this stay just as much as your first stay here on your honeymoon! We are constantly trying to improve our service and amenities to continue to give our guests the best possible experience.
Thanks again for your review. We look forward to having you back again in the future.

Kindest regards,

e. leea.sawyer@hilton.com
p. 905-704-3801

Write a ReviewReviews (1,414)

Reviewed 16 March 2014

I booked the Hilton Garden Inn for the reasonable price and location. To my surprise it was awesome!!! The staff, the room and the facilities are great. My husband and I ordered room survice - the best burger and coconut shrimp I have ever had for $22.00. I would come back here in a heartbeat. Nice to know that there are hotels that really excell at customer service with the added bonus of great service

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Hilton Garden I... N, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Niagara-on-the-Lake, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

Thank you for posting your review on trip advisor. We love to hear our guests first hand experiences. It was a pleasure to have you stay at our hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future. You Can Count On Us!

1-905-704-3801

Reviewed 16 March 2014

Stayed overnight to avoid driving after a night out at a winery restaurant.
Positives:
- Clean room
- Good price
- Half decent pool/hot tub
- Handy location off the QEW
- Free parking
- Free Wifi
- Quick and easy check in and check out

Negatives:
- A lot of hallway noise from both outside the room and upstairs
- Not enough towels in the room, and no towels left down at the pool when we went down a half hour before it closed
- Adjustable softness/firmness bed is not great. It's like lying on an air mattress on top of a regular mattress and regardless of the dial being turned to firm or soft, it felt exactly the same.
- Duvet is that sketchy kind that while it looks fluffy, but doesn't have a removeable cover so you don't know what else is on it
- And the most annoying - the hotel's website says on the 'Hotel Details' page that there is a shuttle available to take you to local attractions. When we arrived I called down to the front desk to ask about if we could take it to the winery where we had dinner reservations and was informed that they share the shuttle with another hotel and it was the "other hotel's turn" that night. The staffer on the front desk informed me that it could have been reserved if we had called and booked it in advance. This is the type of helpful information that should be on the website! This meant we had to take a cab that cost $30 each way.

Knowing the extra $60 required in cab fare, maybe I could have spent $60 more and stayed at a hotel/inn right in NOTL.

Room Tip: A room at the back of the building would face nature rather than the parking lot.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for the feedback about your recent stay. We are very sorry your experience did not offer you the quality of service you deserve. We strive to give exceptional service every day, for every guest; I sincerely apologize for falling short during your stay. At Hilton Garden Inn, we promise to do whatever it takes to ensure you are satisfied. We hope you will consider staying with us in the future. You Can Count On Us. Guaranteed.

1-905-704-3801

Reviewed 13 March 2014

We stay at this hotel several times a year, yet I have never written a review. Between family in the area, and wine tasting weekends, we end up staying in the Niagara area frequently. With the exception of the occasional splurge at one of the fancy resorts, we always end up at the Hilton Garden Inn if it is at all available.

Why? Well, the rooms are adequate with touches such as fridges, wifi and decent bedding. We request a room on an upper floor with a view of the conservation area. This gives us a bright room with a view of trees and no traffic noise.

The hotel is easy to access -- either driving to Niagara, visiting the Bench area, Niagara on the Lake, etc. all are only a few minutes away. Rates are consistently good. The hotel is clean, well maintained and we are always greeted warmly.

This is an excellent choice for the money in a very expensive area.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gundi
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Everything was excellent especially the comfortable beds, which I wish we had at home. The staff were very well trained and the rooms had a very high class of notions in the wash room and water and coffee supplies in the room as well as internet accessibility if this was required. Thanks again for your first class hotel upholding the Hilton tradition.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Hilton Garden I... N, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Niagara-on-the-Lake, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

Thank You for taking the time to post such a nice review on Trip Advisor about our hotel and your recent stay. I'm very happy to hear you found our beds to be comfortable. We value all of our guests feedback and we look forward to having you stay with us again in the future!

Please feel free to contact me directly at any time. I will be happy to assist in any way possible.

With Kind Regards,

Direct Line: 1-905-704-3801

Reviewed 10 March 2014

I really enjoyed this hotel. The breakfast bar is amazing! I highly recommend it. Pool, hot tub and fitness room are clean and nice also. Hotel Service was fast. Very close to wineries. Only complaint is noise from jacuzzi room above us was extremely loud if neighbours plan on having as jacuzzi late at night. I definitely will be returning next time we're in town. On a side note, I highly recommend going to the Pillar & Post Spa!

Good Afternoon Ashley_Rose_84,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to submit your review on Trip Advisor. We really appreciate all of our guest feedback as it helps us to continue to improve our quality of service and amenities.
If you ever have any questions do not hesitate to contact me directly. It would be my pleasure to be of assistance.

Kindest Regards,

Direct Line: 905-704-3801
Leea.sawyer@hilton.com

Reviewed 5 March 2014

A great value stay in NOTL region. We used their shuttle service to get a group into downtown NOTL for dinner (and back). Rooms & hotel spotless. Breakfast is a little pricey at $12.95 but overall you won't find a better stay in the area for the price. We used the shuttle service to get a group back and forth between dinner in NOTL and the service was great given the weather conditions. All in all, a very fine stay.