“Clean and Friendly Hotel with Excellent Staff”

Reviewed 2 April 2014

Stayed here as a guest for 2 nights to attend/photograph a wedding in Niagara Falls. All areas of the hotel were clean and well maintained, food was good and prices were very decent. Liked having the Keurig in the rooms and the sleep number adjustment on the mattresses. The hotel staff were very helpful and allowed us to use the lobby as a backdrop for a photo shoot with the bride and groom and didn't bat an eye at us moving around various items in the lobby to accommodate. Would highly recommend this hotel and will absolutely stay again on my next visit.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
1  Thank Amanda W
Hilton Garden I... N, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Niagara-on-the-Lake, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Amanda, thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property! We are always excited to hear about everyone's experiences while staying with us and I am so very happy to hear yours was so great! We look forward to having you stay with us again and you will be able to capture even more beautiful photos in our lobby once our renovations have been completed.

Warm Regards,
Olivia Hogg
Sales Manager

905-704-3800
olivia.hogg@hilton.com

Reviewed 29 March 2014

Although on a busy intersection on the outskirts of Niagara-on-the-Lake, a twenty minute drive from the historic town, this hotel provides a quiet night's rest in a comfortable bed. The restaurant is lovely and the food is well prepared. The rooms are large, very clean with comfortable beds (pillows a little lumpy) and linens. The bathroom is a good size with average quality toiletries. The addition of Keurig coffee makers in the room is terrific! Staff is friendly but not obtrusive. Large parking lots of lots of space. VERY reasonably priced. We have stayed here in the past and were not disappointed with our stay this time.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank arenamama
Hilton Garden I... N, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Niagara-on-the-Lake, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

Good Morning,

Thank you for posting a review of your recent stay with us here at The Hilton Garden Inn. I am happy to see you enjoyed your stay and had a nice experience. It will be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future.

Do not hesitate to contact me directly if you need anything.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed with family. Booked on the Hilton site and got the best price. Great buffet breakfast with a cook to order option. Very nice ambience in the lobby and the rooms are quite nice. The best is a Keurig coffee machine in our room. Finally good in-room coffee! Hot tub with small pool in hotel too was nice. Not much around the hotel for food ... Wendys, Mr Sub, Pizza Pizza and a Timmys all across the street. Would stay here again for sure.

• Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank XoverYtraveler
Hilton Garden I... N, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Niagara-on-the-Lake, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

Thank you for writing such a nice review on our hotel. It was a pleasure to read. We are looking forward to having you stay with us again in the future.

Please let me know if there is anything I can assist you with.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 20 March 2014

This is my "go to" hotel for a getaway time to relax. I go with family and I go with friends - frequently. I was there last week in the middle if a huge storm. We decided to go early and got an extra night because of the forecasted weather. No problem when I called to arrange that. Front desk staff very helpful as always. We stayed holed up in our room as it was too bad to venture out the next day. We watched movies, read books and relaxed. It was actually fabulous. Housekeeping put a card under the door saying they saw the "do not disturb" sign, respected our privacy and so didn't come to service the room but if we needed anything just call and ask. We rang for extra toiletries and they were there within 5 minutes. The only time we left the room was to go down to dinner. That was the "blip". The waitress was unfriendly bordering on rude. Service was slow, I'm guessing they were slammed bcs of the storm and had more people eating and I get that but an explanation would have gone a long way. Usually the staff are extremely friendly. She definitely was not. It was a shame but it won't stop me going back. In fact I already have another night booked. I just won't eat in the restaurant next time.

• Stayed: March 2014

Thank you so much for reviewing us on Trip Advisor! I would like to sincerely apologize for the unsatisfactory service you received in our Restaurant. I promise I will have this blip smoothed out before your next stay. I hope that you will dine with us again so we can give you the excellent service you expect and deserve!

Please let me know if you need anything in the mean time.

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed 19 March 2014

My wife and I had the chance to have two days break from the kids (left them with relatives). Just wanted a chance to relax at the same Hilton hotel we spent our honeymoon in - it was as fantastic as before. I truly recommend this hotel to couples and families who want a high quality experience for a reasonable rate.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Hilton Garden I... N, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Niagara-on-the-Lake, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2014

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for posting your review on Tripadvisor. It is very much appreciated. I am so glad to see that you enjoyed this stay just as much as your first stay here on your honeymoon! We are constantly trying to improve our service and amenities to continue to give our guests the best possible experience.
Thanks again for your review. We look forward to having you back again in the future.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 16 March 2014

I booked the Hilton Garden Inn for the reasonable price and location. To my surprise it was awesome!!! The staff, the room and the facilities are great. My husband and I ordered room survice - the best burger and coconut shrimp I have ever had for $22.00. I would come back here in a heartbeat. Nice to know that there are hotels that really excell at customer service with the added bonus of great service

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Hilton Garden I... N, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Niagara-on-the-Lake, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

Thank you for posting your review on trip advisor. We love to hear our guests first hand experiences. It was a pleasure to have you stay at our hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future. You Can Count On Us!

leea.sawyer@hilton.com
1-905-704-3801

Reviewed 16 March 2014

Stayed overnight to avoid driving after a night out at a winery restaurant.
Positives:
- Clean room
- Good price
- Half decent pool/hot tub
- Handy location off the QEW
- Free parking
- Free Wifi
- Quick and easy check in and check out

Negatives:
- A lot of hallway noise from both outside the room and upstairs
- Not enough towels in the room, and no towels left down at the pool when we went down a half hour before it closed
- Adjustable softness/firmness bed is not great. It's like lying on an air mattress on top of a regular mattress and regardless of the dial being turned to firm or soft, it felt exactly the same.
- Duvet is that sketchy kind that while it looks fluffy, but doesn't have a removeable cover so you don't know what else is on it
- And the most annoying - the hotel's website says on the 'Hotel Details' page that there is a shuttle available to take you to local attractions. When we arrived I called down to the front desk to ask about if we could take it to the winery where we had dinner reservations and was informed that they share the shuttle with another hotel and it was the "other hotel's turn" that night. The staffer on the front desk informed me that it could have been reserved if we had called and booked it in advance. This is the type of helpful information that should be on the website! This meant we had to take a cab that cost $30 each way.

Knowing the extra $60 required in cab fare, maybe I could have spent $60 more and stayed at a hotel/inn right in NOTL.

Room Tip: A room at the back of the building would face nature rather than the parking lot.