“"Lovely B&B in walking distance to theatres, restaurants and shops"” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Parliament Cottage B&B circa 1840

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Niagara-on-the-Lake
Parliament Cottage B&B circa 1840
Elora, Canada
“"Lovely B&B in walking distance to theatres, restaurants and shops"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

Parliament Cottage was a perfect choice for a 2 day getaway to Niagara-on-the-Lake. Our room was cozy and private (even wine glasses and cork screw were on hand!); nice en suite; a FANTASTIC BREAKFAST; a short walk to downtown. Highly recommended.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

We stayed two nights and were very pleased. The cottage is tastefully decorated, clean, with a beautiful garden. Breakfast was very good and elegantly presented by the gracious host. We will definately go back!

Room Tip: All rooms are very nice. The room on the ground floor seems to be more private.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2013

First visit to this part of Ontario and the area has tons of B&B's but the reviews and photos drew me in. Everything was great. The rooms were clean, comfortable and bright with every comfort attended to. I could not recommend it more. Isabelle was accommodating of my dietary restrictions and the breakfasts were 5 star, plentiful and filling, as well as beautifully presented. The owner was also very understanding and helpful with regard to some last minute changes to our plans on the first night there.

Isabelle also recommended (and got us in with a personal call for a Friday night) a highly rated restaurant near by (for a table of 8!) ---Stone Road Grille--- where we had an amazing!! dinner, too. All of her recommendations were spot on.

5 of us were staying at Parliament Cottage. The room with 3 beds was very comfortable and spacious for 3 adults. The bathrooms are very modern, clean and roomy as well. We were there for a large family wedding and were within walking distance of all the wedding-related events.

I can definitely and highly recommend Parliament Cottage and the Niagara on the Lake area. Looking forward to going back for a more leisurely look around.

Room Tip: The ground floor room has a tv (we NEEDED to watch the World Series) but all of the rooms are though...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Mo N
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2013

We've stayed with Isabel for a number of years and I cannot think of anything but great things to say about Parliament Cottage. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The house itself is a great old house in perfect condition. The breakfasts are sumptuous and we generally eat so much we don't eat lunch. Isabel is knowledgeable about the shops and restaurants in the area and gives us good advice in that regard. If I could change one thing I would move her a little closer to Queen Street, but it's a small quibble. It's a nice walk and the parking in her driveway is easy. We have always tried to stay at Parliament Cottage when we come to the Shaw Festival and I can't see that changing as long as we come to Niagara on the Lake.

• Stayed September 2013
Whitesboro, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2013

My husband and I enjoyed our stay at Parliament Cottage. It was very clean, comfortable, bright and well decorated. The breakfast was fresh and plentiful! The owner, Isabelle, could not have been more helpful or accommodating. It was located within a few blocks of shops and theatres. We highly recommend this quiet and comfortable setting for a great get-away.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2013

I can't say enough about the quality of hospitality and service received during my stay at Parliament Cottage, in Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ontario, Canada. Breakfast included several courses and was delicious both mornings, featuring fruit in season, and was so plentiful that I didn't need to think about lunch either day! The proprietress was so helpful to all the guests, providing information on local attractions, directions, etc. Additionally, the first morning of my stay, I awoke to a flat tire, and spent the next two days dealing with various people at the car rental agency. The proprietress went to great lengths to help me through this, including a trip two days in a row to take me into St. Catharine's (about 30 minutes away) to the business(es) assigned to replace the flat tire. I was really at a loss, finding myself in a foreign country without transportation. She willingly offered suggestions and took valuable time out of her day to help me get on my way. Without her help, I am sure I would never have been able to make a performance in Stratford, ON which was about a 2-hr drive from Niagara-on-the-Lake! I'll never forget my stay at Parliament Cottage, how helpful the proprietress was in my hour of need, and will definitely recommend this B&B to friends considering visiting this town.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Diane F
Mississauga, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2013

My boyfriend and I just came back from a two night stay at isabell's Parliament Cottage. This was my first experience at a bed and breakfast and I truly enjoyed it.

Service - Isabell welcomed us warmly when we first arrived. Before showing us to our room and giving us a thorough tour of her bed and breakfast, she pleasantly chatted with us. I appreciated that she wanted to get to know us before we settled in. Isabell also let us know that she would be away and introduced us to "her helper", Melissa, who asked us many times if we were in need of anything extra.

Value - She has three bikes that are available to use at no extra cost. My boyfriend planned this trip to bike along the trail from Niagara-on-the-lake to the falls. She warned him that the bikes "were not that great" but they suited us fine, and saved us paying 20 dollars per bike rental for the day.

Sleep Quality - Expect to have a very restful sleep while at Pariament Cottage. I recommend sleeping with the window open so that you can fall asleep to the sounds of nature. We stayed in the Stornoway room which had a very comfortable mattress.

Cleanliness - Parliament Cottage is very well maintained. The room and common areas are kept very clean. All linens provided were fresh and clean.

Location - This bed and breakfast is within walking distance to the main street. Although we did not see any of the plays, many other vacationers went to see plays at the nearby theatres. We enjoyed being close to the trails and parks so that we could play badminton and bike to the falls.

Rooms - Storonway room is at the front of the house near the front door. We liked this location because we felt as though we wouldn't disturb any of the other guests coming in or out. The room was also very well decorated and has a small television. Wifi is provided throughout the cottage if you need access to the Internet.

Food 5/5 - I am a vegetarian and Isabell accommodated to me well. She asked me what I normally eat for breakfast. I enjoyed the fresh fruit in the morning. She offers tea and coffee for her guests. She even had almond milk for me tea! She is a talented baker. She made us pear muffins from the pears she was picking from her backyard. (I forgot to ask for the recipe). The next day she had raisin scones which were very delicious. My boyfriend does not like raisins and he still ate one and loved it.

All in all we had a lovely stay at Parliament Cottage. I recommend it to people who are looking to experience Niagra-on-the-lake, whether it be for the activities, theatre, or wineries. It is a quaint, quiet town were people are polite. I will definitely plan on coming back.

Room Tip: I believe that Stronoway room is the only room with a television.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple