“Great place to stay”

Highgrove Bed & Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Niagara-on-the-Lake
Highgrove Bed & Breakfast
“Great place to stay”
Reviewed 24 September 2012

Great place for me. Had the King Suite which would have been lots of room for two. Roomy bathroom with shower and utterly clean all around. Breakfasts were just yummy and perfectly presented. Bruce went out of his way to accomodate food preferences. So much food that lunch wasn't needed. Coffee, tea is avaliable before the 9am full breakfast.
Bruce had lots of recommendation for attractions in the area and helpful information.
It is a nice walk to the theaters, but it turned out I was usually trying to fit in lots of theater and touring that I drove. Walking at night might be problemmatic because of the lush trees and dim street lighting (but not sure, since I didn't do it). Would stay here again and take in more of the attractions around the area.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank amtch

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
London, Canada
Reviewed 16 July 2012

We stayed with Bruce this past weekend at the High Grove. We booked the Suite with a King bed for $160/nt. Bruce was a wonderful host, easy to talk to and has a great sense of humor. The breakfast each morning was delicious and the perfect portions, we were always stuffed at the end. The rooms were clean, wonderfully appointed and the central air conditioner kept us cool in the summer heat. There was ample parking in the drive way, we brought our bikes and biked everywhere around town (about a 5-10 min ride to the shaw festival theater depending on how fast you rode). We look forward to returning next summer!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank willtravelforgoodfoo
New York City, New York
Reviewed 9 October 2010

I reserved this b and b through the central resevations site and recieved a confirmation for the weekend of 9/23/10. As I was beginning my 6 hour drive from NY upon calling this B and B to confirm time of arrival as requested I was informed that my room was not available and I would not have a place to stay. I was told that by the owner that he didnt have my reservation until one day prior and had booked out my room. I had made my reservation 7/31/10 and now had no place to stay. Central Reservations was able to find the only place left to stay in Niagara on the Lake as this was the 2nd weekend of the wine festival.

Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
4 Thank blake113
Oaxtepec mexico
Reviewed 19 September 2010

Seeing other people's comments, I certainly agree. We spent three delightful days, exploring antique barns, taking walks around town and spending time in good company. Highgrove breakfasts are an elegant event each morning that remind me of my English upbringing. In contrast to the casual nature of the usual North American meal table. Jolly well done Highgrove. I'll be back.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank jeannebasteris
Reviewed 9 September 2010

Every wonderful thing that has been said is true from the cleanliness, friendliness, fabulous breakfasts, etc. etc. etc. We just returned from 6 nights in the Suite and it was perfect for us - 2 twin beds and a lovely sitting room for enjoying a "beverage" and discussing the play we just saw that evening. Bruce made us feel right at home and even laid out a small continental breakfast for our 7AM departure. You can't go wrong here. As others have said, wi-fi would have been nice, but not a deal-breaker.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank JETS23
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 2 September 2010

This was a nice bed and breakfast. The breakfasts were tasty, with an entree and homemade baked goods and delicious in season fruit. The host made dinner recommendations and reservations for us and we credit him for our great dining experiences.

The room was comfortable and had a clean, modern bathroom. The only hiccup was that the room was not made up for us one day. The inn was full, and our trash was empty, but I suspect we were fogotten when it came to making our bed and tidying the bathroom, as it was done the previous day. A little thing, but that's what made me rate it as average.

The inn was not within walking distance of shopping or the theaters (unless one really likes to take long, long walks). The garden was very pretty and had cozy adirondack chairs to sit out and read. However, no wifi.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
York
Reviewed 18 August 2010

Stayed for 2 nights and the breakfasts were great and Bruce (proprietor) very friendly.
Breakfasts were really good, freshly made, superb quality.
Breakfast is fixed at 9am and if there are other guests then the table is shared and when we stayed we met some really nice friendly people.
Be warned that the 9am breakfast will not let you get away to explore before 10am, but as long as you have time then I would reccomend.
Our daughter is 12 yrs old and had a room to herself. It is a quiet place so probably not the best for younger children (lots of lovely art and antique furniture).
Niagara on the lake itself is charming and a great base for the falls, away from the hustle and bustle of Niagara itself.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family