“Perfect Fit!”

Williams Gate Bed and Breakfast Private Suites
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 8 November 2013

My husband and I took my mother to the Shaw Festival last month. We were all in agreement that nothing could have been better! My mom had found Williams Gate for our accomodations- the owner, Anka, made everything easy from beginning to end. She answered all of our questions when we made our reservation, and made arrangements to serve us a vegetarian breakfast (delicious food and exquisite presentation). We were able to check in upon arrival around 2 PM and she gave us a tour of our lodgings, a map, and suggestions for dinner and things to do. She was the ultimate hostess! Our accomodations were perfect for us- two bedrooms, living room, kitchen with table, frig and microwave, and bathroom. My husband and I easily made the walk to town, but it was a bit far for my mother so we drove (no problem with parking) when taking her along. Hope to go back next year!!!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 18 October 2013

We loved our 2 night stay with Anca as our hostess. Each morning she arrived with a beautiful and bountiful breakfast. She was so very helpful with things to do, restaurant recommendations and transportation. The bed was wonderful! Thanks for a lovely stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 September 2013

My husband and I with our mother in law wanted to go to the Shaw Festival Sunday (wonderful by the way) and decided to make a short holiday out of it. We were pleasantly surprised with the NOTL convenient location for the vineyards and other wide range of activities and places. Williams Gate B&B was a pearl !! Our own private apartment to share as a family was clean, attractive and with comfortable beds. Very elderly- friendly, that important to us. Anca is a wonderful hostess and can cook a most breath taking hot breakfast each morning is worth getting out of bed for. There is private parking- love it and a backyard with a gazebo to enjoy. We loved touring the vineyards we only previously new by name and bringing home a bottle to enjoy with supper in the evenings. The town is beautiful to wonder around. My personal favorite are the majestic trees and well loved gardens surrounding the homes of NOTL. My mother in law was in heaven and could rest anytime she wished. we look forward to our next trip. Thanks Anca

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 September 2013

First, Anca's breakfasts are delicious and most plentiful. Second, as two friends traveling to the Shaw Festival, we really appreciated that our room had two large, comfy beds. Third, our living room and the backyard gazebo were relaxing, pleasant, homelike places to relax with some wine and cheese. The hostess is friendly but not intrusive. We loved that she brought breakfast to our suite, enabling us to eat in our jammies and robes. You can get a suite on either the first or second floor. The only caution I would have is if you have difficulty with stairs, you might want to reserve the first floor as the stairs to the 2nd floor suite are very steep. We didn't mind them, but I can imagine that some folks might. We left our car in the driveway for the whole time we were there, but the walk might be a bit long for some: 4 blocks off Queen Street and a bit of a distance from there to the Festival Theatre. But a lovely walk during which you will pass charming homes and lovely gardens. We truly enjoyed our stay and fully intend to return.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 17 September 2013

My childhood friends came to visit me in Ontario. We wanted a location close to NOTL for the bike & wine experience but still had privacy to talk and come and go as we needed. Williams Gate is perfect! Clean, great food, quiet, friendly, comfortable beds...really...our own well appointed home to relax in and open up the local wine. Zoom bike rental was also excellent and only 2 blocks away. Walk to NOTL is minutes through beautifully landscaped streets. Thanks Anca -

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 September 2013

we just had a three night stay here for our 26th anniversary weekend. We've stayed at several bed and breakfasts during our 26 years and this was by far the best. It wasn't just a room, it was an apartment. It was spotless and had all the amenities of home. Anca is a wonderful hostess and a great cook. We had a private breakfast in our own kitchen each morning at the time of our choosing. We parked the car upon arrival and were able to walk to downtown within ten to fifteen minutes. Anca's attention to detail made this a perfect anniversary getaway. We're looking forward to coming back next year and hopefully staying longer. Also, we'll be sure to bring our bikes with us next time. Anca informed us that there is a bike trail that goes throughout town and to the falls.

Room Tip: We stayed in the upstairs one bedroom suite.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 August 2013

My family and I just returned from a 4 night stay here. I cannot say enough good things about this place. The owner, Anca, was friendly,helpful, and gracious. She made our stay top notch and was very sweet to my children (ages 11 & 9). I also must add that she is a tremendous cook and spoiled us with the most amazing breakfasts. She obviously takes great pride in her property and the two bedroom suite that we stayed in was exceptionally clean and lacked nothing. Furthermore, The town is peaceful and beautiful, with tons of flowers lining the streets,shops and restaurants. We were able to walk or bike everywhere from this bed and breakfast as it is centrally located to most attractions. I would not hesitate to return!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family