“I wish we could have stayed longer! ”

Maria's Bed and Breakfast
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I had our first b&b experience at Maria's and we would go back in a heartbeat! We were in Niagara on the lake for a wedding and stayed 2 nights with Kent and Nancy. From the moment we pulled into the driveway and were welcomed into the house we were put at ease. The house is big, clean, comfortable, and stylish. Kent makes the most amazing and delicious breakfasts, and fantastic home made cookies. We had a carafe of lemon water (with the perfect amount of lemon:water )waiting for us on arrival, along with bottled water, a kettle and coffee maker . The room was spacious, the bed was very comfortable, with soft sheets, plush towels, chocolates on our pillow... In short, luxury.

Kent was friendly and knowledgeable, and able to offer recommendations on restaurants and tours. They have a dog, Finnegan, a west highland terrier who is well behaved and adorable.

The location is a close 15 min walk to the historic town and a short drive from anywhere else.

I highly recommend Maria's b&b. I have a feeling we may be spoiled for any other b&b's we would go to in the future. However if we are back in NOTL we will go back to Maria's! I just hope it won't be all booked up for when we return :)

Olivia and Gilbert

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 7 July 2014

My husband and I were celebrating our anniversary in Niagara Wine Country and decided to opt for a B&B for this trip instead of a hotel. Well, weren't we the lucky ones? This is the first B&B we ever stayed at and we hit it out of the park. Maria's was the absolute perfect pick. The location was spot on, a short walk to all the stores on Queen Street and the house was gorgeous (I mean really stunning) and huge (you never feel like you are "over run" by other guests).

Kent was a charming host, wonderful chef and his attention to detail was appreciated. I came into the kitchen one evening and saw Kent making granola, mentioned I loved granola, and when we came back from dinner there was a platter with chocolate dipped fruits and nuts, a card thanking us.....and....you guessed it....a bowl of granola for me to try. There is also the smell of freshly baked cookies wafting through the air as Maria's has a cookie jar that is always filled with goodies.

Our room was spacious, immaculate and well-appointed. We were planning on going out for dinner the first night we were there and instead fell asleep....for 12 hours!!! That's how comfortable our bed was. Enjoyed wonderful breakfasts of croissants, pancakes, fresh fruit, bacon, sausages (he even had green tea on hand, my favourite). Kent is a wizard in the kitchen. He was also very helpful about local restaurants and sites.

Since staying at Maria's I have told all my friends, family and coworkers about this amazing B&B. We are definitely coming back....and bringing friends.

Thanks so much to Kent for your gracious hospitality.

1  Thank Susan S
Reviewed 6 July 2014

We stayed in the Laura Lynn suite which was spacious and very comfortable.
Kent and Nancy were very hospitable.
Kent's 2-course breakfasts provided a wonderful start to the day.
We were there for a birthday trip and were pleasantly surprised to see a lovely fresh fruit platter and a card, awaiting us in the room the next day.
We hope to return to Maria's B&B on our next trip to Niagara-on-the-lake!

Reviewed 27 June 2014

Spent two nights in June at Maria's. Excellent in every respect. The home is immaculate and is 'high end' in every way. Although not close to the Queen street shops and restaurants, (10-15 minutes) really everything in Niagara on the lake is easy to find. Breakfast was superb and Kent is a great host. Great location for visiting the wineries and within a 20 minute drive to Niagara Falls.
This is a 'must stay' place if you are looking for a comfortable and inviting place. We stayed in the suite which is very large and as others have said filled with amenities to make you feel at home. Already planning a return visit!

Reviewed 22 June 2014

My daughter and I just returned form our second visit to Maria's B&B and have determined it needs to be a yearly retreat. (Note treat in retreat) Lovely spacious room, easy to relax in house and atmosphere. I note the atmosphere because I have been staying in B&B's in Niagara on the Lake for the past 10 years and while most have been lovely there tends to be a cramped and over fussy tone in many of the places I've landed in. Kent has created a modern elegance that is friendly but also respectful of patrons space.
And the breakfast is perfect- the man knows what to do with fresh local ingredients.

Room Tip: All three are beautiful.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 May 2014 via mobile

We were so lucky to have found Maria's bb , the accommodation and hospitality are truly outstanding.
Kent and Nancy are first class hosts. You will never have eaten such a fantastic breakfast anywhere,Prepared by kent every morning.
The bedrooms are stylish, clean and above all the beds are very comfortable.
The lounges and outside space were a pleasure to use.
If you are going to Niagara on the lake do not miss the chance to stay with Kent and Nancy.
Not to stay here is like going to Niagara and missing the falls.
A wonderful week in a fabulous home.

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Just returned from my first time experience at a Bed & Breakfast and all I can say is "Wow"! The standard has been set! Kent and Nancy were wonderful hosts that made my sister and I feel truly welcome and comfortable. We stayed in the Tree Top room and I cannot believe how spacious it was, as well as filled with amenities to make our stay enjoyable.
The breakfast was outstanding and the outdoor fire-pit at night was so fun - thanks for a great mini getaway and we will be sure to return!!!

PS: Thank you again for our tasty fruit platter - we were sooooo happy after our 15km walk lol ;)

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family