“A most enjoyable evening”
Review of Tiara Restaurant

Tiara Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Tiara Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$51 - US$100
Cuisines: International
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Melville Street
Reviewed 17 August 2014

I am always worried about over priced hotel restaurants and boring food. This was a pleasant surprise. Knowledgeable waiter, he recommended duck and lamb. The chef was adventurous and the food was very good.portions were generous and our guest and my wife and I were totally satisfied.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,082)

Reviewed 14 August 2014

We have just had an excellent meal which we pre booked as staying at the Queens landing.
The service was first class and a special thank you to Jill who was charming and helpful and made our son very happy with a strawberry daiquiri ( Virgin) and a Canadian flag which she gave him, he was made to feel very special.
The food was really good and the wine list extensive.
We travel a lot and eat out often, both in the UK and overseas, we really enjoyed this meal and the welcome and service we recieved was the best.

Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

We went to the restaurant during our visit to Niagara on the lake. The view from the patio was very nice. But the service and food were terrible and this ruined all the impression. The waiters were veeery slow and unprofessional. We were waiting quite some time for the appetisers - meats plate. The meats were too salty and the bread/toasts provided with it, was so dry that we couldn't eat it without breaking the teeth so just left them on the plate.
For main course we asked for 2 medium well NY steaks . The wait was very long and we finally got only one plate. When asked the waiter where is the second one he said there was a mistake and went to order another one. By the time I got the stake my spouse almost finished his . Eating alone was not so pleasant and we shared all the time. The stakes were quite hard to chew. I ate many NY stakes in the past but this one was like rubber. Also there was quite a difference between the two medium well stakes we ordered. One was actually medium well but the other one all red in the middle and looked like rare. When I showed this to the waiter he didn't suggest to change it , cook it more or do any discount for inconvenience. He just told us that he will tell the cook, which I doubt he did.
My whole impression of the place was ruined. I will never go back there to eat, and will not recommend to anyone. It is a nice place to sit and have a drink while enjoying the view, but definitely not for eating.

1  Thank Nnaa a
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Shared a meal with visiting friends on the patio .Setting and ambience were excellent food service was good but the food was average and uninspired.Dissappointing after our past experiences with the Tiara .

Reviewed 9 August 2014

The Tiara Restaurant boasts a beautiful dining room with a lovely view. The service was attentive. The food was lacklustre. We both had fish dishes. I had Arctic Char which was billed as the 100-mile meal option (Really? Arctic Char in Lake Ontario?)
Our meals had very little flavour.
There are many good restaurants in NOTL - this is not one of them.

1  Thank Lisa S