“Diners Drive-ins and Dives should come here!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Butler's Bar & Grill
Price range: US$6 - US$11
Cuisines: Bar, Pizza, Pub, Canadian, American
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Groups, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Stop by for light fare, finger foods, burgers and sandwiches and not to mention the best wings and pizza in town! Play a game of pool or darts, or watch your favourite sports on one of our flat screen TVs. We are located next to the Colonel Butler Inn. Open year round. Delivery available.
Greeley, Colorado
“Diners Drive-ins and Dives should come here!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2013

Like others who have reviewed this place, we too wanted to get away from the higher priced restaurants in the tourist area, so we pulled out our gps and ended up here. Don't let outside of the building (pretty plain looking) discourage you, and don't let the noise once you get inside deter you. Sit down and check out the menu and you will soon be glad you stopped here...just as we were! I got the Philly cheesesteak sandwich with fries and a cold beer, and my wife got the meatball sandwich. All I can say is....OMG! Both sandwiches were delicious and more than filling. I'm a pretty big eater, and I could not finish mine. of course, it probably didn't help that I had to have a few bites of the meatball sandwich, but who's watching?? Also, the waitresses are very friendly and attentive to the customers. And whoever is doing the cooking.....keep up the great work!!!!

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Ryan M, Manager at Butler's Bar & Grill, responded to this review, 12 October 2013
Wow! Thank you so much for the great review. I'm thrilled to know you enjoyed everything while with us. We've often thought about Drive ins Diners and Dives because they focus on casual restaurants who work hard to make as much of their menu as possible from scratch, just like we do. Maybe you will see us on there one day! Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Niagara Falls
“Great food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2013

We live in Niagara Falls. We had some visitors from Toronto last week and decided to take them to NOTL for a visit. For lunch, we wanted to go to a casual place away from tourist area and reasonable pricing. Butler's Bar was a good choice. Our guests enjoyed the food especially the pizza. They said that it was the best pizza they ever had. The bartender went out her way to chat with us and made us feel welcome.Thank you Trish.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review. We do have many families that come through our doors looking for great food that is reasonably priced and I'm happy to know we didn't disappoint you when you did the same! Because of our games room, many kids often go and play video games while their parents can keep an eye on them and still have a chance to chat. I'm glad you enjoyed everything and hope to welcome you back again.
Toronto, Canada
“Good family spot”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2013

It's difficult to find a kid-friendly place to eat in Niagara on the Lake with good food but we found it here. Amazing burger and friendly staff. Definitely worth a visit to escape the white linens of other main street restaurants!

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review. We do welcome many families and I am happy to know that we impressed yours! We do also take great pride in how frosty cold our beers are served and I'm happy to know you noticed! Thanks again and we hope to see you soon.
Toronto
“Cold pints, great food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2013 via mobile

My kids and I stopped into Butler's bar in NOTL, and had a great meal. The kids loved the pizza and music, and I had a fresh and tasty salad (and a very icy beer!)
Overall a fantastic experience.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Ryan M, Manager at Butler's Bar & Grill, responded to this review, 24 August 2013
Thank you for your kind words. I'm so happy you enjoyed your experience at Butler's! Our pizza is definitely one of our best sellers and the games room is always incredibly popular with kids! We have been told we have the coldest beer in Niagara and I'm glad you enjoyed them nice and icey! Thank you again and we sincerely look forward to welcoming you back to Butler's the next time you and your family are looking for somewhere to enjoy some comfort classics!

Ottawa, Canada
“Great Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2013

Had a terrible experience at another 'locals' place while we visited Niagara (see other reviews) so was a littler leery about going to another one but we had 3 days in town and paying the normal high prices of most of the restaurants starts to hurt when there are supposedly great casual places to enjoy. Well, I am so glad we gave it another shot becuase Butler's restaurant was GREAT! We were served by a lovely girl (Carol, I think) who was friendly and attentive and was always around to check and make sure our drinks were full and that we were enjoying everything. We ordered the wings and a reuben sandwich. The wings were a huge and only .75c each (although I think it was a special they had on that day). My hubby ordered 10 which would have been at least a pound and a half for $7.50! The reuben was also delicious and fresh. I had mine with fries which were hot and delicious. Great comfort food, great service, GREAT PLACE! Thank you for restoring our belief that Niagara-on-the-Lake can have some great value restaurants where anyone can go and enjoy a delcious meal.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank G J
WOW! Thank you so much for the great review! We work very hard to try and make sure our guests feel well taken care of and I'm so glad you enjoyed the service. Cheryl (I think this is who you are referring to with 'Carol':)) is a great member of the team who enjoys the hospitality business and truly cares about the happiness of our guests. Thank you as well for the great feedback on our food! We recently changed kitchen managers and our new manager has created a wonderful new menu that features primarily hand made comfort food made with skill and fresh ingredients. The response has been wonderful and we are so glad you also enjoyed your food. We have also been lucky because our delivery service has given us the opportunity to bring our food to people who otherwise may not be able to make it to the restaurant. I will be sure to pass on your kind words and hope to be able to say hello the next time you are in Butler's. Have a wonderful day.