“Fantastic food-atmosphere not so great”

Butler's Bar & Grill
Price range: US$6 - US$12
Cuisines: American, Pizza, Canadian, Bar
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Delivery
Description: Stop by for light fare, finger foods, burgers and sandwiches and not to mention the best wings and pizza in town! Play a game of pool or darts, or watch your favourite sports on one of our flat screen TVs. We are located next to the Colonel Butler Inn. Open year round. Delivery available.
Reviewed 10 October 2013

My husband enjoyed the Best Reuben of his life. I had a Greek Salad to die for. But there was 1 waitress and two couples at tables plus about a dozen locals lining the bar. Once we had our food, the waitress never returned. We couldn't get our check. I felt a little uneasy as the locals really over-ran the area. It is a working class bar atmosphere - with extremely good food.

1  Thank Tonnatraveler
Ryan M, Manager at Butler's Bar & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2013

Dear Tonnatraveler,
Thank you for your important feedback. Although we do take great pride in making as much of our food from scratch and presenting the best pub menu available, we always want our team to be providing equally great service and I'm sincerely sorry you had to wait. I will be sure to talk to the team about the importance of supporting our great food with great service. Thank you again and I hope we can take even better care of you the next time you are in Niagara.

There are newer reviews for Butler's Bar & Grill

Reviewed 9 October 2013

Like others wanted to get away from the higher priced restaurants in the tourist area of the lake, the food is actually great. My husband had a Ruben sandwich and I had a steak and cheese philly steak, we also split an order of fried pickles. It seems to be a local hangout spot with a pool table area and sports news on the tvs. Priced very well for lunch time. Would recommend this other tourists to check out!!

Thank you so much for your feedback and I am so thrilled you enjoyed the food. The Reuben has always been one of my personal favourites (we have a secret ingredient that gives it our signature!) and the new Philly is also out of this world. Thanks again for the comments and I look forward to welcoming you back to Butler's the next time you feel like some great comfort classics.

Reviewed 1 October 2013

stopped in here for lunch. I had the monster burger and my wife ordered the 8 slice Cdn pizza. I could only eat half the order so had other half for supper. Pizza worked as planned for meals the next day.

That burger was a monster and excellent. Service was also good.

Even half of the monster burger is still pretty good! Thank you for your feedback and I'm so glad you enjoyed your meal at Butler's Grill. We hope to see you again the next time you want lunch and dinner with one order!

Reviewed 19 September 2013

While staying at the Best Western Colonel Butler Inn for business, I checked out Butler’s for lunch, as it is right next door, and I’ve been hankering for some good, honest pub food for a while. Butler’s did not disappoint.

The food was excellent. The garlic bread with cheese was actually smothered with cheese, as it should be (too few places actually put anything more than a sprinkling), and the portion was huge. I asked my server, Trish, if they could poutinize the fries that were coming with my burger, and they did so... again, smothered with cheesy goodness with a healthy dose of tasty gravy.

Trish is an excellent server: besides a great personality, she brought me exactly what I had ordered, exactly as I had ordered it. And, when she wasn’t serving me or other customers, she could be found cleaning around the bar/kitchen area. How many people would think to climb up and wipe any dust that may have accumulated on top of a fridge? Trish would.

Well done!

Thank you for your response. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your meal as we take great pride in our menu. Trish is also an amazing part of our team who truly cares about the happiness of our guests and I will be sure to pass along your kind words. Thanks again and I hope to welcome you back to Butler's in the future.

Reviewed 18 September 2013

Like others who have reviewed this place, we too wanted to get away from the higher priced restaurants in the tourist area, so we pulled out our gps and ended up here. Don't let outside of the building (pretty plain looking) discourage you, and don't let the noise once you get inside deter you. Sit down and check out the menu and you will soon be glad you stopped here...just as we were! I got the Philly cheesesteak sandwich with fries and a cold beer, and my wife got the meatball sandwich. All I can say is....OMG! Both sandwiches were delicious and more than filling. I'm a pretty big eater, and I could not finish mine. of course, it probably didn't help that I had to have a few bites of the meatball sandwich, but who's watching?? Also, the waitresses are very friendly and attentive to the customers. And whoever is doing the cooking.....keep up the great work!!!!

Wow! Thank you so much for the great review. I'm thrilled to know you enjoyed everything while with us. We've often thought about Drive ins Diners and Dives because they focus on casual restaurants who work hard to make as much of their menu as possible from scratch, just like we do. Maybe you will see us on there one day! Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back.