“Good hearty food”

Price range: US$6 - US$12
Cuisines: American, Pizza, Canadian, Bar
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Delivery
Description: Stop by for light fare, finger foods, burgers and sandwiches and not to mention the best wings and pizza in town! Play a game of pool or darts, or watch your favourite sports on one of our flat screen TVs. We are located next to the Colonel Butler Inn. Open year round. Delivery available.
Reviewed 29 October 2013

Friends from Mississauga chose this restaurant for lunch prior to us going to see Guys & Dolls at the Shaw Festival Theatre. They picked Butler's Bar & Grill after reading reviews on Trip Advisor. After reading the rave reviews, 4 of us decided on the Philly Steak & Cheese sandwich, some with Greek Salad and some with fries. First time I've had this sandwich and it was delicious. One of the others had the monster burger & managed to finish all of it.

We picked up the tab for all the drinks and my husband was impressed that 3 glasses of wine came to only $13.50. Beer was also reasonably priced. We would go back. I'd like to try some of the other sandwiches. The decor etc. is basic but then it's a very casual place - a little bit off the beaten track.

Ryan M, Manager at Butler's Bar & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2014

Thank you for your great comments! We see a lot of guests looking for great casual food join us prior to the theatre. I'm so glad you enjoyed everything and that you found value in our pricing. We hope to see you again the next time you are in Niagara.

Reviewed 15 October 2013

Appearances can be deceiving. A rather plain looking neighborhood bar, but what wonderful food! I had the house specialty, the steak and mushroom pie in a flaky crust. Reminded me of Guiness pie in Dublin. My husband had the burger special. He had a gigantic, quality meat burger with an entire bowl, not cup, of beef barley soup. We both loved our lunch experience here.

Wow is right! Thank you so much for such a wonderful review! We're thrilled to know you enjoyed everything. Our burgers are all made from scratch by hand and you should see the kitchen team building the steak pie! We grill the meat and onions, cook everything down in our home made sauce then top the bowl with a hand-rolled pastry top. Amazing on cold winter days (we've certainly had enough of those this winter:))! Thanks again and we hope to see you again at Butler's Grill!

Reviewed 10 October 2013

My husband enjoyed the Best Reuben of his life. I had a Greek Salad to die for. But there was 1 waitress and two couples at tables plus about a dozen locals lining the bar. Once we had our food, the waitress never returned. We couldn't get our check. I felt a little uneasy as the locals really over-ran the area. It is a working class bar atmosphere - with extremely good food.

1  Thank Tonnatraveler
Ryan M, Manager at Butler's Bar & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2013

Dear Tonnatraveler,
Thank you for your important feedback. Although we do take great pride in making as much of our food from scratch and presenting the best pub menu available, we always want our team to be providing equally great service and I'm sincerely sorry you had to wait. I will be sure to talk to the team about the importance of supporting our great food with great service. Thank you again and I hope we can take even better care of you the next time you are in Niagara.

Reviewed 9 October 2013

Like others wanted to get away from the higher priced restaurants in the tourist area of the lake, the food is actually great. My husband had a Ruben sandwich and I had a steak and cheese philly steak, we also split an order of fried pickles. It seems to be a local hangout spot with a pool table area and sports news on the tvs. Priced very well for lunch time. Would recommend this other tourists to check out!!

Thank you so much for your feedback and I am so thrilled you enjoyed the food. The Reuben has always been one of my personal favourites (we have a secret ingredient that gives it our signature!) and the new Philly is also out of this world. Thanks again for the comments and I look forward to welcoming you back to Butler's the next time you feel like some great comfort classics.

Reviewed 1 October 2013

stopped in here for lunch. I had the monster burger and my wife ordered the 8 slice Cdn pizza. I could only eat half the order so had other half for supper. Pizza worked as planned for meals the next day.

That burger was a monster and excellent. Service was also good.

Even half of the monster burger is still pretty good! Thank you for your feedback and I'm so glad you enjoyed your meal at Butler's Grill. We hope to see you again the next time you want lunch and dinner with one order!