“Outstanding Tasting Menu!”

Trius Winery Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Trius Winery Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$52 - US$153
Cuisines: European, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Groups, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Description: Hillebrand Winery Restaurant celebrates the relationship between our land, our people, our wines and our food. Chef Frank Dodd showcases locally inspired cuisine made with ingredients from the bounty of Niagara Wine Country, and Winemaker Craig McDonald pairs them with wines made from grapes that grow in the same soil. Extend your stay in Wine Country, and allow us to arrange a private tasting in our Collector's Boutique or another Winery Experience prior to your meal.
Reviewed 2 February 2014

My husband and I went to Trius for dinner on a Saturday night and had an AMAZING experience. The space was beautiful and romantic and the rain and snow outside only added to the ambience. The servers were knowledgable and attentive throughout the dinner.

We both did the $80 tasting menu and were not disappointed! Each course was creative and absolutely delicious! The portion sizes were perfect - substantial without being too large that you cannot get through the menu. We wish we could speak to the wine, but I'm very pregnant and my husband only had one glass or wine in solidarity.

There were larger groups and the space allowed you to feel like you had enough space and privacy. It was 100% worth the money and I cannot wait to go back again for a special occasion.

Reviewed 9 January 2014

On Stone Rd., (Highway 55) mid-way from the QEW to Niagara on the Lake, the sprawling Trius Winery at Hillebrand (owned by Peller Estates) is a convenient stop for both wine and food. My wife and I discover that Executive Chef Frank Dodd Frank devotes meticulous attention to detail in the kitchen. The presentation of each dish is as high-quality as is the taste, and our capable server, Anthony, expertly describes each and every ingredient. We soon discover also that the restaurant rating moves up a considerable notch when the savoury food is skillfully paired with Aussie winemaker Craig McDonald's (Ontario Winemaker of the Year in 2008) zesty wines. Craig admits, "Niagara's my kitchen, and like all good Australians, I went on walkabout, but never returned."

We start on a light note with Trius sparkling wine and a bowl of lollipops: yellow coloured ice-cream and carrot, pink macaroons and orange marshmallows enjoyed in a relaxed upscale setting, listening to soothing, soft jazz and gazing out large banks of windows, revealing multiple rows of grapes protected by the Niagara Escarpment under a lovely blue sky. Behind us is a glass-encased wine cellar, the symmetrical horizontal vintages serving as décor. Idyllic? Yes, indeed! All that is missing is a few fluffy sheep.

Soon, a variety of homemade, delicious breads arrive with butter infused with red wine and sea salt. My spouse and I are sure to soon join the 12-step program! For starters, she orders Spring Vine Tomato and Sweet Pepper Bisque - Sweet Tomato Salad and Fresh Buffalo Mozzarella paired with the Artist Series 'Limited Edition' Pinot Gris 2011. The soup is poured around the salad by Anthony. I order East Coast Diver Scallop - Confit Maple Pork Bacon and Sweet Pea Ravioli Apple, Bacon and Raisin Dressing paired with Trius Dry Riesling 2011. Both wine and starters are terrific.

For our main course, my spouse selects the Trius Rib Eye Burger - Maple Peameal Bacon, Blue Haze Cheese, Spring Cabbage Slaw Hand Cut Truffle Fries and House Ketchup paired with Trius Cabernet Sauvignon 2011, and I select Nova Scotia Salmon Fillet - Lobster and Scallop Sausage, Spring Asparagus, Dill Potatoes, Golden Beets and Hick's Greens paired with Trius Rose 2011. Both are superb. The Prix Fixe Menu is $38 with Wine Pairings at $25.

For dessert, we split the Spring Rhubarb and Apple Crumble-Ginger Cream, Rhubarb and Oat Sandwich paired with sweet Vidal Icewine 2010. Yum!

Reviewed 8 January 2014

My wife and I had an excellent if over-priced lunch at Trius. We shared 2 outstanding dishes: a charcuterie platter and an incredible dish of mushrooms with an onion-ice wine jam. The service was efficient and the ambience bordering on elegant. Nice experience.

Reviewed 2 January 2014

Along with friends, my wife and I had lunch at the Trius Winery Restaurant in Niagara-on-the-lake on Dec.30, 2013
A wonderful experience in a quality dining room featuring a fine menu, delicious food, attentive service and a pleasant ambience.
We will visit again.

Reviewed 13 December 2013

This place is surreal in the decor, food, ambiance... You need to ask for a vegetarian lunch (or dinner) and they will provide. Check out the photo I took. It looks like a professional pic and it was just little old me enjoying every minute. Can't speak highly enough. Bonus: they have a winter offer with a Wine Country Touring pass until March 2014. Guaranteed delight. Do I dare ask for a vegan lunch next time?