“very helpful”

Franklin Motel, Tent & Trailer Park
Ranked #16 of 26 Hotels in North Bay
Reviewed 16 October 2013

I forgot some camera memory card and hotel mailed it to me right away. accommodating about cleaning rooms, clearing garbage, and supplying fresh towels for me and my elderly parents for both our rooms. They worked with our schedule and came with 2 or 3 family members when asked to clean our room at our convenience. Very friendly staff.Hotel is located right across the street from several very nice beaches and close to shopping and grocery store, and you could walk to Tim Horton's for your morning coffee.

Room Tip: Ask for room with sliding glass doors for a view of the pool
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 11 October 2013

I can recommend this Motel. It´s clean, has spacious rooms (double) and very friendly staff. The breakfast is good (not excellent) and even after the schedule they gave me breakfast. The pool was not in use - october?
BTW: I found the cache in the park!

Room Tip: I just know the double, but this is good!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 September 2013

I thought this motel was great. I love these little mom and pop businesses, They actually care about you. The rooms were spotless, they weren't cheap with the shampoo, soap, towels or anything for that matter. You have all the luxaries of home including free wifi.
There is also a continental breakfast and a pool and outdoor park if you have children. I will without a doubt stay here next time I'm in north bay.

Rev.J.C.E.Dr.Div.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 20 August 2013

The rooms are very small and bathroom even smaller. I don't know about the double rooms but mine was a single. The bed was small and older mattress was a sleepless nite . There where burn holes in the comforter even though it's a non-smoking room. The room was rundown at least the first one they gave me. After refusing to stay in it, they showed me another room it was ok, but not much better. Also when I showed up, I book through Booking.com but the sign at the front desk showed a 10 dollar a night cheaper rate. They wouldn't give me that do to booking on the internet. Would I stay again answer is no.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank northwolverine
Reviewed 7 August 2013

Great Accomdation with Family enviorment. I stayed couple of time and I never feel, I am away from my home. Its like Home away Home.Fresh Breakfast, clean pool, sanitize rooms. Great Location for camping and for relaxing.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 3 August 2013

After a week of camping I would have been happy with almost any accommodation...except the Franklin. The "free" WiFi didn't work unless I sat in the motel office. The bathroom was flooded...maybe recently hosed down or maybe the toilet was flooding. All the fixtures needed to have been replaced 15 years ago. I am not a particularly picky traveler but this place is one to go way out of your way to avoid.

Room Tip: Avoid room #12!!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 July 2013

Many renovations, proper power for the trailer was great! This campsite needed many things, the new owners are making much progress and are great people to deal with. Washrooms and pool very clean. I will be visiting for many years to come!

• Stayed: July 2013