“Good facilities for fitness”

Best Western North Bay Hotel & Conference Centre
Ranked #5 of 26 Hotels in North Bay
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 24 December 2013

This hotel Has a swimming pool, hot tub and sauna. But breakfast is not included. -Good facilities for fitness - Staff is helpful. -Location is close to a park for viewing sunset -No paper/ink for the printer in the Business center

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
GSMBWNB, General Manager at Best Western North Bay Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 26 December 2013

Thank you for the review, sorry about the lack of paper in the business centre. Will have someone correct that, with the holidays we must have missed checking.

There are newer reviews for Best Western North Bay Hotel & Conference Centre

Reviewed 19 December 2013

Stayed at this hotel over Thanksgiving weekend Oct.11-14/13.Had joining room on first floor with son, wife & grandson 1 year old.Saturday afternoon we gave our grandson his birthday gifts.One was a batmobile car with voice.We put his car on top of his gift bag in our room.Sunday morning when we went to retrieve the car for him to play with, it was gone!
I wore diamond studded (zircon) earrings to dinner Saturday evening & took them off & put them in a cosmetic bag, in the bathroom, before we all headed down to the pool. Sunday morning, I noticed the earrings were missing from the cosmetic bag!
A new prescription inhaler for my allergies that was in my cosmetic bag was also gone. None of these items ever showed up in our belongings & it has been two months since our stay.
When I notified the manager of these missing items she said: maybe it was my packing, someone left our door open to the room, maybe we let a stranger in,never had this happen before, trustworthy staff etc.She stated the only keys used to enter our room were our two keys, but we only took one key with us at anytime!.She also said we had a do not disturb sign on our door all weekend.This is incorrect as well, as my husband put the notice on our sons room when they were resting. I felt very uncomfortable the rest of our stay, as I believe staff was in our room going through our belongings when we were all at the pool.
We were never offered reimbursement for the missing items, nor compensation for the uncomfortable stay!

Room Tip: Don't stay on the first floor! Staff can easily see you come & go. Easier for something to b...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
GSMBWNB, General Manager at Best Western North Bay Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 22 December 2013

Dear Claudia, thank you for your review...we have been in contact on and off since your stay. We have check the key security system and only your guest keys where used. Check both rooms and the items had not been left in the rooms.

Reviewed 15 December 2013

The staff were excellent at this location. Very welcoming and helpful in getting us change for laundry, and getting me into the fitness centre when I couldn't figure out the door. The room was fairly standard, but clean and well kept.
The hotel has a lot of good amenities given it's size. The fitness area was decent, and the pool, while older, looked clean and a good size. The coin laundry facilities were great at this point in our trip, and not something every motel has. The location wasn't great- not in town, and not to near the highway either, but there was a grocery store not too far down the street along with a restaurant and bar in the hotel itself. Overall, a good spot to spend a night when traveling through town.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
GSMBWNB, General Manager at Best Western North Bay Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2013

Thank you very much for the wonderful comments about our staff and facilities.

Reviewed 14 December 2013 via mobile

I dont recommend this hotel to anyone. My sons hockey team booked a block of rooms and had nothing but grief. We had complaints about our kids playing in our room at 3 on the afternoon. The hotel staff harassed us non stop threatened that we would have to pay for other guests rooms. Please if you need to book a room in north bay do not book here it is not kid friendly.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Thank you JJ Dad, I am sorry that you feel this way, we have had teams for years staying with us as well as having other clients in the hotel we try to accommodate all of the needs such as the pool for children to play in, we only ask that guest respect each other when it comes to a comfortable stay with our hotel.

Reviewed 13 December 2013

My gfs family lives in North Bay and this is where we always stay..I have stayed here 3 times I believe. Rooms are good, pool and hot tub work, and lobby is nice looking. Be sure to check out the onsite restaurant as it is not to be missed.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
GSMBWNB, General Manager at Best Western North Bay Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2013

Thank you Byron, I would agree with you that our Farina's has been rated highly by Tripadvisor and by locals. See you on your next visit to the area.

Reviewed 11 December 2013

Room was comfortable and even though the hotel was sold out, it was very quiet. The bed was perfectly comfortable with nice, newer bedding. The Bathroom and furnishings were a little dated but clean. It was close to amenities. Overall, A good value. Would stay here again.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
GSMBWNB, General Manager at Best Western North Bay Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2013

Thank you very much Debbie for the wonderful comments that I will share with our team.

Reviewed 10 November 2013

I cannot remember every hotel. We have been moving and visiting our children. I counted on Best Western to keep track of my stays for points. In fact I requested that every time I checked in. We are Best Western card holders and always stay in one when we travel, as we have done a lot this year. We like Best Western and have never been seriously disappointed. I expected your office to record the stays.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
GSMBWNB, General Manager at Best Western North Bay Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2013

Thank you Glenna for your comments and feed back regarding your rewards.