“Seriously awesome buns”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Seriously awesome buns”
Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

Fantastic fresh food but above all try the steamed buns. All the food was really good and the owner was exceptionally gracious.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Gobsmacked1

“A delightful surpirse”
Reviewed 4 November 2013

I have been to the dinner buffet, but the lunch buffet is one of the best I have had anywhere. The choices are many and each item is cooked to perfection, not the usual fare we seem to get in Northern Ontario. The quality of each item is excellent, especially the dumplings and the steamed custard buns (they are not for desert, just ask the owner - Elaine). Service is jus right and the price is excellent, I return again and again!

• Visited October 2013
3 Thank Lorna R
“A nice suprise!”
Reviewed 5 October 2013

I am not a fan of Buffets, especially Chinese ones, mainly because the food tends to be warm but not hot. This is why I had avoided this new restaurant in town for so long. What a nice surprise to find a large buffet with plenty of different options and all of it nice and HOT!
Some of the food was very good and some was so-so, but there is enough selection that my friends and I all came away happy and full. I will be back for sure!

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank davidevanjones
North Bay, Canada
“Great food! Great Value!”
Reviewed 1 October 2013

Completely stumbled on this restaurant. I actually never realized it was there all the times I drove by. My friend and I went there for dinner. First reaction when we walked in was surprise at how few people were there. My initial thought was that the place must not be that good. Was I ever wrong!
The restaurant is clean and the service was fast. The buffet is not overly long compared to Kings Buffet, but the food is always fresh and the selection was great! I found at places like Kings Buffet, the food wasn't good as it sat so long. Not the case at Koi.
I would recommend this place to anyone.

• Visited September 2013
4 Thank mgoldade
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good Food, Good Prices”
Reviewed 19 June 2013

I have been here several times already since its opening. Fair prices less than 10$ for all you can eat lunch buffet, the food is always warm and they actually have different items instead of the same stuff all the time. the kitchen is clean and so is the dining area which is a little dim. Have not tried their Dinner Buffet or Menu Items but they seem reasonably priced. Will be going back.

• Visited June 2013