“A Great New Restaurant in North Bay” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #9 of 164 Restaurants in North Bay
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats, Groups
Corbeil, Canada
“A Great New Restaurant in North Bay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2014

The old Del Mar is no more!!! The restaurant has been given a new lease on life with a Thai inspired menu. The two dishes we ordered were absolutely delicious. The Mango Fish Delight was so flavourful and the fish was light and flaky. The Peanut Curry had just the right amount of heat. The coconut ice cream for dessert was also delicious. The cost for the meal for two with a soup, main course, dessert, a tea and a glass of wine was right around $80. Most of the entrees are priced between 14-20 dollars. The service was superb. We will definitely be going back to sample more of the menu.

• Visited February 2014

North Bay, ON
“Hurray for more traditional ethnic cuisine in North Bay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2014

Coming from Toronto, I've had my fair share of delicious ethnic cuisine. I was excited when I saw that "The Thai Palace" was opening and hoping that it would be traditional. I was very surprised and pleased. I've been back here several times and gotten take out as well. I've had a number of things off of the menu and found it to be very true to traditional Thai food, always hot, fast and just delicious. The atmosphere is lovely and the waiters/waitresses are always pleasant. They have a great lunch menu and will deliver. We need more of these places. Weekday/work day restaurants that deliver are hard to come by in NB. Definitely recommend!

• Visited January 2014
North Bay, Canada
“Was so disappointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2014 via mobile

I had been looking forward to trying this place since it opened. I got a gift certificate for Xmas and was really excited. We ordered pad Thai, spring rolls and the Thai salad. The spring rolls were very greasy. The pad Thai tasted very fishy and the salad was soaked in dressing and very soggy. I was so disappointed. I hope they consider putting dressing on the side for future customers especially when you put that much dressing in a salad.

“Wonderful food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2014 via mobile

I have dined here twice and both times the food has been wonderful! A great addition to restaurants in north bay. The food is beautifully presented and tastes just as good! The spice level is just right. Its not a huge place and both times we have made reservations and were seated right away. Service is great and quick! The decor is very nice. One of our new favorite places to dine!

• Visited January 2014
North Bay, Canada
“Authentic and delicious experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2014

The sheer selection of foods is great, and you could literally try a new item every time you come in if you liked. Fresh vegetables and generous portions for main dishes are awesome, and they have flavourful sauces mixed in or in addition to their dishes. That said, it is a little expensive, however if you go in for lunch (which I think is from 11 AM until 3 PM?) you'll get a small soup, an egg roll and a selection of one of ten dishes for only $10 which is pretty great. The service staff are knowledgeable, prompt and friendly, always ready to bring more water to your glass. I recommend trying the hot and sour soup at least once, if you like spicy things. I'm also quite fond of their creamy Thai iced tea.
My only complaint would be slightly pricey items (you have to buy rice in addition to most meals instead of it being complementary) and the general lack of good dessert items that tend to plague most Asian restaurants, but otherwise I quite like it. The decor is also extremely tasteful.

• Visited November 2013