“Poor Choice”

Price range: US$0 - US$102
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 4 March 2014

This guy knows who has the expense accounts and he caters to them like no ones business. Schmoozes the ones he thinks has the bucks but doesn't care about anyone else. Went there on our 25th anniversary, ordered the most expensive thing on the menu, two bottles of his signature wine and when he said he would bring the bill and we responded, "no hurry", his response was "I am in a hurry". Haven't been back since. Very, very pricey!

4  Thank Kerry C

Reviewed 18 February 2014

Churchill's is a very nice upscale restaurant. Not what I would usually pick but we were staying at the Sunset Inn on a snowmobile trip and this was right across the street. The lounge was very nice but they had just finished renovations and didn't have any beer on tap yet. The dinner was very good but I felt it was overpriced - but I really don't like to spend $30 or more on a meal and everything was over $30 with the prime rib special coming in at $29. Our party of 6 all chose the prime rib and it was done very well to everyone's order - from rare to well. Service was excellent. If you are looking for an upscale, high end meal - this is the place!

Reviewed 2 January 2014

This is a top notch restaurant. The decor is very rich and inviting.Great food well served by very pleasant staff. They have an extensive menu from which to choose from.

1  Thank Guy W
Reviewed 1 November 2013

I don't travel very often to North Bay so it had been about ten years since I was last there. Some Tripadvisor reviews suggested Churchill's had slipped in recent years. From my perspective it's as good as ever. We were three for dinner and all three meals were excellent.

Two of us had the $50 special. I started with a tasty hearts of romaine Caesar salad. My entree was a perfectly grilled sirloin steak with shrimp and potatoes au gratin. Dessert was a scrumptious chocolate chip cookie with ice cream. One friend had the same special but started with a fresh green salad and beef ribs for the main. My other friend had the prime rib. it's still a house specialty and deservedly so.

The ambiance is still great. The service was top notch. Is it a pricey place to eat? Yes, but the value justifies the price. From my perspective Churchill is still tops in North Bay.

Reviewed 27 October 2013

Enjoyed a fantastic meal celebrating my sweetie's birthday. Service and food were awesome!

We had tenderloin with lobster tails and an escargot (which was so nicely done with a great sauce) topping it off with a Chocolate cake that was double sweet.

Highly recommend this restaurant to everyone who lives in North Bay or who is visiting our great city.