“A solid 3.5, Cecil's is a good time!”

Cecil's Brewhouse & Kitchen
Ranked #25 of 165 Restaurants in North Bay
Price range: US$5 - US$24
Cuisines: Barbecue, Canadian
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Buffet, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Toronto, Canada
“A solid 3.5, Cecil's is a good time!”
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Cecil's Eatery and Beer Society provides twenty-something's and early thirty year old somewhere nice to grab some pub fare and listen to some live music. The pub fare was good, reasonably priced and adequately portioned. The sever, Kyla, was just learning her job so service was a little on the slow side but you could tell she was trying. Cecil's feels like it's a part of the community. It supports the Battalion, which I was up in North Bay watching a game. With my ticket stub, I received 10% off my meal. This type of small town ways really makes the whole experience endearing. Though my one complaint is that there was supposed to be a $5.00 cover charge at Cecil's. Well, there were some food looking girls right behind us so the bouncer tells them that if they enter by the club next door called "The Zoo" they could walk right into Cecil's Eatery and Beer Society for free. We did that, so no cover charge, but it really seems like a waste of time. Both places should co-ordinate their cover charge times rather than it look so stupid! I would recommend Cecil's Eatery and Beer Society for good pub fare, drinks and good live music while in North Bay. You will enjoy your night here!!

• Visited April 2014

Guelph, Ontario
“Good Club Sandwich and Excellent Service”
Reviewed 30 September 2013

On Sept 19, 2013 we went out with friends for a late night snack. I was impressed with the atmosphere. I ordered the club sandwich and it was good. My partner ordered the potato skins and she enjoyed them. Our other friend ordered the beef sliders and he said they were very good. And finally the other member of our party ordered the butternut squash soup and salad. She did not like the taste of the soup and it was exchanged for the potato bacon soup which she said was very good. The salad was just ok. Service was excellent. I would recommend this restaurant.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank goldenboy1947
North Bay, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The pickerel isn't pickerel”
Reviewed 10 September 2013

We were meeting some folks for an informal business meeting and decided to go early and have supper. As supporters of local food we were going to order the pickerel, figuring that it would be from the Ontario fishery (or at least Lake Winnipeg). It was zander, a European relative of the Canadian walleye/pickerel. Having had problems with product substitution for pickerel in other eateries, we made a point of asking our server whether it was the real thing. She didn't know but asked the manager, who revealed that it was the European critter. We had a short, polite conversation about the laws concerning labelling and suggested they visit the Canadian Food Inspection Agency website and download a copy of their legal trade names for fish.

We ordered something else off the menu. It was fine. The server was great through the whole business. It seemed a bit unusual that the manager remained invisible through the whole exchange, given that a complaint to the CFIA would have resulted in an inspection of his/her operation.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Sander v
Columbus, Ohio
“Good Food, Cold Beer, Wonderful Staff”
Reviewed 26 July 2013

On our way into Quebec on a fishing trip we overnighted in North Bay and scoped-out Cecil's as our destination for dinner before we left Ohio. In short, we had a great time and enjoyed some great food and service while we were there. We sat outside which was fine even though the shad flies were flying about (early-July). Our waitress was so friendly and attentive that I wished she'd sat down and enjoyed our dinner with us...just like an old friend you haven't seen in a while. We asked the favor of taking home a few glasses for souvenirs and Cecil's accommodated us without question. We all had something completely different for dinner, and everyone agreed their food was excellent. If you're passing through North Bay or staying there for any time at all, hit Cecil's for a good meal, a cold brew, and some friendly service.

• Visited July 2013
3 Thank Todd R
North Bay, Canada
“Great atmosphere, location and service”
Reviewed 5 June 2013

Went in for a Sunday brunch with my parents last weekend. First time I'd eaten here (aside from late night deep fried bar menu stuff) and I have to say I am very happy with the whole experience. We were greeted by the staff almost immediately, and seated right away. The place was busy enough but still we were taken care of quickly and very professionally. We had a mix of menu items, I really enjoyed the prime rib omelette and roasted potatoes. The bread was awesome too. There were other things you could have like perogies, salads, waffles. Regular brunch type stuff. Both of my parents, who are very picky eaters, really enjoyed the waffles they had. We would definitely come back here for brunch, and I'll be back for sure to try their burgers which I've been told I have to try.

• Visited May 2013