“Okay Breakfast”

Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Recently went to Sunnyside for breakfast on Sunday because I was too tired to make breakfast myself and just wanted to sit down and relax.

I ordered The Biggie special - 2 eggs, 2 sausages, 2 bacon, 1 ham, 2 french toast, 2 toast and potatoes. The sausages were good and the eggs I got sunny side up were alright, little undercooked. The bacon was too crispy for my liking but okay none the less.

The french toast came with two pieces and some cinnamon on them. It was undercooked because it was far too chewy. Should have sent it back too and the syrup I would have preferred heated up too. Even the toast was probably sitting out and soggy already because when we took our first bites, more chewiness.

Server had no personality, just going through the routine and seemed like she did not want to be there and I don't like that. I like a server who engages me and takes a genuine interest in their own position.

I would probably not come back unless things changed.

1  Thank OakvilleGuy91

Reviewed 21 May 2014

This used to be my favourite breakfast place and after a year, I went back with my family and it was very disappointing. It took them 20 minutes to acknowledge us at the front entrance and then the waitress, rather than cleaning the table, instructed us to sit at a table where there were dirty dishes and said she would, "get to it in a few minutes." We requested to be seated once there was a clean table available, as we have two small children in our party. My bacon tasted really funny, as if it was cooked in stale grease. After waiting for a long time, we finally got our order and it took just as long to get our bill. We will be "brunching" in other places around town rather than coming back here.

2  Thank the_zoozies
Reviewed 22 April 2014

This is a nice spot for breakfast. The quantity of food is great. However there isn't much finesse. I would rather have a smaller portion and more quality. It's like a truck stop not Pickle Barrel. However if your hungry, it's the place to go. I went for brunch and yes I was full but it missed the mark for presentation. It's reasonably prices for a solid breakfast but really no frills. The service was fantastic with a very happy friendly staff. I probably will not go back. I'd rather pay a little more and get something more upscale.

1  Thank Marilyn K
Reviewed 4 February 2014

This resturaunt is a nice breakfast spot, to the person writing the negative reviews below, please get ur facts right before posting anything, disgruntled employees are a dime a dozen so don't condone something you apparently know nothing about.

1  Thank highvoltag
Reviewed 29 January 2014

if you are wondering why, do a search on twitter in Oct/Nov... food is ok but, I will not be going in there ever again