“Nice and comfortable hotel”

Holiday Inn Oakville Centre
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Oakville
Reviewed 29 September 2013

My friend and I stayed only one night on August , we had an outside room, with a view of the street.
The room was nice, very spacious, clean and comfortable. The bathroom had amenities (Body lotion, shampoo and soap from Bath &Body Works).
The wifi was fast and I had a good reception from my room.
The only bad thing was the shower didn´t have hot water on the night, when I tried to calll the receptionist about the problem, nobody aswered it.
But the next day in the morning I didn´t have a problem.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Patty_T_S
HolidayInnOakville, General Manager at Holiday Inn Oakville Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2013

Dear Patty_T_S
Thank you very much for your 4 star view on our hotel. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. My apologies for the situation you experienced with the hot water. I checked our records and do not show any records of problems with hot water. I am glad that the hot water was available for the morning. We look forward to welcoming you back. Regards Gino Zambito – General Manager

Reviewed 16 September 2013

Booked the Holiday Inn on Expedia while staying for a hockey tournament in Hamilton. Arrived at about 8 PM on Saturday night and got our room. The room, while acceptable, had no window to the outside, but only a sliding door into the hallway with the elevator doors right across. I called the front desk and asked if there would be a room with a window and was told no. Then they called back with and option to upgrade to and executive floor and a room with a window for $15, which I declined. The black out shade for the window wouldn't close the whole width, so a foot wide width of sheer open to the elevator lobby was open all night. Thankfully we were staying only one night. Totally bush league.

Room Tip: Insist on a room with a window to the outside.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
HolidayInnOakville, General Manager at Holiday Inn Oakville Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2013

Dear Traveler,
Thank you for providing feedback on your recent stay. We do have a number of different types of accommodation available which can be chosen at the time of booking. I noticed that the night you stayed we did have limited availability and thus the number of choices was also limited. We have also corrected the blackout drapes so that they may close fully. It appeared that the last clip on the black out was stuck not causing it to close fully. Please feel free to reach out to me for your next stay so we can ensure we can secure your preferred room type. Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Oakville. Regards Gino Zambito – General Manager

Reviewed 7 September 2013 via mobile

Another great night spent at the Holiday Inn in Oakville (Argus). Hotel is clean and fresh. Last time I was here I had a room overlooking the in door pool which made for a noisy morning. This time I had an outside room and it was a lot better.

• Stayed: September 2013

Dear kmsultan
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Holiday Inn (Argus) again. It’s our goal to have our guests return when revisiting the area. We were very happy to have you back. I was glad to see that our suggestion of the outside room made your stay more enjoyable and noise free. Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn @ Trafalgar and we look forward to your next visit. Regards Gino Zambito – General Manager.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

My husband and I stayed here over the labour day weekend for 3 days. It is a very nice hotel. The front desk staff are very friendly whether at the desk or when you see them in the hallways. The hotel is very tastefully decorated. Lots of free parking, a bonus. I really enjoyed my stay there.

Room Tip: We stayed in the one bedroom suite very large and nicely decorated.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Dear debbie k
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback on your recent stay. I was very happy to hear your 3 day stay was enjoyable. Our one bedroom suite is the most sought after room, due to the extra space and amenities provided. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit. Regards Gino Zambito – General Manager

Reviewed 26 August 2013

Stayed at this hotel after a concert in Toronto. It was a short 5 minute walk to the GO Train Station which was a big plus.

I don't expect much when travelling, just a friendly hello and a clean room. When we checked in, one of the staff looked at us then proceeded to ignore us. The girl that actually helped us did not welcome us and we felt as if we were bothering her by being there. Had interactions with two other front desk staff members during our stay just to ask a quick question and not one of them was friendly or made us feel welcome. I have to conclude that this is a management problem since the staff are not trained in basic hospitality. (It's not that hard to smile and say hello right?)

The room was clean but felt dated and the beds were hard and not comfortable. The internet was fast and we had no problems with it.

Breakfast was the best part of our stay with fresh fruit that was really good. The dining room staff were amazing and so friendly. Maybe they could train the front desk staff.

Because of the staff interactions we had, and the uncomfortable beds, we would never stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
HolidayInnOakville, General Manager at Holiday Inn Oakville Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2013

Dear Joelhalo
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback on your recent stay. I would like to apologize for the cold reception you received and assure you that this is not the norm. As you can read from many of the other reviews our staff usually score very high. Definitely something we will review with the staff as I agree this is basic hospitality. I hope you will give us the opportunity to be of service to you again on your future stays. Please feel free to contact me directly on your next visit so I can assist in the reservation process and ensure we will extend a warm welcome. Regards – Gino Zambito – General Manager.

Reviewed 16 August 2013

This is the 3rd time I've stayed at this property and I've got to say its a gem. The rooms are very spacious and new, with very classy furnishings. The pool was warm (not sure if its heated) which was perfect for my kids. The internet signal was strong (watched netfix, no delays), and the service was free so I've got nothing to complain there. The staff was accommodating and very helpful. When I asked for dining options, aside from the restaurant they had (which was also excelent, I've tried it before on my previous stay), the General Manager went out of his way to suggest some places, and even made a booking for us. On our way out, he also asked us how the dinner went, simply caring and great follow up. Its our hotel of choice whenever we visit Toronto. Totally recommend it.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
HolidayInnOakville, General Manager at Holiday Inn Oakville Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2013

Dear Fernando M.
Thank you for scoring the Holiday Inn Oakville @ Trafalgar with a 5 star rating. Your recommendation to other travelers gives our readers the assurance that they have chosen the right place to make reservations. Holiday Inn is a family hotel and many of our guests choose our hotel because they can see that our staff care and they aim higher. We are thrilled to have you back for your 3rd visit and look forward to welcoming you back. Sincerely – Gino Zambito – General Manager.

Reviewed 14 August 2013

We stayed here for three nights in early August, and it was a pleasure. The rooms were clean and comfortable, overlooking the indoor "courtyard", and the service was great. Breakfast was not included, but could be purchased for about $11 for adults, and kids ate free! They also had a pool which was heated, of medium size. The hotel was right across from Oakville Place (a mall) and walking distance from the center of Oakville.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
HolidayInnOakville, General Manager at Holiday Inn Oakville Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2013

Dear Vihelmina H
Thank you for taking time to share your experience with future travelers that are looking for accommodations in the Oakville area.. Our location, product and service are the three strengths that most of our guests tell us are the reasons that they keep coming back. We hope you enjoy the rest of your summer and look forward to your next visit when visiting from Belgium.