“One night stay off the train”

Holiday Inn Oakville Centre
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Oakville
Hull
“One night stay off the train”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2013

We stayed at the Holiday Inn for 1 night as we needed a hotel convenient to the Oakville amtrak station for a stopover on our USA & Canada trip and this certainly fitted the bill being only a 5 minute walk away. Rooms were pleasant, clean and spacious with friendly staff on reception. Breakfast selection was good. The hotel is very convenient if you are travelling along the freeway to Toronto or beyond.
Recommended for the overnight traveller requiring a corporate hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
HolidayInnOakville, General Manager at Holiday Inn Oakville Centre, responded to this review, 26 October 2013
Dear Hull,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review on our hotel. I was very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you found our staff members were accommodating and friendly. Our location is regularly commented by many of our guests as being convenient and makes choosing our hotel that much easier. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day and our chefs work hard to ensure its fresh with a good selection. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next stopover. Regards Gino Zambito – General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Hoover
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013

OK I lost the man from Pakistan's card--who pulled a double as he was there when I arrived late 11:30 pm and left the next day around 11am. He gave me one of the fresh baked chocolate cookies they bake for stayers. He was very pleasant and professional and even tried to sign me up for the rewards programs doing his job pushing the hotel network and possible advantages---Weird, as a traveling salesman, I appreciate this as basically no one tries to do that in my travels and I would relate this as doing my job. I would want this guy working for me.

Cookies aside this is a nice hotel--unlike the Toronto version not as an elaborate work outwork room and smaller pool. This one does have a frig in your room-community microwave downstairs-service is more pleasant. Little things if you read my Toronto Airport H I review the really cheap toilet paper and tissues were a knock plus the no conditioner to go with shampoo--this H I covers those minor things better-- the same chain but this one spent the extra $0.50 on better products for the benefit of it's stayers.

OK clean nice room--good service--bottom line I recommend.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
HolidayInnOakville, General Manager at Holiday Inn Oakville Centre, responded to this review, 24 October 2013
Dear foodmarc15
Thank you very much for the taking the time to write your review on your stay. I was very happy to hear about how impressed you were with the staff and the cleanliness of your room and our amenities. I will share your comments with the staff member involved, as such kind words goes a long way. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit. Regards Gino Zambito – General Manager.
Portland, Oregon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2013

I recently stayed 2 nights at this facility for business. The rate is a little high give location and quality, but I suppose it gets the bump because of the generally high prices in the Greater Toronto Area. The hotel needs updating. Also, I had a courtyard facing room. The noise from the lobby went straight up and made it very noise in the evening and morning with people at the restaurant / bar.

Room Tip: Get and exterior facing room. The courtyard rooms are really noisy.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
HolidayInnOakville, General Manager at Holiday Inn Oakville Centre, responded to this review, 16 October 2013
Dear Mark R
Thank you for your recent review on your stay. I am glad to hear you found good value in our hotel location and service. We would be happy to provide you with an exterior facing room on your next stay. Let us know when you are making your reservation and we will block your room. The interior rooms do provide a balcony and are often desired by our family travelers. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit. Regards Gino Zambito – General Manager
Toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2013

I am staying here for a conference as I write this. The room I have is wonderful, lots of room and a large bed. The company pre booked the rooms so I am unclear as to the name of it but it was the end of the hall attached to the stair well so the bed was on an angle which was different to see. My fridge was smelly and house keeping cleaned it right away after I mentioned it. It is nice that the wifi is free and I am using it to right this review. The bed is super comfy, the sofa and chair are not bad to lounge on and the bathroom is very clean. I have no complaints. The front desk even has cookies in the evening which is a very nice touch. I really like staying here and I also really like the restaurant. You can read my reviews on it under the "Courtyard Bistro" Oakville.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
HolidayInnOakville, General Manager at Holiday Inn Oakville Centre, responded to this review, 11 October 2013
Dear Michelle H,
Thank you again for providing our hotel with a 5 star review. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that we were able to correct your concerns quickly. Thank you for such wonderful feedback and in assisting other travelers when making a choice as to where to stay and eat when in Oakville. We hope to see you back soon and look forward to welcoming you back. Sincerely, Gino Zambito – General Manager.
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2013

I stayed here recently for one night prior to a business meeting. I had stayed at this hotel quite a few years ago and the rooms have been nicely upgraded. I stayed in a King Executive room and everything from the decor to the linen to the robe provided (not used) was excellent. The one thing I wish they would do however is to upgrade the keycard locks on the doors. They didn't work very well last time I stayed years ago and they still don't work very well. It took two to three attempts before I was able to open my door each time I returned to the room. Another thing I remember from being here in the past and it is the same now is that the tubs do not drain very well. You end up standing in a lot of water while showering.

Even with the few drawbacks I think this is a good hotel and will definitely stay again when in the area.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
HolidayInnOakville, General Manager at Holiday Inn Oakville Centre, responded to this review, 7 October 2013
Dear Gutch2
Thank you for taking the time to write your review on your recent stay. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay and that you would recommend out hotel. We are currently working on upgrading our key card system and hope to have a new one in place in the new year. We provide a drain cleaning on a regular basis to ensure proper draining and will check you room to correct this problem. I am glad you were able to enjoy the King Executive room. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.
Regards
Gino Zambito
Lima - Peru
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2013

My friend and I stayed only one night on August , we had an outside room, with a view of the street.
The room was nice, very spacious, clean and comfortable. The bathroom had amenities (Body lotion, shampoo and soap from Bath &Body Works).
The wifi was fast and I had a good reception from my room.
The only bad thing was the shower didn´t have hot water on the night, when I tried to calll the receptionist about the problem, nobody aswered it.
But the next day in the morning I didn´t have a problem.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Patty_T_S
HolidayInnOakville, General Manager at Holiday Inn Oakville Centre, responded to this review, 30 September 2013
Dear Patty_T_S
Thank you very much for your 4 star view on our hotel. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. My apologies for the situation you experienced with the hot water. I checked our records and do not show any records of problems with hot water. I am glad that the hot water was available for the morning. We look forward to welcoming you back. Regards Gino Zambito – General Manager
Upstate NY
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2013

Booked the Holiday Inn on Expedia while staying for a hockey tournament in Hamilton. Arrived at about 8 PM on Saturday night and got our room. The room, while acceptable, had no window to the outside, but only a sliding door into the hallway with the elevator doors right across. I called the front desk and asked if there would be a room with a window and was told no. Then they called back with and option to upgrade to and executive floor and a room with a window for $15, which I declined. The black out shade for the window wouldn't close the whole width, so a foot wide width of sheer open to the elevator lobby was open all night. Thankfully we were staying only one night. Totally bush league.

Room Tip: Insist on a room with a window to the outside.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
HolidayInnOakville, General Manager at Holiday Inn Oakville Centre, responded to this review, 22 September 2013
Dear Traveler,
Thank you for providing feedback on your recent stay. We do have a number of different types of accommodation available which can be chosen at the time of booking. I noticed that the night you stayed we did have limited availability and thus the number of choices was also limited. We have also corrected the blackout drapes so that they may close fully. It appeared that the last clip on the black out was stuck not causing it to close fully. Please feel free to reach out to me for your next stay so we can ensure we can secure your preferred room type. Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Oakville. Regards Gino Zambito – General Manager