“3 night stay turned to 4”
Review of Quality Suites

Quality Suites
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Oakville
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Ottawa
“3 night stay turned to 4”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Stayed at the quality suites last week during a period when my wife had to have surgery in the Toronto area. We booked the first 3 nights through hotels.com and checked in on a Sunday evening. Before we traveled to the hotel i called the hotel and told them what we were doing and that i need a room with a freezer/fridge if possible (ice requirements post surgery). The front desk staff were so helpful, kind and compassionate. They upgraded our stay to a family suite at no charge!

The hotel is a bit older but all in all it served our purpose. There is a Tim's attached to the hotel which was very convenient for some of our meals. There was also a restaurant attached to the property which we never did try. The gym was good for cardio but for weights not so great. That is one thing the hotel could improve on, a multi purpose weight machine. The pool and hot tub were very nice.

We had to stay an extra day because things weren't healing as quickly as we had hoped so i checked with the front desk for an additional night and they accomidated us with no problem and a very good rate. Again they were so kind and caring. Can't say enough good things about them. I hope the hotel management recognizes how lucky he is to have these girls on staff.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed 7 July 2014

This was the second time we've stayed at this hotel and found it to be just as nice the second time. Check-in was fast and easy. The room was clean, comfortable and quiet. Great place to get rested up for another long day of travel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from elevators and vending machines. Bring flip-flops for trips to pool.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Niagara Falls, New York
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Came into town for a tournament. Hotel was clean, quiet and staff was very accommodating. Our double queen suite was outstanding and more than I expected. Room was completely updated with very modern furnishings. Hotel also has a tim hortons attached which was a plus for the family. Great pool and hot tub for the kids. I would recommend this hotel to other families.

Room Tip: If you have a group of six the double queen suite is more than enough room. There are two queen beds...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
DOS135, Director of Sales at Quality Suites, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our property! We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay and got a chance to use our pool and hot tub. We do hope that we will see you again next time you are in town for the tournament!

London, Canada
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Way back in the fall of 2009 I stayed in this wonderful hotel for about 6 weeks consecutively while my condo.was being renovated.
I enjoyed my stay immensely and when I flew in this week I knew I was again headed to Quality Suites for a 3 night stay.
I suffer from chronic pain issues in my back and found the bed on my first night way too hard; it was room 705 which had a king bed with a jacuzzi and I'm sure most people would have loved this room. I asked the front desk at 5 am the first morning after 3 rather crappy hours of sleep, if I could change to a different room. I told him that I had previously stayed here this past March and found that bed very comfortable so I asked to be moved to a similar room as I had in March, knowing it was a room with a king bed but 'no' jacuzzi.
He agreed to try to find me a similar room the following night so I was hopeful.

I then went for breakfast at Hamptons which is the restaurant attached to the hotel run by a lovely man named Mike; and noticed Catherine Quiricol the hotel manager at the next table so we got to chatting.
She definitely remembered my long stay in '09 and I mentioned to her about how hard I found the bed in my room so right away she asked me if I remembered my room # from March. I didn't so right after she finished her breakfast she looked into her system and found that I had stayed in room # 709 and initially it didn't look like I would be able to get the room as I knew they were completely booked all weekend b/c of a girls soccer tournament in Oakville.

I was at the computer in the lobby for a while and Catherine came over to say that they had a similar room available exactly like the one I had in March.
Catherine had an employee take me up to the room so I could check out the bed. It was exactly like the bed from the previous night. Too, too firm for my liking.
I went back down and told as much to Catherine, saying I'll just stay in my original room and bite the bullet.
She could see my disappointment and quickly went back to work trying to get me into room # 709.
Within 10 minutes she came over and told me that she did indeed book me into room #709, I'm sure not without some world class juggling. I could have hugged her. I thanked her again and again. Of course she simply smiled and said I was very welcome.

This may not seem like much but the staff here at Quality suites are always extremely accommodating with almost any request you ask of them. I believe this is because they mirror the very professional and pleasing behaviour and personality of the hotel's own manager, Catherine Quiricol.
It certainly appears as though her excellent example resonates throughout the entire hotel and she deserves all the kudos sent her way via her staff.

Keep up the excellent work Catherine. You are and will continue to be the main reason I always stay at your wonderful hotel when in the Oakville area.

Room Tip: Despite my above review I would definitely recommend any room with a jacuzzi. I would also recommend...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Stayed in the penthouse Jacuzzi suite and enjoyed it very much. The staff was friendly and the room was clean. Especially enjoyed the jacuzzi tub. Right next door, actually attached to the Hotel was a Tim Hortons coffee shop. Lots of parking and a gas station right in the parking lot. The bed was fantastic.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
DOS135, Director of Sales at Quality Suites, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review of our hotel. We are thrilled that you enjoyed our Jacuzzi suite as well as our beds! We take great pride when our guests enjoy their stays and will look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in town.

FORT FRANCES
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Although an older hotel with not as many amenities, the staff was very friendly and helpful. A young lady at the front desk named Cris was extremely efficient with any question or concern that I might have had.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
DOS135, Director of Sales at Quality Suites, responded to this review, 4 April 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our property. We value all guest feedback and your words will serve as encouragement as to where we can improve. We will also be sure to share your kind words with Cris as we are so glad that she could make your stay more enjoyable. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed 1 April 2014

This hotel has a great location that allows for much entertainment after a long day of workshops and business meetings. Great view, excellent service, friendly and attentive management and staff. Location allows for quick travel to great restaurants in the area or in Toronto via the HWY access right by the hotel. As a sports fan I loved catching a game on the big screen in the bar restaurant right downstairs, not feeling like going out that night I found great company, entertainment, and service right downstairs. Above all, I loved the set up of the amenities and the overall feeling that I am in a villa and not a common hotel without the feeling of comfort similar to your own home.

Room Tip: Select one of the four rooms that have a balcony looking down to the ravine in the back or facing th...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a fantastic review of our property! We take pride in our hotel and staff and are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We will be sure to pass along you feedback to the staff at our next team meeting. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.