“Lovely Spa - great service”

Rosewater Spa of Oakville
Ranked #6 of 16 Spas & Wellness in Oakville
More attraction details
Owner description: At the Rosewater, centuries old European skin and body care techniques are used to soothe, soften and invigorate your body, mind and soul. The Rosewater was created to set a new benchmark for personal spa services in Oakville and Burlington. We are dedicated to offering men and women the opportunity to create more balance and fulfill their personal health goals, while in a gracious atmosphere of casual elegance.
Reviewed 26 March 2013 via mobile

I had a lovely day with my friend here. The services (mani, pedi and 80 minute massage) were very good. It is located in lovely downtown Burlington in what I understand to be an old library? Didn't fact check that one. The old house is lovely and the atmosphere and music were relaxing. I may choose to go out for lunch next time as there are so many lovely places you can walk to eat before or after.
The owner Elizabeth cares about your experience.
I recommend rosewater spa in Burlington.

1  Thank ElissaJayne

Reviewed 16 March 2013

Never ever again will I go back to this establishment in either the Burlington or the Oakville location. I have been now to both places....a while ago I went to the Oakville location and the service was horrifying! I decided to give the Burlington location a try and although the actual service providers were friendly enough they were unorganized, mixed up services (again). Our lunch was cold, we were served lunch in the main reception area. We sat in our robes as patrons were walking by. There was no privacy whatsoever. I had a facial and although they did have lovely spa background music I could clearly hear many louder voices and conversations. Visually it is lovely...the staircase is stunning but they have totally missed the mark. The person checking us out mixed up the billing.....truly not an enjoyable experience....It was very expensive and I will never spend another dollar at the Rosewater Spa again! Time to change the scene going on.

12  Thank Lovetravelalot999
LizB218, Owner at Rosewater Spa of Oakville, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2013

We have left 2 voicemails and 1 email in an attempt to resolve what happened but to-date have not heard back. Please contact us, we look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 15 March 2013

I have to agree with the comments above. The receptionist is extremely rude and condescending.
The management has responded on here regarding this service level but clearly there has been no change as these comments date back to August 2012.
I would have given her the benefit of the doubt but I have been in two times and the same receptionist was equally rude and condescending. This is not acceptable. I will most likely not return. I also know someone that spends a lot of money at this spa at year end And will be informing them of this experience

8  Thank BTW t
LizB218, Owner at Rosewater Spa of Oakville, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2013

We would greatly appreciate if you could please contact us at your earliest conveinence as we would like to speak to you directly. Thank you

Reviewed 3 March 2013

I booked the rendez-vous for two for my husband and I to celebrate his birthday. We were both looking forward to a wonderful day of pampering. I was completely disappointed in the cold reception when we walked in. Most of the spas that we have visted in the past, you are warmly welcomed. We were immediately hustled into the change room, and then up to our room that we had booked.
We were left in the room to fiddle around looking for towels and things to make our selves comfortable. The massages were less to be desired and certainly not what we both expected. After paying our $320 -not our money's worth. The receptionist didnt even take the time to say good bye after we left. I honestly felt robbed and would not recommend this spa to anyone unless you are looking for over priced, mediocre service and poor customer service! NEVER AGAIN!!!

9  Thank Michelle G
Reviewed 7 January 2013

If you are looking for a true spa experience, I don’t recommend Rosewater Spa. I've had a couple issues with this spa before. Their front staff is quite rude (not at all friendly and warm like you would expect a spa greeting to be). They don’t provide robes or slippers, nor do they have a change room. Their staff performing the services are quite amateur, and talk too much (much of the staff is young, and they find it necessary to go on about their drinking plans for the night ..not the type of conversation you want to hear when getting a massage/wrap). When your massage is done, they don`t greet you with water nor do they advise you to keep hydrated – seems like basic information to be given after a massage, but don`t expect anyone at Rosewater to go above and beyond to make your visit enjoyable. I used to go to Rosewater Spa frequently because of the convenience, but I would rather travel an extra few minutes to another location that actually knows how to treat their spa clients.

I booked an appointment on New Years Eve for a massage, which was confirmed. A few days later I get a message on my phone saying they have to cancel my appointment because they double booked it (how professional eh). Being New Years Eve, I had already arranged my entire schedule around my massage appointment. I was even willing to visit their other location, but they did nothing to fit me in or suggest another service for me (was willing to pay more for another service as well). I was quite disappointed, and no one at the spa even seemed to care of the inconvenience they cost me. I spend two hours calling spas within the area for an appointment, but being NYE they were all booked because of the short notice. On top of this, I received a call from another staff member the night before my cancelled appointment, accidentally calling me to confirm it – yes, please call a client whose appointment you cancelled to confirm a non-existing massage time – extremely unprofessional! Another issue with Rosewater is that they will tell you to take off your shoes when coming in during the winter, only so your socks can get completely soaked with the accumulated slush all over the front. I emailed the owner about the NYE situation, but surprise, surprise – I received no response.

One of my favourite Toronto Spa’s (Hammam) was kind enough to fit me in, and even though it was a bit out of my way to travel there, I was greeted with friendly staff, robes & slippers and a beautifully calm relaxation room (not to mention access to their steam room) – well worth the commute! Overall, Rosewater has a terrible staff, they are extremely disorganized, and their locations are lacking any spa vibe. If you are looking for a relaxing spa within the area I would look elsewhere, as I am sure there are other great places in Ancaster, Mississauga, etc.

11  Thank WanderlustBeauty
LizB218, Owner at Rosewater Spa of Oakville, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2013

We definitely did drop the ball, and please accept our appologies. I did call as we feel that we would certainly like to compensate you and preferred to speak to you directly. We hope that you will give us another chance, we look forward to hearing from you.