“BED BUGS”

Ranked #10 of 11 Hotels in Oakville
Brantford, Canada
“BED BUGS”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I have stayed here a couple times in the past on business, and have found the location to be satisfactory, and much less expensive than nearby alternatives in Oakville. However, as a frequent traveller I always take great precautions against bed bugs, especially when staying in the GTA. I awoke to discover a bed bug on my pillow, which had already bitten me on the face. I killed it and presented it to the night manager, who did not seem to have ever heard of bed bugs, and tried to convince me it must have been the only one. I understand that hotels can really only take regular preventative measures against these pests, but I was unimpressed by the location's response and lack of commitment to fumigate. Beware room 115 especially. I would not stay here again.

Room Tip: Avoid room 115, it has BED BUGS.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank elegee
, Public Relations Manager at Monte Carlo Inn Oakville Suites, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
The Monte Carlo Inns believes that customer satisfaction and product consistency are the backbone of our success. It is our goal to ensure that when a customer reports an issue with our product or services, that we address the matter as quickly as possible.

Experience has taught us that when an incident of this nature occurs we do not necessarily assume all responsibility as these types of incidents can occur for various reasons until the matter is fully investigated. We do not make any excuses, we addressed the matter as quickly as possible.
However we are not in the business of making excuses, we took all necessary precautions and offered a full refund and any help where the guest could use it.

in closing, we are an organization that is passionate about what we do. We take customer comments and feedback very seriously. Therefore, we want all of our customers to know that we will never stop working harder to ensure that each stay with the Monte Carlo Inns will be a more comfortable and positive experience.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
arlington heights, IL
Reviewed 31 March 2014

We stayed here in July 2013, and the rooms were booked on Priceline. I was a little afraid of staying here after reading the reviews but was pleased with our stay. We had 3 rooms and they put us all together in the same area which does not always happen with Priceline, The rooms were very clean and cool which was a nice reprieve from the hot weather. Except for their hallways. They did not have air conditioning on in the hallway. The lobby was very clean and inviting and the desk people were nice enough. They did have an onsite restaurant which we did not try because it seemed odd for it to be at a small motel. The housekeeping staff were the most wonderful part of the motel. They kept the rooms nice and clean and were very accommodating, We had baby traveling with us who spit up and dirtied part of his swing and they took it and cleaned and dryed it for us. It was very thoughtful!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank jtz7151
Oakville, Canada
Reviewed 2 March 2014

My company set me up in a room, for one night, at this establishment and when I registered they asked for a credit card for "incidentals". They then charged $125.00 to my card and did not return it, though the bill was paid in full and I did not use any of their amenities. Do not use this hotel as they will steal from you.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
5 Thank 536petersmith
, Public Relations Manager at Monte Carlo Inn Oakville Suites, responded to this review, 5 March 2014
We appreciate you taking the time to write your frustrations as it gives us the ability to further explain ourselves. As an industry standard, a credit card must be on hand for each room rented, whether it be provided by a company or personal. A pre-authorization amount is put on this card for incidentals, though the money is never taken, it is just held by the credit card company. Upon check out, if no costs were incurred, the pre-authorization gets cancelled immediately. If you do have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact our management team so we may discuss any further confusions. We apologize if you thought we were stealing from you, however we are a professional organization that would never consider stealing from our customers.

Travellers are raving about these Oakville hotels

Chatham, Canada
Reviewed 11 February 2014

on feb 5 2014 we had to get off the highway because of a snow storm and found this place.
right from the price to front desk reception to house cleaner we were very impressed.
they also have a restaurant on site that was excellent. we had lunch supper and breakfast there and very pleased.
the beds were very comfortable and room were a good size .

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank qmi2008
Guelph, Canada
Reviewed 3 February 2014

Spent a night couple of nights here in the last month due to weather and road conditions . Staff very friendly to a fault . Rooms nice , microwave , fridge and coffee maker were handy . Somewhat surprised at the low ratings . Found it to very accepatable for what I paid . Only issue I had was both mornings when I got up I found the plow had blocked
my truck to the point I had to borrow hotels shovel to dig out . Otherwise no complaints .

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank jimmyd1
Milton, Canada
Reviewed 27 December 2013

Wife and I stayed at this hotel start of this year ago. We had very pleasant experience at this place. All the staff were very helpful. Room was amazing. we will definitely come back and stay at this place again.

Room Tip: "Amazing Customer Service, super clean rooms"
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple