“A Gem”

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Seafood, Wine Bar
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 17 July 2014

My husband and I found Nino's while driving down Kerr Street off of Lakeshore in Oakville. The area is generally quite pricey. This is a small family type restaurant that services delicious Italian fare. Everything is homemade...pasta, meat dishes, bread, pizza and pastries. We each chose a different personal pizza. What a surprise when it arrived! There were six huge pieces! The crust was thin and baked to perfection. Couldn't finish it, so we brought the rest home. Staff is Rob,the owner and his helper Rick. We did manage to eat one of Rob's pastries which was soooo... good! They haven't been there too long and deserve to have a chance in bustling Oakville.

1  Thank Donna B

Reviewed 15 February 2014

Amazing! We live in the area and did not know this place existed. So pleased we found it!
My wife and I went for dinner on a Saturday night. The place is plain but don't be fooled. The menu is extensive and the food is amazing! Everything is freshly prepared and comes hot to the table. The service provided by our waitress, Kristine was friendly and she was most attentive. The owner (chef) and second chef came out to meet us and everyone made us feel most welcome and very special. Prices are reasonable considering that everything is made fresh to order and the portions are most generous.
Thank you to Roberto and staff, especially Kristine, we will definitely come back!
David and Tina M

Reviewed 24 December 2013

I've had pizza from dozens of places and I've always preferred to strive away from large chains, looking for places like this. I've had many kinds of pizza from Nino Panino but I certainly prefer the white pizzas, the crust is so excellent I can eat it plain and it's still fantastic. I am particular to the prosciutto and arugula pizza and the Potata D'oro (potato pizza). I find the non-white pizzas (i.e. with cheese and sauce) are still really good, but ordering any pizza without cheese and sauce turns it into an exceptional eating experience for me (love a nice Tuto Carne/Meat lovers in this form). I've ordered a few dozen pizzas in the past, and the quality has always been consistently high standard.

Keep being awesome!

Reviewed 23 June 2013

Can get authentic Italian pizza, pasta or Panini for under ten dollars! My husband had a Moretti to drink which was reasonably priced and ice cold. I had the grilled vegetable white pizza with feta, it was delicious. The veal sandwich was very nice, served on fresh bread. Side salad came with a house dressing which was very tasty, but had a bit too much dressing for my taste. The interior is spotlessly clean and is comfortable and modern. Don't let the understated store front fool you! Overall we thoroughly enjoyed our meal.

Reviewed 30 May 2013

On the basis of its excellent reviews posted here, my husband and I made a special point of attending Nino Panino to try the pizza.(We've lived in the area for 30 years and had never heard of this restaurant.) I must admit to being perplexed. The place was empty at 6 PM on a Thursday night. It is a modest establishment with less than ten tables up front and a bit of a counter. I would describe it as dark and sparse but in fairness it was a rainy evening and Kerr Street is often in shadow. The young woman who served us was very accommodating, helped us order the right amount of food and served us two glasses of the house wine -which was reasonably priced - along with warm home-made rolls. My husband and I shared a Caesar salad and ordered one Prosciutto and Arugula pizza - which was enough for both of us. The pizza was well-prepared with a thin crust - but the texture is more "flaky" than "chewy". While the meal was adequate and inexpensive, I can't say that I feel the need to return because the food was nothing special and more importantly the pizza did not come across as particularly Italian.

2  Thank iv96364
LPalmieri155002, Owner at Nino Panino Pizzeria Limited, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2013

Hi Iv96364,

Thank you for your review. I just wanted to touch upon some of your comments.
Our restaurant is very new, we've only been open for 8 month, perhaps that is why you haven't heard about us? We are working to market ourselves more and more everyday.
In regards to the "darkness" in our restaurant, as you said, the rainy day definitely affected the ambiance of our restaurant.
We are glad the service was to your standard, customer service is very important to us at Nino's. Lastly, the food we prepare at Nino's is home-made Italian food. Our pasta is fresh, our bread is baked fresh on premises and our pizza dough is mixed fresh everyday. We strive to keep our dishes "authentic and Italian". Our Pizza is usually a thinner crust and baked on a stone oven, which results in a nice crispy crust. This is how proper authentic Italian crust is prepared. In order to create a more "chewy" crust, as you described in your review, we would need to make the dough a bit thicker and cooked less. If this is something you prefer, we would be happy to accomodate for you. Feel free to come back and we will give you complimentary italian dish.