“EXTREMELY BASIC” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Residence and Conference Centre - Oakville

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Residence and Conference Centre - Oakville
Ranked #11 of 11 Hotels in Oakville
kingston,on
“EXTREMELY BASIC”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2013

My sister and I are in our 50's. We stayed here for one night over the weekend while visiting family. The location was perfect for us, within the neighborhood where we were visiting. I knew that it was a student residence when I booked. We checked-in in the afternoon but only got to the room late at night, coming from a party. The entranceway is being redone so not at it's best but understandable, it's summer and that's when renos get done in a university dorm. The room was exactly as it looked in the pictures. We were happy to each have our own room, the beds were clean and comfortable, the pillows were comfortable. The bathroom was clean, the towels were clean and the shower was good. There's no bathtub. There is a kitchenette with a table and chairs, a fridge, but bare as far as utensils, pots and pans. There is a telephone, a desk, and basic tv in each room. There no clock but you can call and ask for a wake-up call. The bathroom supplies include 2 soaps, two bath towels, two hand towels, two facecloths and a small shampoo and lotion. Nothing else. No hair dryer. We didn't use the internet. We both slept well, the a/c was great. In the morning we went down for the breakfast that's included in the price. We had juice, tea, coffee, cereal and bagels with cream cheese. There is also fruit and different kinds of breads. We went before 9 and there wasn't a lot of selection but we didn't leave hungry. For $63.75 plus tax, we were both happy with the decision to stay there and would stay again. If you are expecting a high class place, you will be disappointed, but if you go prepared, with an open mind, knowing that it's a dorm room, looking for a place to lay your head for a short time, it's perfect.

Room Tip: we were on the 4th floor, on the side looking out to the new construction which may be noisy through...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank pencilcase
ResidenceMGT, Manager at Residence and Conference Centre - Oakville, responded to this review, 22 August 2013
Thank you for staying with us! We are excited to announce our new renovations in the lobby and of course the grand opening of our new building. We appreciate your feedback and positive comments. We strive to provide the best service at an affordable rate. I want to invite you back anytime and hope you come to stay with us again. Thank you!!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Oakville, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2012

If you are thinking of staying here, think again. After staying here for a month I left early (was suppose to stay for the summer as a hotel guest). The only good thing about the place is the internet speed. From the strange stains that will not come out, to the faulty toilets that they refuse to do anything about except just get poor art students working part time to unclog them multiple times per week. The water pressure is horrible and to take a decent shower is next to impossible, the water dribbles out it's like taking a sponge bath. The beds are uncomfortable and of questionable hygiene. There are mystery stains on just about everything and when asking the manager about it they will say usually students are "too drunk" to notice these things.

The customer service is HORRIBLE they treat you like they don't need you and they say if you are unhappy to "join the crowd", they don't care.

They have no worries about lying to you, telling you one thing then doing another. IE: Not returning deposits, then when they see your room is spotless and even better then when you moved in, they STILL give you a hard time about the deposit and will mail it to you. *I am not even expecting it back* that's how bad this place is. When I was there they had multiple checks for bed bugs, which they found. Granted they would not tell you they found bed bugs, but when you see them replacing and throwing out HUGE amounts of mattresses right after a dog comes through smelling for bed bugs, it dosen't take a college student to add things up.

Take my advice, don't walk, RUN away from this place. The rules they operate under are self imposed, so they are not even governed by normal consumer laws like a hotel would be and they take advantage of this.

Also as I type this end of June 2012 they just started construction on a new residence (because they just threw in the towel on the current residence). So that means NO parking even remotely close to the place and construction noise. Which I am sure they are not going to tell people about before they move in. Soon as they closed the parking lot across the street from the building, the other parking lot is a fair walk and the parking lot gets full with traffic from the college. So finding a parking spot that is within a 5 minute walk to the place is next to impossible.

If you are thinking to stay here as a hotel guest, don't, you have been warned. Probably the worst place I have ever stayed in my life and I have travled the world staying in hostels in the middle of South America. There is a reason the only people living here really have no choice, because anyone with a choice would not be here.

Also I would like to add from my Google+ review, that this IS NOT a family environment. Students are walking in the halls in their underwear, swearing and just being..well college students in the summer. I noticed they said this is a great "family" environment in there ad, this is a total joke.

Room Tip: They will not tell you this, but rooms facing the field will be right next to construction. They are...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
4 Thank Bob F
SheridanMGT, Manager at Residence and Conference Centre - Oakville, responded to this review, 24 September 2012
Hello,
Thank you for your Review. We value all the input from all of our guests.

We are sorry to hear that your stay wasn’t up to your standards. We are always working on improving all aspects of our business and your feedback is important to us. Please feel free to contact our management team any time as we are always happy to help.

Travellers are raving about these Oakville hotels

Vancouver
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2011

I stayed here as a student, actually, and would like to warn other students who might be looking to stay here, don't expect to get your deposit back. I've been jerked around and had multiple emails ignored until the point when they could deny to return it to me because they "hadn't received my cancellation before the deadline". If you want to stay there, then go for it, but don't expect your deposit back, and do expect the administration to charge you up the yinyang for anything they think they can get away with. Also, don't expect a lot of quality sleep since your neighbours will probably be partying.
As a place to stay for the summer, it's alright, but it IS a dorm, the facilities are worn down, and amenities minimal; the mattresses were NOT the height of comfort. I stayed there for a bit as a guest before the official move in date as I had to travel a fair distance to get there and wanted to familiarize myself with the area before school started, and I'd rate it about on par with a motel. Serviceable.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled solo
3 Thank Psyk
Port Washington, Wisconsin
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2010

Looking at this facility it is represented as a hotel or conference center but it is really a basic dorm room. The staff is excellent! As other reviewers mentioned there is a kitchenette however there are no pots, pans, dishes or glasses making it useless. There are also no hair dryers, irons or ironing boards in the room. There are a limited number available at the front desk, however they are table top and the iron I was given was coated in something that was melted on it. The bed in my room was a plastic thin mattress although others mentioned some were cloth but still thin and almost on the floor they are so low. There are also no nightstands, lamps or even alarm clocks in the bed room. There is a kitchen and 2 bedrooms with no sitting area at all. All of that would not be s bad except the room was also dirty. It appeared the room had not been vacumed, The lenolium in the kitchen was stained and the pillow cases were also dirty on one of the beds. It may work for a night or two for youth groups or sport teams but certainly not a business class hotel at all.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank HeelsandBoots
Ontario
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2010

This is a great place for sporting teams who are looking for a budget place to stay. When staff tell you there is a full kitchen, there is, but with nothing in it. It would help alot if they told their guests to bring plates, cutlery, pots, dishtowels etc. Does not do much good to have a full kitchen but it is only a frig and a microwave.. So be prepared and bring a knife to cut your watermelon with, and dishes and cups for food and drink.
The beds are very small, sharing 2 adults is a very tight squeeze, which, may or may not be a good thing!
The staff were very polite, and you get what you pay for...a college dorm!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank OntarioHockeymom
Belleville, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2010

I booked this hotel for my husband for his business trip because it's very close to Mississauga. It's early May, and it's still very chilly at night. After my husband told me that there is no heat because the student is gone, and it's freezing in the room. I called the front desk and told them about the issue. The front desk was say," well, make sure your husband turn off the air condition and we only run the air condition in the hallway. It should slowly heat up at night." Heat up at night by what? Body heat? If they want to run a hotel foundtion, they should really consider more about thier guests. What kind of hotel doesn't provide heat when it's cold. I mean, come on, any cheap motel or hotel provides heat.

Stayed May 2010, travelled on business